You can type here any text you want

HRPARTS&STUFF dissapointment

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Status
Not open for further replies.
HR Parts and Stuff

I to am a firm supporter of both Paul and Dave. I know them both and know that neither has any intent to default you on your money. But he has been busy moving his home and family and business. Not counting his sponsership at some events which some of you might not see. But for those of us that do attend some of these events get to see Paul as he is very sincere and humble on his parts and workmanship. He takes great pride in making and developing some much needed parts that nobody would even touch. So in my opinion if you can't wait so be it it's your choice but your opinion is your right but it will not affect my present or future dealings with Paul .

Steve Pitts

GSCA member:D

I beleive this is 100% the fault of HRparts. If his products weren't so good and of top
quality everone wouldn't order them and he wouldn't be so busy. :D Keep up the good
work Paul and have a happy thanksgiving.:D

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105581
Here's my feelings on their products. I guess I'm lucky I ordered my parts back in the summer. At any rate I say give Paul a break and I'm sure he will do all that he can to get his orders out.
Paul, maybe you might find a smart trade highschooler to help you do your manufacturing. They might want some part time work and be able to be trained fast. Just a thought.

Originally posted by Trbobuick
Why not contact someone and not act like a 4 year old throwing a temper tantrum?

The phones work, and the e-mail works.

Fact of the matter is ANYONE who takes two months to fill an order doesn't have their act together. Kevin has the right to bitch, and where better than here, and all you HRParts supporters, maybe you should get yourself some CAS or Mease parts, yeah there hasn't been any post about them!!!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by BlownZ
Paul...some advice...not that you need it...but don't let Dave handle your PR work. <snip>

Dave actually does a VERY good job 99.9% of the time, is very helpful & been playing with the turbo Buicks a few years more & gone faster than me... for now ;) and is a great person that people that know him can attest to. With reading his post again, it's hard to see how he actually meant to come across with it, being you can't actually hear his tone of voice. I know from talking to him that he was upset at the original posting, that it was negative, offensive, and incorrect in more ways than one, and didn't need to be said the way it was said. As you just pointed out, being professional, sincere, and mature in your posts gets a MUCH better result.

The behind the scene situation with this customer has made the whole ordeal quite interesting. I will not say anything bad about anyone 99.9% of the time, and neither does Dave. I am sure he was holding back a LOT of what he wanted to say, as was I. Certain issues that have happened with that order & any other persons don't need to be discussed in an open forum. This makes it VERY hard to understand where we come from some times, but seems to let everyone else say what they please, factual, fiction, opinions, feelings, whatever. Most of the time, any difference of opinions & negative feelings are due to a communication issue not seeing eye-to-eye on things. Perception is a crazy thing. If we were to be that opinionated on any topic (like some of the negative postings), it would cause more people to turn away for really no reason other than personal opinions. For instance, if I said I was a hard core Browns fan (not really), I may not get a sale from someone in PA that is a diehard Steelers fan. Sounds silly, but it's real. Sometimes it's just best to keep a lot inside, especially in an open forum where people are judging what you say, just as you did with Dave's post. He really only posted facts, and is kinda caught in the middle, between me & the customer (more than once). Dave's last line was directed more at me, because we talked about how much time we are losing by just answering the calls asking where people's orders are at. He has been taking approx. 1200 minutes worth of it a month, in his spare time, with no pay. I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt 1st time out, question things the second time, and if they continue to be a but head, well... Knowing ALL the facts here, I believe Dave handled himself extremely well!

As for the "blame", well 100% of it IS ME. I am basically a one-man show, so who else could I blame it on? That damn cat! :) Actually that's kinda funny cause we have a cute little stray that's really friendly showed up here last week. We can't find her home, and decided to adopt it, and took it to the vet to check things out. Turns out it probably has some disease like Lukimea for cats, might have a year or 2 to live, or could be pregnant, or both. We have to leave her outside so she doesn't spread it to our other 2 indoor cats. Now I spent time taking her to the vet, money for shots & checkup, building a warm temp home outside, etc. Can't stand to see her looking in the window sitting in the rain & snow when I work. And NO I can't just put her down, so yeah... It was the cats fault! :D

As for a high schooler or other person to help out, well, I can't even find the stuff I need & don't have a place to work out of right now. Stuff is still at the old place, some at the new place, some in storage, and some at the shop & some in the trailer. Little hard to have someone stop by & help when you don't have something & somewhere to do it. That was the main reason to do the move, cause AFTER the move, it will be possible to do that. Doesn't help me now though.
Thanks (almost all) for the ideas & support!
We WILL get thru all this & be in GREAT shape for next year. Just getting there will be a bit tough. I just hope people give us a chance to get thru it all, without flaring tempers or cancelling orders.

