You can type here any text you want

Lowering options

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nero

What are my options? If you have pix with your setup, please post. I have Savitske Classic & Custom 's taller ball joints. I'm wondering if I should do the springs and shocks thing (but what springs should I go with as I've been reading some bad reviews for Eibach in recent posts found by searching) or if I should do coilovers for the fronts and some other springs for the rear? Any advice or pix? I don't think I'd notice a "stiff" ride as my ride quality sucks now with all 20 year old parts except for the cargo springs in the rear...

thanks in advance

Just go to the parts store and get a set of MOOG 5658 springs for $60 and be done with the front end! That with you ball joints will gide you close to 2".

Just go to the parts store and get a set of MOOG 5658 springs for $60 and be done with the front end! That with you ball joints will gide you close to 2".

What parts store did you use? Carquest here wants $82.00 for them. I found a "Duralast" brand with the 5658 part number at Autozone for $59.00, but I am not sure if they are Moogs are not.

Rock Auto has Moog 5658s with shipping for $64.72, so I will probably just go with them.

Rob

Well, I went to Orielly's and got the springs for $63!!!! Probably your best bet!! These springs are all made by 4 major companies and then dispersed from there! Hope that helps! nice chatting with you the other day on the phone! -----Jeremy

how is the spring rate/stiffness, comparable with the stock springs or the eibachs, with these moog springs, are more of a cornering spring or a drag launch spring?

I've been asking around lately but still can't get a 100% answer, do you need upper and lower HOWE ball joints to get the lowering affect or will the lower ball joint alone drop the front end?

And as sdteb asked are there any good rear springs for an inch or so lower. Eibach pro costs a ton and advertises .8in drop in the rear. :rolleyes:

If you cannot find a supportng vendor/supplier that has the tall balls, talk to Marcus Savitske at Savitske Classic & Custom, and I think that you will need upper & lower balls to reduce your front height about 1". HTH
Can't say about the springs.

You only need the lowers to accomplish the drop...........but, I think you may need to do the uppers to help keep the geometry correct. I would just call Mark on that one. Ive seen it done either way. If you think about it, the taller BJ is raising the spindle, thus accomplishing the drop. I am using the ATS spinldes which are taller and accomplish the drop as well as the improved geometery, while utilizing stock BJ's.

As far as a good rear spring that will lower the car, I dont know of the number but ther is a spring that will lower the car. i am going to try to look it up right now. I'll keep you all updated.

Hm... even with the Moog springs it seems some people ended up unhappy because their stock springs were already sagging lower than these "lowering" springs.

I guess I will try 5658 and 5401.

I don't know if this is going to be of much use to you because i have a monte, but here's my car with hotchkis all around and bmr tubular upper and lower a-arms. As you can see, the front is much lower than the back. I like my drop in the front. With my calibrated finger, in the front i have no finger gap. In the rear, i have about a 3 finger gap. I think the front is lower due to the a-arms.

I have been following this thread because i want to know which rear spring i can try to use to bring the back down. I also want to put air bags in the springs. Any suggestions?

1413023079_l.jpg

I have Eibach Pro Kit. I really like it. my car rides great. Its a tad stiff but It handles well even with skinnys and no sway bar up front. I do have a HR Parts rear anti roll bar which helps, and I use Competition Eng adjustable shocks. 90/10 up front and 50/50 rear. It dropped mine about a 1 1/2. Good set up IMO.

Jason

Attachments

• Jason'sHotrod002.jpg
    Jason'sHotrod002.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 594
  • Jason'sHotrod010.jpg
    Jason'sHotrod010.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 599
just heat them up with a torch BUT ya need someone watching the car so they can yell when it sags down to the height ya want .. FREE ;)

I have Eibach Pro Kit. I really like it. my car rides great. Its a tad stiff but It handles well even with skinnys and no sway bar up front. I do have a HR Parts rear anti roll bar which helps, and I use Competition Eng adjustable shocks. 90/10 up front and 50/50 rear. It dropped mine about a 1 1/2. Good set up IMO.

Jason

what size wheels/tires in front/back ?

Front: 15x4 with 205/75/15
Rear: 15x8 with 275/60/15

I don't know if this is going to be of much use to you because i have a monte, but here's my car with hotchkis all around and bmr tubular upper and lower a-arms. As you can see, the front is much lower than the back. I like my drop in the front. With my calibrated finger, in the front i have no finger gap. In the rear, i have about a 3 finger gap. I think the front is lower due to the a-arms.

I have been following this thread because i want to know which rear spring i can try to use to bring the back down. I also want to put air bags in the springs. Any suggestions?

1413023079_l.jpg

Damn nice car dude! Looks identical to my old one except I ran Boyds Junkyard dogs in 18's! I had 2" belltech spindles and BellTech rears but it rode like crap. The rear sat perfect though. I would suggest trying to sell those Hotchkis springs and finding a set of BellTechs or Intrax rear springs. Otherwise, try the 5401 Moogs in the back!

Hm... even with the Moog springs it seems some people ended up unhappy because their stock springs were already sagging lower than these "lowering" springs.

I guess I will try 5658 and 5401.

Very true, if you read many peoples posts though, the 5658 spring is a little mushy at normal driving conditions, this tell me if they dont settle as low as I want them, they'll be perfect candidates to cut a little from. I have also read that some people that cut them wished they didnt once the car settled because it dropped too low. There is a picture of a light blue T with the Howes BJ's and the 5658 springs floating around. I'll try to drag it up so we can all acess it and see how low it actually goes. ------Jeremy

Back