You can type here any text you want

Lower Alky, Increase Boost, Increase Timing?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jpratt

I just went out for a drive after installing PowerLogger and a WBO.

I am running VERY rich.
1st gear
Boost 20.9
AFR 7.41
MAF 256
Alky set at 6
TPS 4.32
IPW 15.38
KNR 0
Spark 22.9

Increase timing would be my first thought or maybe increase boost?

Did not see type of chip in the sig.
TPS is a little low for WOT..are you sure you are getting the pedal to the floor?

If it is a TT chip run the timing up 4-5 numbers and see what happens.

Just watch for KR

I always thought the TPS was good, now I know it is not, need to check on that.

Yes it is a TT chip 4-5 number you say. Sounds like a plan.

Not a full run. There is a short strip of road near by that I can get up to about 70 on safely before having to slow down.

Attachments

I am running VERY rich.
1st gear
Boost 20.9
AFR 7.41
MAF 256
Alky set at 6
TPS 4.32
IPW 15.38
KNR 0
Spark 22.9

that alky level is to high for that amount of boost i run 26 psi and 26/22 timing and my 02's are 814 in first and second and then 797 in third still rich and my knob is on 7 i think i need to start pulling fuel. you on the other hand need to up timing or boost because you are only 3 to 4 psi higher than what you run on pump gas. also you need to be around 4.75 to 4.80 on your tps

I am running VERY rich.
1st gear
Boost 20.9
AFR 7.41
MAF 256
Alky set at 6
TPS 4.32
IPW 15.38
KNR 0
Spark 22.9

I would First start to reduce fueling.. and work on getting your air fuel corrected. Once your tuned at 20 PSI and air fuel is in the mid 10's-11.0.. then work on adding timing and or boost as the power level increases. But if the car is way rich.. adding boost or timing will push out a HG.

Julio

I would First start to reduce fueling.. and work on getting your air fuel corrected. Once your tuned at 20 PSI and air fuel is in the mid 10's-11.0.. then work on adding timing and or boost as the power level increases. But if the car is way rich.. adding boost or timing will push out a HG.

Julio

Lower fuel with chip not FP reg correct?

wow you a/f on the WB is say 7.41 wow talk about rich. also what julio said i was running way rich i turned the timing up and blew a head gasket so be carefull and get the a/f under control.

So after looking further I found that I still has the boost harness hooked up to the engine for the Turbo Link.

In case you dont know the harness hooks up between the 3Bar MAP, TPS and a pigtail near the IAC. This harness is so the TurboLink Program can read boost.

I unplugged the harness and what do you know, the TPS signal leveled out.

Before doing this I lowered the boost and turned the Alky down to off just to make sure it wasn't the alky ripping up the TPS signal, it wasn't.

No time to increase the boost and turn the alky back on and then start over from the beginning again.

Attachments

i hate that turbo link cable boost harness deal. i think its messing with my brothers car. its throws the IAT crazy

Your wideband is not working. Get that fixed first so you can get some decent readings.

My first priority was to get the WBO talking to the PL, then found the TPS problem.. Not enough hours in the day. I am going to try and get a few 'pulls' tomorrow after I get the sensor recalibrated.

How do you have the Translator knobs and switches set up? Do you have the fuel pressure at about 43psi line off?

Back