I apologize

Keivn and those others that were offended for the fact that I mentioned that his girl friend had placed the order.. I only mention it because when Kevin called and ask where his order was I didn't find one because he (in his name) hadn't ordered anything.. I certainly didn't mean anything demeaning by suggesting that you weren't paying for it only that I had no order in your name.. As for promising a date that it would be shipped I said it would be in the next shippment and gave no date. Paul I apologize for causing this bad press for you.. I resign. Dave England or whoever I am

ok i am gonna say this and this will be it.

1st off when the ordered was place, my girlfriend forgot to put the billing address, i would off never found out about the mistake if 1 month later i had not called in and asked about the order so i had to call my girl and tell her to call dave to correct the mistake, now if this would of happen with anything that anybody would buy from me i would call that person the very next day or at least contact them by email and let them know thier order had a mistake, 2nd, Lou C from lake forest was putting a stage II motor in a pretty fast car and my intentions in getting the order early was to put the sway bar to the test and see how it would do on a fast car like that, as we all know the car ran 10.3 @136mph at carlsbad just recently, i conveyed this to dave, he thought i was Bsing him just to get my order a fit faster, so what does he do, he put in a call to Lou C to find out if what i was saying was true, now of course Lou C denied the whole thing, because i was hoping just to get the sway bar in time and surprise him with it, and also new about it ,but as we all know he ran into major problems with the car and could not even make it to vegas that week, and he was dealing with his own demons, 3rd I had a few problems with My Girlfriend who then threated to cancell the order so i called dave and told him to please try to get my order out before she changed her mind, he said give me at least 2 more weeks and i will try to get it out , luck would have it and things between my Girl and I got better so the order still on pending to be solved, I personally thing that someone there does not like me., and its trying to piss me off putting off my order, if that is the case just F***** tell me and i will cancel the F***** order, your product looks great and i passed on getting a mease 24 row new intercooler to get your product but this is getting ridiculous and the order is going on 2 months and 1 week and still not solved, what pisses me off that that i was told my order would go out on the next shippment which was send out on the 26th of october, that date came and went and still no swaybar for me.

PS sorry for the swearing but this is really pissing me off now.

PPS on another note now that you know my name, i am not afraid to let you know who i am and what i am thinking, so if you don't want to sell me the swaybar for any reason let me know and i will tell my G to cancel it.

On another note, why dont you stop responding to this post and star cracking on the production line i got the point that you were moving and so on and so on and i do understand why the delay on the order, my apologies if i insulted anyone there with my post by i am very upset and i hope you understand.

Originally posted by smokin'6
Fact of the matter is ANYONE who takes two months to fill an order doesn't have their act together. Kevin has the right to bitch, and where better than here, and all you HRParts supporters, maybe you should get yourself some CAS or Mease parts, yeah there hasn't been any post about them!!!:rolleyes:

Yep, no argument there. If my act was together, I wouldn't of had to spend 1/2 the day checking & replying to this post, giving people info on the situation I am in. I have seen parts of the posts on CAS & Mease, and know some is factual & some is fiction, but that's a whole different mess. Getting into the same kind of situation myself, I can easily see how they had the troubles they did. For those that have never started a business from scratch & put everthing on the line, well, you will never know or understand so I won't try. The question people need to be asking is: Did they make it right by everyone & are they currently a positive impact on the Buick community?

So, let's all discourage & pick on the few manufacturers (not just vendors) that make badly needed parts for an obscure almost forgotton performance car from over 15 years ago because their business doesn't run like a well oiled machine, or a biz that's been going for 15-20 years already? Is there a point to that? Would you rather no one took the time to make anything for the turbo Regals or GS's? Maybe it would be easier for those that are not thankful that someone like us takes the time & invests thier money to make special parts for these cars to just go get a Mustang & call Summit Racing for their cheaply built parts that are not even 1/2 the value & performance of ours. We heard it when we got into the Buick parts years ago... Make Mustang & F-body stuff & you will make money hand over fist, make the Buick parts & you will barely survive & deal with the whiners every day. Gladly, there are WAY more grateful class act Buick owners than there ever will be whiners, so we will continue to support the Buick community.

