You can type here any text you want

Killed a Harley

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

So Chicken how much harder does the GN pull now vs. how it felt before? I agree with Lou. I think they are the most annoying things on the road!
No offense but the only Harley I like is the V-ROD can only imagine how one of those would run with a turbo.

That is the biggest crock of****!:mad:
When do you hear them? After they pass! Not before!
If they're in front of you, you can usually see the oil on the road.:rolleyes:

There is a simple explanation for loud pipes; They Save Lives!

Here in Houston, I litteraly got run off the road 3-4 times . . . it was than that I decided to take the OEM pipes back off the bike, reinstalled the hookers and problem solved.

There are always idiots who "don't see you", but ....... they stay away when the drone of the pipes hit the car.
I don't like it loud, just loud enough for safety.;)

Now, having been around bikes most of my life and around TR's a short time, I would think twice about running a TR . . . . . at the track of course :tongue:.
Than again, by bike is a bagger and I prefer comfort over speed at my old age.

Anyway . . . I have fun reading your stories. They crack me up!
Be carefull out there.

Now that you mention it.

While I have to agree now that I'm older & hearing is shot anything loud catch's my attention. But on the other hand nothing sounds worst than a Harley with loud pipes. My house is near a major street & especially on the week ends all you hear are those damn bikes.

They do sound kinda like an air compressor on steroids.

Mike B.

So Chicken how much harder does the GN pull now vs. how it felt before? I agree with Lou. I think they are the most annoying things on the road!

It pulls a ton harder:D
The heads and intake gave it enough to blow the DR's off like they were street radialls...
....but.... I wanted a little more so it's back at Lou's for a 210/210 roller cam upgrade.....should wake the mid range and top end up a lot more...and that'll definitely put those mean ol' 03/04 Cobra's and Z06's behind me for good because they love the top of the track too.

Nice Chicken. That should wake her up. Glad to see im not the only one spending money like a drunken sailor on their TR....:biggrin:

my exp running my bro in law's 1200

my bro in law has a harley 1200 and i have a low end katana 600 and we went from a dead stop at a light and it wasn't even fair. kinda like one of our cars agains a honda. i'm sure there are soem quick harley's but i haven't seen one yet.

No offense but the only Harley I like is the V-ROD can only imagine how one of those would run with a turbo.

Local Harley shop has a dyno and they dyno different bikes.One was a Vrod w/turbo. Made 147hp.Top bike so far is the2006 destroyer at 150hp.Non turbo.

I'm out testing out the new set of ported heads and port matched intake that Lou just installed for me.

Not sure what kind it was....it was one of the ones with the obnoxiously loud exhaust....sorry...best I can do for ya.:rolleyes:

He was splitting the lane on the other side of the car next to me at a traffic light.

When the light turned green, I kinda rolled out with him until I heard him open it up, then I nailed it....completely wasted him.

A mile or so up the road, I was turning left, and as he went by on the right, he held out the thumbs up.

I dunno how quick Harleys are in the 1/4. I know they can't come close to a sprot bike, but they gotta be at least in the 13's right?

Considering less than 70 WHP in stock form and most weigh in excess of 700 lbs... No...

Of course... most car guys cant tell a Harley from a Big Dog to a Metric Cruiser anyway.

The V-Rod might be fast, but has too much rake to be a comfortable ride.

I'll stick with my mildly modded CVO Road Glide.... I cant tell if the Harley or the GN is a bigger money-pit.

But my older fatboy kept up with a LPE 427 powered GTO.... (It wasnt stock and is VERY well tuned)

No racetrack here so no 1/4 times... this was just "spirited driving" amongst friends

It pulls a ton harder:D
The heads and intake gave it enough to blow the DR's off like they were street radialls...
....but.... I wanted a little more so it's back at Lou's for a 210/210 roller cam upgrade.....should wake the mid range and top end up a lot more...and that'll definitely put those mean ol' 03/04 Cobra's and Z06's behind me for good because they love the top of the track too.
Mean Chicken's roller cam job is done . Came out nice & runs smooth. No Knock sensor issues or collapsed lifters. Like some have reported. Since this was a budget deal used the stock rockers & solid rocker shafts from TA perf. Next he needs at least a pt-61 turbo & he will be the fastest chicken known to man kind .

why not any T&D's ?
I did this all with parts I had laying around. The chicken is not a rich man. He should start street racing for money.Besides the car pulls hard & runs just fine as is.

whats your best time ?

I've found I have the best time when I'm killing another Eurosport car with some lambskin glove wearing nancy boy driving it.:D
...even more fun if he has a hot girl in the passenger seat smiling at me as I toast him.:p

I've found I have the best time when I'm killing another Eurosport car
Nice Chicken.... very nice response. Kinda what im looking foward to.

Track times don't me chit to me personally. Impressed with the numbers people run but since mine is a street car I really dont care.

Nice Chicken.... very nice response. Kinda what im looking foward to.

Track times don't me chit to me personally. Impressed with the numbers people run but since mine is a street car I really dont care.

:biggrin:
I am actually looking forward to taking it to the track, but it won't happen till after the holidays.

4 inches of snow here:mad: Im looking foward to to seeing what kinda MPH I can run for sure in the spring.

Back