I stumped an entire autozone parts store today

Never met a AZ employee that knew anything but I still shop there from time to time. They are right down the street and open Sundays. Thats more likely the reason they are #1. :rolleyes: Surly not for employee knowledge.

On the other side of the coin, you can't pay these people a lot of money for that position. Just like everything else in this world, you get what you pay for.

there are a few & I do mean a few, right Clint.

I got complimented and told they wished there were more customers like me when I had part numbers for the radiator hoses and an imprint on a piece of paper of the oil cooler fitting I wanted orings for.

I like to ask for crazy stuff after I get what I need to the counter. Vdub thermostat. blinker fluid, muffler berings and such

I did say "I never met" not "they don't exist". :eek: ;)

No disrespect to Clint, he has to know something right? After all, he is here with us. :biggrin:

Sorry Clint :redface:

Im all good!! Will you attend the TB.com nats?? I hope not:D :D Hate for it to be all full and no room for ya. Sorry bout ya luck....:cool:

I like to ask for crazy stuff after I get what I need to the counter. Vdub thermostat. blinker fluid, muffler berings and such

See post #12 above.

VW Beetle thermostat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thermostat Bracket & Rod VW 1200-1600cc 113119159A

Anybody here need to know the part number for the thermostat for an air cooled VW beetle 1200-1600cc engine, it's 113119159A.
Everbody here that KNEW it did have one, raise your hand.__________________

back in the 80's my mom had a 75 chevy monza with a factory v8 4.3 that was 262 cubic inch .all the parts guys without computers use to argue with her all the time and tell her the car did not exist.she would take the outside she would pop the hood they would count the wires and were promptly embarassed

they dont hire good parts guys because you have to pay good parts guys well. that being said ive had my best luck with oriellys although i did stump them when i tried to get the red assembly lube for my engine and they kept trying to give me that black grease they sale.it took a girl from the parts warehouse to hunt it down for me. every guy in the place was having a brain melt.

I like to ask for crazy stuff after I get what I need to the counter. Vdub thermostat. blinker fluid, muffler bearings and such

Rich, there are cars now with bearing in the mufflers. One of them is the Viper. It opens the muffler under full throttle.:biggrin: I has a smart @ss customer come in and do this myself. When I asked him what year Viper he had the stare was great.:tongue:

87 Buick What??

Funny story....

Here's one for you...back in the early 90's, me and my dad went to NAPA to get a set of radiator hoses for the GN. We went in, told the clerk what we needed and of course he asked "what vehicle". Dad told him an 87 Buick Grand National V6 Turbo. The guy looked in his catalogs for a few minutes with a :confused: look on his face and said "There ain't no such thing!" Me and dad looked at each other about to laugh and told the guy to look outside. He looks, goes to the back and has two hoses in hand. They were short and looked like they belonged to a 4 cyl :eek:. Dad said they won't work and he wanted to see the engine. After we showed him, we were like forget it, we'll take our business else where.

they dont hire good parts guys because you have to pay good parts guys well. that being said ive had my best luck with oriellys although i did stump them when i tried to get the red assembly lube for my engine and they kept trying to give me that black grease they sale.it took a girl from the parts warehouse to hunt it down for me. every guy in the place was having a brain melt.

I don’t know why; but it seems that the best parts guys are now girls.

I’m not trying to sound sexist; or looking to go have a beer at the White House. Just something I’ve noticed.

I don’t know why; but it seems that the best parts guys are now girls.

There's a gal at our local "Federated" parts store that's right on the ball. She's got good knowlege of the computer and books. She's shown me the difference between parts and tells me which are China made if I want to avoid them. She's way better than some of the moron guys with all the rings in their noses.

You know you have found a good parts store/counter guy when they know those big books behind the counter are not just to be used as a step stool to reach parts on the top shelf.

at our local store, asking for store hours stumps them. Not exactly the best place to locate tomorrows scholars.

See post #12 above.

VW Beetle thermostat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thermostat Bracket & Rod VW 1200-1600cc 113119159A

Anybody here need to know the part number for the thermostat for an air cooled VW beetle 1200-1600cc engine, it's 113119159A.
Everbody here that KNEW it did have one, raise your hand.__________________

You're quite a parts man as no one has ever been able to fill my request before. It appears as it is out of stock though.