If the original post was to get our attention & get the order filled faster, it was done completely wrong. That is my only beef from the get-go. I learned a long time ago, there are 2 parts to a message. The contentpart, and the ego part. The content is just the info you want to present. The ego is HOW you present that info. The ego makes up 95% of the message, and is what gets the results you are looking for. If the ego part AND the content part are both out of whack, well, you get whats going on here I guess. If anything, the original post delayed his & others shipping date even more. I personally found that it helps to cool off (if aggetated) and re-read things before making them public record. Emotions usually screw every conversation up.
So, say what you have to say, post what you have to post, I won't be posting to this topic again. It would have no purpose to post again & just makes mine & others situation worse. When we are in a better situation & can give firm, real shipping estimates, we will do so, and ship everyones order asap. In the mean time, THANKS to all those exhibiting extended patience as we get thru this & sorry for any & all inconveniences this has caused.

Re: ok i am gonna say this and this will be it.

Originally posted by wiked87gn
1st off when the ordered was place, my girlfriend forgot to put the billing address, i would off never found out about the mistake if 1 month later i had not called in and asked about the order so i had to call my girl and tell her to call dave to correct the mistake, now if this would of happen with anything that anybody would buy from me i would call that person the very next day or at least contact them by email and let them know thier order had a mistake, 2nd, Lou C from lake forest was putting a stage II motor in a pretty fast car and my intentions in getting the order early was to put the sway bar to the test and see how it would do on a fast car like that, as we all know the car ran 10.3 @136mph at carlsbad just recently, i conveyed this to dave, he thought i was Bsing him just to get my order a fit faster, so what does he do, he put in a call to Lou C to find out if what i was saying was true, now of course Lou C denied the whole thing, because i was hoping just to get the sway bar in time and surprise him with it, and also new about it ,but as we all know he ran into major problems with the car and could not even make it to vegas that week, and he was dealing with his own demons, 3rd I had a few problems with My Girlfriend who then threated to cancell the order so i called dave and told him to please try to get my order out before she changed her mind, he said give me at least 2 more weeks and i will try to get it out , luck would have it and things between my Girl and I got better so the order still on pending to be solved, I personally thing that someone there does not like me., and its trying to piss me off putting off my order, if that is the case just F***** tell me and i will cancel the F***** order, your product looks great and i passed on getting a mease 24 row new intercooler to get your product but this is getting ridiculous and the order is going on 2 months and 1 week and still not solved, what pisses me off that that i was told my order would go out on the next shippment which was send out on the 26th of october, that date came and went and still no swaybar for me.

PS sorry for the swearing but this is really pissing me off now.

PPS on another note now that you know my name, i am not afraid to let you know who i am and what i am thinking, so if you don't want to sell me the swaybar for any reason let me know and i will tell my G to cancel it.

On another note, why dont you stop responding to this post and star cracking on the production line i got the point that you were moving and so on and so on and i do understand why the delay on the order, my apologies if i insulted anyone there with my post by i am very upset and i hope you understand.

I agree. I think they don't like you either....and really I can't blame em. I'd cancel your order for you and put the whole thing in the rear view if I were Paul. Just my opinion.

Originally posted by HRpartsNstuff

So, say what you have to say, post what you have to post, I won't be posting to this topic again. It would have no purpose to post again & just makes mine & others situation worse. When we are in a better situation & can give firm, real shipping estimates, we will do so, and ship everyones order asap. In the mean time, THANKS to all those exhibiting extended patience as we get thru this & sorry for any & all inconveniences this has caused.

Paul...you need to hire the old man from Orange County Choppers. He could fix your whole problem with that size 12 foot of his. He keeps the production line running with his sparkling personality and charm. :D Good luck with the business...the supporters have far outweighed the naysayers so you are doing something right.

OK, I lied... I am posting again cause I type too slow to see the last posting.

Perception....

To think that we wouldn't LIKE someone, and/or delay or hold their order because of that? That might be borderline paranoia IMO :) Now if someone keeps bugging us & I go to ship 5 orders in one day, and you & 6 others placed orders on the same day at the same time, then yeah, I might hold yours until the next batch :) Just kidding, not sure if people can take jokes here anymore. We REALLY don't play a lot of favorites here, or let our emotions rule. Annoying people's money pays bills the same way nice people's money does ;) We try to help our dedicated vendors out when we can, because it's one thing to hurt our business, but it's another to hurt their business too.

