Is there a easy way to discover which lifter is bleeding down?

Sorry didn't read your first post so if you do this would the correct procedure just make sure lifters are totally bled down and no oil in them and adjust just like that says and your on your way good luck.

On a cold start mine did that too. I readjusted them very carefully and the results were better, not hush quiet but acceptable. Once warmed they are good. What oil are you running?

Yep that is just about how I do it but remember that is for chevy valvetrain where the valvetrain is adjustable, the stock buick rockers are torqued to spec unless you have aftermarket valvetrain that's set up to work this way, what setup are you running?
I'm running T&D 1.65 roller rocker arms.

On a cold start mine did that too. I readjusted them very carefully and the results were better, not hush quiet but acceptable. Once warmed they are good. What oil are you running?
Pronto running the same oil for the last few decades, Mobil 1 10-30 full synthetic (after seating the rings).

When pulling valve covers check to see is pushrods are hitting the heads.

They will not be perfectly centered in the holes.

D
I know for a fact that they are not, from the assembly. But thanks for the tip.

image.jpg Sorry guys, I looked at the vendors site and thought I had what is listed. What I actually have are ERSON lifters.

When you do get valve covers off ,bump engine around until cam is on base circle one valve at a time and check to see if you have any up and down movement with pushrod if, you do that valve will be out of adjustment adjust the valves just like the morel site said and you should be good.But remember if you primed the lifters with oil which is a no no adjust the valves properly and let them set overnight to bleed the oil out of them, then readjust them like the morel site says.If this doesn't fix them you have other problems.

When you do get valve covers off ,bump engine around until cam is on base circle one valve at a time and check to see if you have any up and down movement with pushrod if, you do that valve will be out of adjustment adjust the valves just like the morel site said and you should be good.But remember if you primed the lifters with oil which is a no no adjust the valves properly and let them set overnight to bleed the oil out of them, then readjust them like the morel site says.If this doesn't fix them you have other problems.
Thanks, I will give this a try 1st, I appreciate everyone's input and will report back with what happens.

Old thread but I just got a set of Johnson "Reduced Travel" lifters from Bison last week. Yes all this time I've been putting up with the crap lifters, the Johnson lifters have had great reviews from others. Another question for the experts, so I have an adjustable push rod length checker and access to a set of calibrated micrometers to measure the over all length. Is there a need to add or subtract from this value when ordering new push rods. I remember the last time I did this the rods were either shorter or longer than I requested and I had to exchange them...

Chuck

Old thread but I just got a set of Johnson "Reduced Travel" lifters from Bison last week. Yes all this time I've been putting up with the crap lifters, the Johnson lifters have had great reviews from others. Another question for the experts, so I have an adjustable push rod length checker and access to a set of calibrated micrometers to measure the over all length. Is there a need to add or subtract from this value when ordering new push rods. I remember the last time I did this the rods were either shorter or longer than I requested and I had to exchange them...

Chuck
Chuck, I get the pushrod closest to length I measured at zero preload. With the rocker arm adjuster at minimum depth. If you are running stock rockers then add your desired preload, not with adjustable since you have a range of adjustment.

There is about 1.5 turn adustment typical with adjustable rockers.

What pushrod length was/is on the car?

Chuck, I get the pushrod closest to length I measured at zero preload. With the rocker arm adjuster at minimum depth. If you are running stock rockers then add your desired preload, not with adjustable since you have a range of adjustment.

Hi Steve,
I’m running adjustable roller rockers, my question is when you have the adjustable push rod to the perfect length. Then you take it out and check the length with a micrometer do I need to do any adding or subtracting from the mic reading. Before telling the vendor what length to give me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is about 1.5 turn adustment typical with adjustable rockers.

What pushrod length was/is on the car?

It’s custom I don’t remember but the new lifters have a different length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk