I have a story you will never believe

Today I will take it on a little longer of a run. My friend's son will be racing in Bellingham which is a good hour each way so I will put some miles on it today... I think this is the most fun I have had in a very long time... I can't wait until it's totally ready and I can take it to Mr. Simmermacher and say.... Hey it looks like it did the day ya bought it.

Next time you get up this way give me a call... I'm a short drive away!! :D

Will do......

Meth heads broke into the house again sometime this week. Amazing how these people can get in somewhere that was locked up good, I thought. The neighbor called me yesterday and told me he saw someone roaming around the house the other night and thought I should know. I said did you call the police? Well no I don't want to be involved in that.

OMG really? Grow a pair. How ya gonna feel when they break into your house? REJECT

So I went up today and they went thru the only room we didn't get to yet which was all of his personal stuff. Stole 2 watches and a few other thing that I know of.

So I went thru most of the other stuff and grabbed what I thought was important to him. I guess next I need to go pull the storm doors off and screw the place down with plywood.

I just want to go spent the night there and wait. But they have picked it pretty clean.
And that place ain't safe for anyone to be in with all the mold. Oh well maybe that will kill em. I have worn a respirator evey time I have been in there.

Makes me sad.

You would never know this about this man. But what a humble guy.. Maybe this is why we clicked... I have enough to get by and could never ask for anything more than I have. I am so happy just to be able to house and feed my family. As long as I have my family, friends and health, I am a rich man..

The friends I have made thru this little project are amazing also. My life is so much richer for it too...

We took the car out for it's first drive in more than 17yrs today. This has got to be the fastest stock street car I have ever been in. The power is amazing. I had my friend who is more like an adopted Dad to me and my mechanic, drive me around today.. He had the biggest smile on his face. I felt like I was a 15yo kid going for a run with one of my big brothers...

He has a SHO tbird with the little 4cyl turbo hopped up. He said he wanted to race and would give me a lead... We chukkled a little... UNTIL HE DROVE IT.. Then he said, well maybe the little ford wouldn't keep up... But I will still race ya in the Saleen 2008 Mustang. I said uh no, no racin for me..... But what a great day.

We will go up tomorrow and get it all detailed out for our first weekend out...
Wooooohhhooooooooooo :)

Can ya tell Im happy. ;)

Great Story!

As for the sorry tale of a meth-head, it certainly is a sad story - all the more reason to be thankful that it is not YOUR story! (and you got a lot of the REALLY valuable stuff out already, anyway!)

I bet the local news would love to feature the story...and I'm wondering what the banks/etc will say when Mr S. comes to cash in all his bonds!
:biggrin:

Great Story!

As for the sorry tale of a meth-head, it certainly is a sad story - all the more reason to be thankful that it is not YOUR story! (and you got a lot of the REALLY valuable stuff out already, anyway!)

I bet the local news would love to feature the story...and I'm wondering what the banks/etc will say when Mr S. comes to cash in all his bonds!
:biggrin:

for sure....

We were talking about the bonds yesterday and he says there is a time limit on them so some of the ones that were never redeemed are worthless. He doesn't know the time limit on them.

The few years he lost in his funk could have cost him millions of dollars.. Sad story really.

UPDATE

Having the steering column pulled out today. Getting it repaired and re-keyed. I am really excited about getting some of this stuff handled. The mechanic is donating his time to pull it and the key guy too. AWESOME.

I took all my bros out for a ride this weekend and had a strange thing happen. We stopped to smoke, and bs a little on the river. We were there maybe 40mins and when we got back to the car, The fan had stayed on and killed the battery. wtf? And don't ya know it, me being the reject I am had taken my jump box and small tool kit out of the car on friday. Duh.

Middle of nowhere out in conway on the dike rd. Nobody anywhere. So we recruted my brother joe to get out in the road and flag someone down. 2min later here come granny and grampy in the nissan xterra... Oh gotta love old people. Joe is kinda scary, I really cant believe they stopped.. hehehehehe :) Oh you look like a bunch of nice boys and we thought we should help.