As for correcting orders when they are placed, well too busy to catch everything as you can probably tell now. I have some swaybar orders I haven't even looked at the name because it's a swaybar order & it will be some time before I can get to it. Should I contact each person & let them know there is going to be a unknown delay, yep. Do we have time to do that & the many other important things that need done, nope.

As for calling Lou C, well that's just standard procedure. We get plenty of people connecting themself with important names & companies, expecting preferential treatment and/or pricing. We get some that want dealer status off a bogus name & don't even have a business. We see it all, nothing personal.

Your order is STILL scheduled to go out with the next batch put together, which was scheduled for around the end of Oct, which came & went for you and many others. There was actually a small group that was supposed to ship out just before that next batch, and they are still here as well.

THIS IS MY LAST POST HERE... For real!

You choose not to hire any help saying there's too much work for 1 and not enough for 2.......does'nt make sence to me.
Geez, some of youse guys could use a little enlightenment....So I'll try to make some sense of it.

First, would someone care explain to me where it's written that "too much work" equals "rolling in the dough"?? :rolleyes: My gawd, if I made $20 an hour for every hour I actually spend at work working, I could've retired 5 years ago. I also have way too much work for one person to do, yet I spend 11 & 12 hours a day doing it.

Now for some simple math: Suppose I hire someone. Logically, this means I could get my 12 hours of daily work done in 6 hours. Wow, how cool would THAT be?

Actually, it'd suck BIG TIME...cuz I'm afraid my new employee would like to get paid!

In simple terms, by hiring someone, not only do I effectively cut my working time in half, I also cut MY OWN PAY in half! (Where else is the money gonna come from? If we're moving the same amount of product, it comes from MY POCKET!)

So, instead of making (fer instance) $15 an hour for 12 hours, I can now make $7.50 an hour for 6 hours...gee, that's only a 75% pay decrease! (And about the fastest way to bankruptcy court I can think of!)

Exaggeration? Not hardly! Ask ANYONE who own's there own small business!

Originally posted by 86brick
Dave, just out of curiosity what was your 60' on that 9.57 pass and/or your best 60' so far with Paul's rear bar?
The awesome pic of your car launching with the wheels up on the TSM website www.gnttype.org/tsm makes me wonder:D

The 60 ft. on the 9.57 pass was 1.42, 1.40 60 ft. on a 9.60 pass. The track wasn't hooking very well at Reynolds so all the launches were soft at 13 pounds. The 60's should be in the mid 1.30's on a hooking track launching at 18 pounds. :eek:

The problem with that logic is your assuming to pay your helper the same rate of pay you make. No small business owner would do that. Now if instead of working 12 hours, you work 8 and your new employee works 8 then your production (16 hours) would be up and your cost down (his pay less than yours for 8 hours plus the fact your working 4 hours more). With less fatigue there would be less errors also. You would make less profit per item but make more items per hours worked.

Originally posted by top gun
The 60 ft. on the 9.57 pass was 1.42, 1.40 60 ft. on a 9.60 pass. The track wasn't hooking very well at Reynolds so all the launches were soft at 13 pounds. The 60's should be in the mid 1.30's on a hooking track launching at 18 pounds. :eek:

Hmmm so from the sounds of it there could easily be a 9.40-9.30 pass in her with just a better 60'....... That is a scary thought for the rest of them TSM boys!

BTW, Cal had mentioned he was going to call Rick Jensen (the editor of GMHTP) about getting your car featured in the mag...... Anything ever happen with that? Are we going to see that bad boy in an upcoming issue?? Sure would love to see it in the mag:) :cool:

I know Paul and I use his fine products. I am glad he is around to make and sell products for our cars. He needs a little understanding being a new expanding small business. If a person cannot wait just cancel the order and move on. Someday you may be sorry you did, and purchased a crappy product instead.
Get off his back and quit wasting his time. I know he probably feels enough pressure already.
I also have met Dave and he is a good guy. Usually, nice people and friends try to help each other.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hey Paul, I faxed you a bushing order about a week ago...wouldn't have done so had I realized you were in the process of moving. Who needs orders in the MIDDLE of a move??

