Mega Squirt PNP release date announced

They have CAN listed on the PnP's feature list, so I'm guessing it's in the 18 pin aux block.

I think AmpEFI, Hoffman Engineering, and DiyAutotune are all the same outfit. Different Wordpress theme on the websites, same content. I think they're the same boxes with a different logo screen printed on the case.

They are.

EFI Source and DIY Auto are different.

Sorry. A 3+year-NEWB-learner question. Any of these new ECUs like this: are they targeted to hardcore racers only? I have a scan master in my car and I tune with that but as I continue to climb the mod & power ladder and dip deeper into the 11s with a goal of high 10s at some point (but only once to twice per year to the track), I can't help but think that having a way to truly tune this car, get it dyno tuned and becoming more proactive with it and all the safety nets this can add (boost limit, knock limit, etc.) HAS TO BE the way to go?!?!?!?!? Or do I just live with the scan master, the KR reading, the O2 reading, my manual boost adjuster and my Alky dial and pray? LOL.

This item is aimed squarely at you.

I don't know how they are offering a guaranteed delivery date to their customers when I spoke with AMP EFI/DIY AUTO this morning and they specifically warned me NOT to promise any specific delivery dates or to take the full payment amount from customers because they are not able to 100% promise the units will ALL be ready on Jan20th...

Although I am ALSO selling the MS3 Plug and Play kit for the Buick, except I am giving a $100 store credit to anyone who purchases the pre-sale setup, AND they get their name put in a random drawing for a chance to win a brand new DW300 340lph fuel pump.

https://turbobuick.com/threads/ms3-plug-and-play-units-pre-order-from-rps.455798/

I don't know how they are offering a guaranteed delivery date to their customers when I spoke with AMP EFI/DIY AUTO this morning and they specifically warned me NOT to promise any specific delivery dates or to take the full payment amount from customers because they are not able to 100% promise the units will ALL be ready on Jan20th...

Although I am ALSO selling the MS3 Plug and Play kit for the Buick, except I am giving a $100 store credit to anyone who purchases the pre-sale setup, AND they get their name put in a random drawing for a chance to win a brand new DW300 340lph fuel pump.

https://turbobuick.com/threads/ms3-plug-and-play-units-pre-order-from-rps.455798/
Where do you see them listing or saying a guaranteed delivery date?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Dropdown menu where you order it...

"Reserve Your MS3PNP ECU or Guarantee Delivery"

....carry on..
LOL...
Don't see any date there sir..

Guarantee ECU from first delivery of shipment..
ca8d62852a59187e4978af9364927ca8.jpg

Anyways glad to see this hit the market. Wonder who will be doing all the support for these items?

Will RSP be providing tech support and custom tune files for the units they sell?

Full throttle told me they would build a file and hope to share them etc. Haven't heard back on the tech support yet

Dunno. DIY Has always been very careful not to promise something and then not meet a deadline when I've spoken to them. Even when they spit out a date, it's qualified.

LOL...
Don't see any date there sir..

Guarantee ECU from first delivery of shipment..
ca8d62852a59187e4978af9364927ca8.jpg

I'm so happy that just about every post I make you are sure to pick it apart and be hyper-critical of it.

It is good to see people making sure vendors are held accountable. Thank you for keeping us honest.

It is nice to know that you have no qualms questioning or judging us (RPS) as a company while you try to make us look foolish by dissecting a minute detail of a post and making it appear as if we are inept, when in both instances in the last 24hrs that you have tried to do that, you have been shown you were wrong and/or questioned our wording/statements without actually taking a moment to look farther than the post in front of you.

I'm glad you are so encouraging of new vendors who are trying to bring new and unique products to the Buick community, which, let's face it, could use some new blood.

I mean you have been just so supportive and helpful of eveyrthing RPS is trying to do, and have not once come off like someone who is a passive aggressive keyboard ninja,because that would be silly and immature, and that just isn't you.

