You can type here any text you want

Intake gasket match question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BOP4ever

I laid out my new intake gaskets on my stock heads this evening to look at the port match and the gasket looks much bigger maybe too big . They are felpro 1200 gaskets are these the wrong gasket to use for porting stock heads?

Yep that gasket is used for ported aluminum heads. You need the regular valley pan type gasket from felpro.

I've used the 1200 gasket when the stock style was to small in the port area. They are fine but you can't run a pcv in the stock location if you use them.

Why does it affect the PCV location ???

It just looked like the port opening is wider than the push rod tube... I can maybe open to match but the push rod pinch would be more severe it seems and I wonder if it's worth it ?

Anyone want a set of gaskets.... trade for stock size ?

Thanks

e... I can maybe open to match but the push rod pinch would be more severe it seems and I wonder if it's worth it ?...........................Thanks

There will be no benefit to making the ports slightly wider. Increasing the vertical dimension for the entire port would help.

If you want to use the 1200 gaskets, simply weld a baffle around the PCV intake to keep oil from being picked up.

It just looked like the port opening is wider than the push rod tube... I can maybe open to match but the push rod pinch would be more severe it seems and I wonder if it's worth it ?

Thanks

As Nick stated opening the port wider is useless. The PCV will suck the oil slung off the cam with no baffling. I just delete the PCV on mine. It does nothing useful for what im doing.

I open the port out to the 1200, then epoxy in a brass tube to seal the push rod hole. (and even the head bolt hole) You will also break out of the intake in at least one spot, usually two. Epoxy works there, too. Port volume is KING on a turbo engine. Going from a well ported std gasket dimension to a Felpro dimension I gained 30 HP. Now......will you be able to accomplish the same results? Maybe, maybe not. The port bowl is where 80% of the gain is had. Just port matching to the stock intake gasket is ALOT simpler and will get you a head capable of low 10 second pass. (IF......you do a good port job under the seat and on the short side radius.)

Thanks

I will be needing a set of 1200's very soon... :)

Back