My point...process and send my order whenever you get around to it...no hurry friend. Wish I lived nearby so I could help you a bit...you are a class act...quality concious and concerned for each of us. A noble effort, but I'd say that all of us are not worthy of your caring attitude...you can't please everybody so don't fret too much over those who are unhappy.

Regards, Bob Kolhouse

The problem with that logic is your assuming to pay your helper the same rate of pay you make. No small business owner would do that. Now if instead of working 12 hours, you work 8 and your new employee works 8 then your production (16 hours) would be up and your cost down (his pay less than yours for 8 hours plus the fact your working 4 hours more). With less fatigue there would be less errors also. You would make less profit per item but make more items per hours worked.

I admit my example was to the extreme, so let's use the 1/2 factor... Suppose I make $15 per hour after expenses, and work 12 hours a day to produce my "average" amount of product. I hire and pay an employee $7.50 per hour, and we both work 6 hours. Now, if I have no net increase in sales, where does his $7.50 per hour COME from? Yup, it comes from MY $15! Yes, with an employee, production would be UP...but you're assuming that I will actually HAVE an increase in production! I only NEED to produce what I can SELL. Ergo--if I hire an employee and pay him $45 per 6-hour day, then I absolutely MUST sell enough addtional product EACH DAY to generate at LEAST an extra $45 in actual profit just to BREAK EVEN with my prior bottom line!

If I have no increase in sales (and lets get back to reality for a moment, in THIS market, there will probably be NO increase in sales!), then it works out like this: 2 of us work 6 hours to produce the same product. At $15 per hour my normal income used to be $180 per day, but now I have to give $45 of that to my employee, which leaves me $135. Now wait a minute, I've inceased my earnings to $22.50 per hour! GREAT! But the fact remains: If I'm not seeing an increase in sales, even though I'm working less, I'd still be making $45 LESS per day!

oops, found another coupla flaws...I only WISH I made $15 per hour for every 12 hours I work... and who the hell is gonna work for $7.50 an hour??
;)

I'm done with my rant! :D

Honest folks, it's a thin line most of us "one-man" vendors ride!

Paul, Dave, and Kevin

Hey guys, just let it cease. THEY will never get it. I can , if anybody in the world can, whole heartedly understand the stress and frustration. Look at me. I work 12-16 hrs a day plus have 6 employees so you know what kinda volume we have to do, but if a guy cannot sign on to TB.com or I forget or make a mistake on one of the 40 orders or people I talk to a day, the whole world is coming to an end and there is a conspiracy against them.
Let this die and continue to deliver the best possible products and service as we cannot please them all. Do you see the same trend I see tho? It always seems to be the EXACT same people who complain and bitch. Funny how that is , isn't it?
We all give 110% all the time. What they do not still seeem to understand is that without US they would have very few vendors to even deal or bitch about. .
Hopefully , before we just get sick of it and get out altogether, they will come to their senses.
I apologize to Paul that I didn't see this earlier. If payment wasn't made, sale never took place, so this guy can bitch till the cows come home, order from someone else (problem being probobly Paul is the ONLY source) and you did nothing wrong. When I moved it was 6 months before we were back up and running to potential.
Good Luck in your move and like I said earlier, We all have the same issues.
Well I am going back to screwing people , taking their money, banning members, deleting threads with all this time I seem to have on my hands. What a joke. I guess they feel we have no families and/or lives either. I also bet they expect to have Thanksgiving with their families then be on here Thanksgiving night asking why you didn't work on their stuff today.
What a friggin joke.
Since I want to enjoy Thanksgiving Day with my family and cannot afford the time to babysit this friggin place I may just shut it down on Thursday. Spend time with your loved ones guys as someday you will see there are much more important things in life. I found this out as we are now not heading to my sister's house in LA this Thanksgiving as our plans have been rerouted to My inlaws place as my father in law has just been diagnosed with serosis of the liver and lung cancer. Gave him 6-8 months to live with no other options.
So , see how trivial the rest of this seems to be now.? If not, seek some help.

Everyone enjoy this week and the holiday. Be safe and be thankful.

Bruce
WE4
TB.com admin

Hang tough Paul,it'll work out.
I'll be in line for one of those rear bars for my new stage 2 combo[god knows I'll need it].
It's a shame though,one drop of blood hits the water.......:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back