So thank you for your continued support and vote of confidence. We at RPS appreciate your genuine kindness and enthusiasm for our business.

We hope you have a wonderful New Year, and keep up your positive, CAN-DO attitude!

-The lovely folks at RPS.

LOL...

So Will RSP be providing tech support and custom tune files for the units they sell?

Anyways glad to see this hit the market. Wonder who will be doing all the support for these items?

Will RSP be providing tech support and custom tune files for the units they sell?

Full throttle told me they would build a file and hope to share them etc. Haven't heard back on the tech support yet

Please don't turn this into a pissing match. I only posted FullThrottle's page because I thought it was cool vendors were lining up and offering pre-orders already. RPS posted in their forum here just a few minutes after I got the email from FullThrottle.

I've been in contact with DIY for ten years (literally! I still have the email thread I had with Matt Cramer back in 2007) trying to get them to build this box. This thread is about the box. Making the box a success means DIY needs to sell a pile of them so they'll keep supporting it, and I need this box to be a success because I'm buying one. The more dealers on board, the better it is for everybody.

To speculate on answers to your questions, in my experience with AMP/DIY products, normally the dealer supports the end user and DIY will support the dealer.

DIY is advertising three tunes that are included in the unit. Anything beyond that is going to have to be a custom value-add.

This isn't an item somebody is going to 'phone in' a tune for unless their car matches the three tunes exactly. They canned tunes are going to be starting points. To get it right, everybody that buys one will need to get to a dyno and properly tune the car. It'll auto-tune the VE table to the AFR target table, but it can't figure out what AFR is optimal and timing can't be set properly without a dyno.

Please don't turn this into a pissing match. I only posted FullThrottle's page because I thought it was cool vendors were lining up and offering pre-orders already. RPS posted in their forum here just a few minutes after I got the email from FullThrottle.

I've been in contact with DIY for ten years (literally! I still have the email thread I had with Matt Cramer back in 2007) trying to get them to build this box. This thread is about the box. Making the box a success means DIY needs to sell a pile of them so they'll keep supporting it, and I need this box to be a success because I'm buying one. The more dealers on board, the better it is for everybody.

To speculate on answers to your questions, in my experience with AMP/DIY products, normally the dealer supports the end user and DIY will support the dealer.

DIY is advertising three tunes that are included in the unit. Anything beyond that is going to have to be a custom value-add.

This isn't an item somebody is going to 'phone in' a tune for unless their car matches the three tunes exactly. They canned tunes are going to be starting points. To get it right, everybody that buys one will need to get to a dyno and properly tune the car. It'll auto-tune the VE table to the AFR target table, but it can't figure out what AFR is optimal and timing can't be set properly without a dyno.

No pissing match.. I asked full throttle the same question. Seems fullthrottle says you can phone in and get a map file that will fit our needs and not just get a base file sent to you. ..they will also cover the tech support etc.

You can see my question on their Facebook page under there pre order ad.

Jusy trying to see what vendors will do what with the said system. Doesn't matter if it's a MS3,XFI,HALTECH you want good support.

Also we need good dealers that work well with the unit and DYI so DYI wants to continue to support and update the unit.

I'm glad the system is coming out thats for sure..

Last edited:
Matt from DIYAutoTune (and Hoffmann Innovations, and AMP EFI...) here. I saw a lot of questions about the system here and wanted to clear a few things up about the system.

Does it come with a wideband sensor like the FAST Sportsman or is that additional?

A wideband O2 sensor setup would be a an extra cost option. You would use an external controller with it - it works with most aftermarket brands.

I don't think the plug and play box offered is the EVO or the Ultimate setup.

The MSPNPs use a modular design with a core MS3Pro Module on a carrier board designed for the specific model. So it's not the same board as the EVO or the Ultimate, but the amount of standard I/O is similar to the EVO, only with peak and hold injector drivers. If you need more I/O, you can add extra devices over CAN.

