You can type here any text you want

Help UPS lost my oem GNX parts!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hottrawd

UPS lost the OEM flares and vents I shipped to one of the other members of this site two weeks ago so he could finish putting his gnx back together. I had them insured for $2400 but UPS wants paper work to show the value of them before they will reimburse it (as if they are stocked at you local autozone). Can anyone with a business send me some kind of paper work with an estimate to "find and sell me OEM flares, vents, and ducting" on a paper with business heading or something similar? This really sux not only for the money lost, and a member will have a hard time finding oem parts for his GNX, but also for another rare item that cannot be replaced, and now there is one less original set of flares and vents in the known world. Mean while wherever this pkg ends up someone will have no clue as to the value of what they are in possesion of (just like the GNX wheels stolen out of my suburban at the theater last year). Any help is much appreciated.

UPS lost the OEM flares and vents I shipped to one of the other members of this site two weeks ago so he could finish putting his gnx back together. I had them insured for $2400 but UPS wants paper work to show the value of them before they will reimburse it (as if they are stocked at you local autozone). Can anyone with a business send me some kind of paper work with an estimate to "find and sell me OEM flares, vents, and ducting" on a paper with business heading or something similar? This really sux not only for the money lost, and a member will have a hard time finding oem parts for his GNX, but also for another rare item that cannot be replaced, and now there is one less original set of flares and vents in the known world. Mean while wherever this pkg ends up someone will have no clue as to the value of what they are in possesion of (just like the GNX wheels stolen out of my suburban at the theater last year). Any help is much appreciated.

Call Dennis Kirban and he will probably write you a book or at least help out:wink:

Then show them the numerous 65K to 100K GNXs sold on EBAY

Perhaps some forum members can chime in on the value of the lost item and you can print out the thread to show to them?

Hottrawd,

Give me a day or so and I'll send you a letter on letterhead if you want-- I'm sure it would help your case. Just PM me your information.

Check to see if your UPS guy drives a GN!

Kirban can probably get you some type of documentation.

What BS, I hate UPS. They shouldn't sell you the insc in the first place, if they won't stand behind it. Tell them to go and buy you another set!

I had a GS grille that I swaped for someone with a standard grille. They broke his grill, had it insc for $500, first they refused, then countered for $100, then wanted to take the grille!

Finally, it was done and end the end they paid, but it was tuff. Gather information and call them every day. And I mean everyday and don't back down.:mad:

These freaking shipping companies are something else. I'm actually in the middle of a similar problem with a GNX suspension shipped through Fedex. They shipped the packages to the wrong address and when I finally got them the top of one of the boxes was completely torn off and hanging by a thread off to the side and the panhard bar and stiffening bar were both missing, the Fedex guy is probably using them as pry bars by now:rolleyes:. To top off the whole deal they are now telling me they will only pay me $100.00 for the loss:mad:

I guess the only bit of luck I have with mine is it looks like I will be able to get replacement bars but I'm sure they will cost quite a bit more than the generous $100.00 Fedex wants to give me.

Wish you the best of luck with your claim hope it goes better than mine.

Hottrawd,

Give me a day or so and I'll send you a letter on letterhead if you want-- I'm sure it would help your case. Just PM me your information.

Thats Cool to see you step up to help like that!:cool:

Hottrawd,

Thanks for the help guys, I sent you a pm gnxregistry. What makes matters worse, on a different note, someone hacked another guys account and somehow pulled $1041 out of my credit card. So I'm also going through that crap to try and get my money back there, and the tax appraisal district showed up to re-appraise my house, so now more taxes. All this in the past 2 weeks.

54Rich I know the fights, thanks for the support. Check this other current fight I have going.

I had to go through a long drawn out fight with State Farm on my 84 gn when I was spun out through a ditch and barbed wire fence. They tried to say it was a regal worth $1600 not a GN. Then when they finally agreed it was a GN they wanted to give me $6500 and claimed it had 167,000 miles on it instead of the 67,000 original miles. They said that they compared it to other GN's comparable and came up with the value. When I asked them to show me where they found another 84 (only 2000 made, and with lear seigler seats) they were were like uhm-uh-well-uh... When I showed them the paper work to confirm my mileage they finally agreed it was worth over 12,000 and agreed to get it fixed, the body shop has had it for 2 1/2 years now and State Farm says they can't do anything about the time taken. In the end I am getting extra work and a complete repaint outta the whole thing (stripped to the metal) for all the extra time they are taking. It is in full primer now as of last friday.

Thanks for the help guys, I sent you a pm gnxregistry. What makes matters worse, on a different note, someone hacked another guys account and somehow pulled $1041 out of my credit card. So I'm also going through that crap to try and get my money back there, and the tax appraisal district showed up to re-appraise my house, so now more taxes. All this in the past 2 weeks.

:eek: And i thought I had bad luck

picture of the 84 gn

Here's a picture from today on the progress of my 84 GN

2435021155_19e4454d95.jpg

I don't know how to put the actual picture in.

54Rich I know the fights, thanks for the support. Check this other current fight I have going.

I had to go through a long drawn out fight with State Farm on my 84 gn when I was spun out through a ditch and barbed wire fence. They tried to say it was a regal worth $1600 not a GN. Then when they finally agreed it was a GN they wanted to give me $6500 and claimed it had 167,000 miles on it instead of the 67,000 original miles. They said that they compared it to other GN's comparable and came up with the value. When I asked them to show me where they found another 84 (only 2000 made, and with lear seigler seats) they were were like uhm-uh-well-uh... When I showed them the paper work to confirm my mileage they finally agreed it was worth over 12,000 and agreed to get it fixed, the body shop has had it for 2 1/2 years now and State Farm says they can't do anything about the time taken. In the end I am getting extra work and a complete repaint outta the whole thing (stripped to the metal) for all the extra time they are taking. It is in full primer now as of last friday.

2 and 1/2 years!!??? :eek: :eek:

Just got a call from visa I'm getting the $1041 back through their fraud dept.
That made my day a lil better, now for ups to call me and tell me they found the parts, and the tax office to send me a lower appraisal on my house lowering my taxes lol.

Thanks

Hottrawd,

I got your letter today, thanks for taking the time to help me out. I hope that with all the info I'm armed with, along with the receipt from paypal showing the sales transaction, that UPS will not fight me to much on this.

UPS can lick my A$$. They dont require special paper work when you pay extra for the insurance. They gladly take your extra $. F uck them. You may have to get a lawyer. You should have insured for $5k.

well guy's, ups has reimbursed all my money. Thanks for the help, I guess ups, & dhl will no longer be getting my business until fedex messes something up. Then I guess they all go to pick your poison status.

UPS Policy

I had a very similar incident with UPS. I shipped a transmission to a builder once. It showed up with a smashed case. I had it insured for price of trans and UPS denied my first claim.

A very helpful phone rep with UPS told me (off the record of course) that they always deny the first claim. Make sure that you submit a second claim. I was paid the full amount on my second claim.

This policy helps get rid of a lot of people. Most people submit one claim, then when denied they would not think to resubmit. UPS saves money this way as probably over half the people just accept that it was denied and move on.;)

Back