They didnt have cables, but were more than happy to get joe somewhere with someone who did. Less than 10min later back he is with a farmer and cables. 5min later we were back on the road... Woah. What luck.

So now the question I have is why would the fan just keep running after the motor is shut off? Anyone?

Thanks guys, have a great sunny week. It's gonna finally be beautiful here in our great wet PNW.....

Its the delay relay for the fan, its a common problem. I just unplug mine.

Its the large relay looking thing on the driver's side fender.

Bob

Its the delay relay for the fan, its a common problem. I just unplug mine.

Its the large relay looking thing on the driver's side fender.

Bob

Yup... the rear-most, largest of the 3 relays on the ds inner fender... just unplug and problem fixed.... won't cause any other issues by unplugging... just disables a timed running of the fan after key-off when the car is hot... not needed...:wink:

Yup... the rear-most, largest of the 3 relays on the ds inner fender... just unplug and problem fixed.... won't cause any other issues by unplugging... just disables a timed running of the fan after key-off when the car is hot... not needed...:wink:

Done, Thanks guys excellent directions... lol :biggrin:

Finally, some GREAT pics....I'm gonna steal some of them for our little side project that we discussed!

Excellent

Finally, some GREAT pics....I'm gonna steal some of them for our little side project that we discussed!

Thanks again. Mechanic is here now pulling the column. Really need a dash panel now. that hole is just making me sick. Oh well it will get done.

Freakin theives should be a little more careful with their hammers.... Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

dash2.jpg

Column is out and off to be repaired. Took the mechanic all of 10mins and he was outa here. I told him his life was in his hands. DONT SCRATCH THE CAR............ :)

dash1.jpg

Woohoooooooo, gettin stuff done.

Ok so shopping for tires. Want a good tire for the stock wheels. would like a wide tire but not have to modify wheel opening or frame. what is the biggest size rear/front? Just dont want something that goes up in smoke everytime I leave a stop. Help please

Someone else answer the question before I did. OOPS! Tere are several tires that will work well and I'm sure someone will give you better advice than I can on this..

Ok so shopping for tires. Want a good tire for the stock wheels. would like a wide tire but not have to modify wheel opening or frame. what is the biggest size rear/front? Just dont want something that goes up in smoke everytime I leave a stop. Help please

The best size for the stock wheels is 235/60-R15 Everything else doesn't seem to be quite right.

As far as up in smoke, I like the BFG drag radials for the rear on a fair weather driver. They will last about 5000 miles and make a MAJOR difference in the ability to put the power down. They handle decently as well.

Bob

The best size for the stock wheels is 235/60-R15 Everything else doesn't seem to be quite right.

As far as up in smoke, I like the BFG drag radials for the rear on a fair weather driver. They will last about 5000 miles and make a MAJOR difference in the ability to put the power down. They handle decently as well.

Bob

Thanks Bob. exactly what I was looking for.. :)

Wow!

I just stumbled upon this thread and i must say, it made me smile. Congrats on the car and on being a great person all around.

I wouldn't dismiss those bonds right away. Contact an attorney. You'd be surprised at what can be accomplished when it comes to large sums of money.

Best of luck to both of you.

D

I just stumbled upon this thread and i must say, it made me smile. Congrats on the car and on being a great person all around.

I wouldn't dismiss those bonds right away. Contact an attorney. You'd be surprised at what can be accomplished when it comes to large sums of money.

Best of luck to both of you.

D

Thank You.......

WOW! Big difference now from what it looked like! That's a interesting story!!! I'm glad that more GNs are being found! There's no telling how there are out there rusting away in peoples yards or at the dump. It would be cool though if they can manufacture them again!!!

Finally finished reading the threads. This is an awesome story. I can't believe how good the car looks with what you did to it. Congrats man & good luck.