I think AmpEFI, Hoffman Engineering, and DiyAutotune are all the same outfit. Different Wordpress theme on the websites, same content. I think they're the same boxes with a different logo screen printed on the case.

Hoffmann Innovations is the parent company. DIYAutoTune is the website we've used for most of our business. AMP EFI is a new name - kind of like Lexus to DIYAutoTune's Toyota - for our more plug and play or more polished wire-in systems. We had a lot of customers worried that the name DIYAutoTune meant they'd have to do a lot more work than what the product required.

Matt from DIYAutoTune (and Hoffmann Innovations, and AMP EFI...) here. I saw a lot of questions about the system here and wanted to clear a few things up about the system.

Thank you! It's always good to get information directly from the horse's mouth.

If your concerned about support, I haven't had a lot of experience with DIY, but so far it have been good. I sent Matt Cramer an email on 2/16/17 about status of this box & I got a response back on that email & 8/10/17 when they announced a possible release date he included me on the email. Another instance I was at PRI this year & I had my GN shirt on & wondering around their booth, just making sure they didn't have a demo unit. I could see they wee busy & didn't talk to anyone, so I left. I made it 50' away from their stand & Matt Cramer chased me down asking if I had questions about the unit.

If you guys yearn for info on what it can to, start reading their manuals, they are very in depth.
http://www.megasquirtpnp.com/docs/mspnp_gP_genInstall.php?isModel=2
http://www.msextra.com/manuals/ms3manuals/
"MS3base/V3.0 Hardware manual"(222pg) & "MS3X/V3.0 Hardware manual"(240pg) If your wondering how to interface non-PnP type sensors.
"Megasquirt-3 TunerStudio Reference manual"(351pg) This is the software you will be using to tune with.

http://tunerstudio.com/index.php/manuals
This is the software that you use to create screens to log with & of course you can log with this software package, but the manual for this software is scarce. They do offer an Android version of their software for logging only.

A lot of this stuff above is for people that want to get your hands dirty & probably mess with your minds, but "Megasquirt-3 TunerStudio Reference manual" covers all the features that can be possible. Even if you don't want to go that deep, you at least know what is possible & can ask your tuner about the possibilities of using a certain feature.

Another note I didn't see on Full Throttles website, is you can hook up a blue tooth adapter to the serial port & record logs(higher speed logs are stored on the SD card in your PnP box). I was in the process of installing a MS3 on my car & had started testing the sensors on my car by myself, while under the car I was watching live data from the sensor as I was monkeying with it.

I did ask Matt if 1 of the 3 tunes was for a COP setup, but didn't sound like it, so I'll be betting some up on how to set this up, when the time comes.

Last edited:
This is an example of my 1st draft of what my Android tablet will possibly look like, if I can get it to work. I am in the process of making a bracket to mount the tablet above the AC controls console. Currently I have purchased MS3, EGT-can & Micro Squirt. The MS3 will be swapped out for the PnP unit, because I don't like the mess under the passenger's seat. EGT-can adds 8 EGTs via can network. Micro Squirt I'm using for the traction control & to add a bunch of extra analog inputs for turbo back pressure, IC inlet pressure, trans temp, flex sensor & other things I have rolling around in my head for possible features. Micro Squirt is can bus to the PnP too.

You can develop 3 screens for landscape & 3 for portrait position & you swipe between the 3 screens to see another set of gauges.
portrait2.png

My friends 91 GT turbo has a MS PNP on it but it is the MS2. Lot of figuring it out on our own. The base tune for 5.0 didn't work great as some stuff was wonky like accel enrichment and idle and timing map was a lil lacking. DIY helped him some and offered tips and suggestions. Once you get used to it it's a great system.
Just curious why the MS2 wasn't offered as a GN PNP?
Not knocking system as I like it and when I buy the GT Turbo it's getting a 4R70W and Microsquirt trans controller