Moroso June 7

The IS-300 I'm guessing is a single turbo 2jz-gte conversion that was built by Toyomoto in Miami??? Also, what color is the IS-300? If it's making 600rwhp that's great, but if those cars are anything like the Supras they can't launch for **** which means the 60' times are usually around a 2.0 which = great mph but the E/T is nothing impressive. Not too long ago I saw a single turbo Supra run 11.20's @144mph, so yes they like going from a roll cause it's to their advantage much like a ricer! I guess the dually guy only likes racing when he knows that he'll win for sure, so he'll probably pass Alex up. Nothing but a ricer with a tow truck:eek:

LMAO...

so anyway...who is going to la carreta this thursday?

I want ya'll to look at my turbolink and help me tune.

I run 24 psi and 93 in everyday trim. :D

I hear where your comming from though LAZ.
I like racing for fun. No sense in getting all upset over our hobby.

Originally posted by blackshoebox

How bad did this truck pull Roy's beater? 1 car or two cars??

Alex

I think two cars. Laz, you were in the car with Roy in that race right? Maybe you can tell us. These guy's want to know.

I have to agree that rolling is for ricers though. :eek:

Jorge

Originally posted by BLACK6PACK

I hear where your comming from though LAZ.
I like racing for fun. No sense in getting all upset over our hobby.

I agree, but please tell me whats the point of racing from a roll and having to limit on the boost/tune etc...So what if this guy can pull a buick in street trim, I know when i go out to race somebody who came to me looking to race, I usually will go all out(Kill mode):D

Regardless, I think the race is joke, along with the whole idea of trying to make a 7000 pound truck fast, buts thats just me. Different strokes for different fokes.

Alex

I agree with you two also. Seems like this guy wants to set everything up so that he has a chance. Without limiting our cars 5 different ways, he has no chance. BUT... if the guy still got beat and said "hey at least I tried" then I have no problem with it. What pisses me off is when you go back after the race and the guy is pissed off saying "hey you cheated, your running alky, and you jumped me and your car doesn't weigh 7000 lbs and and and."

I love racing, and have fun with the smack talk, its the people that take it way too serious that take the fun out of it. If I win a race, I will probably talk a little smack, but then I will head over to the other guys car to see if I can help him make it run a little better. More often then not, after I'm done helping someone out it runs slower. ;)

I don't even like all this street trim / race trim talk. (Brad knows what I mean).

Racing at the track is a great hobby...but what do you have when we are at the stoplight?

If we pulled up together at a stoplight, and we are gonna go, should I wait for you to change your tires, chip, and gas?

Yeah, your car hooks up great with those drag radials...but can you catch me in the rain?

Yeah, your car lauches great with those wheels and airbag, but can you catch me in the turns?

Yeah, your car runs great on 116, but can you get 116 on every street corner?

Yeah, your car is fast with that wild cam, big turbo, race chip and 4000 stall convert, but do you drive it to work EVERYDAY?

The more I think about it, Laz's friend is right. He wants to race a real "car"...not some poseur...;)

I still don't like that "from a roll crap"...LMAO...

Hey,
I resemble that remark. Well, actually I run on the street what I run at the track. I will have slicks soon, because its worthless for me to take it to the track now. No matter what setup I had, the nittos were just going up in smoke. This is what I have been working on though, trying to tune my street setup at the track. 24-25 lbs of boost, 93 octane, 24* timing and very little knock makes for a fun and somewhat scary street car!

The reason we run from a roll is that starting a race jetting the jump is a pain from a roll there`s no advantage to either party. I personaly love runing from a roll and would never back down even from a faster car but you can buy good tire`s for a car tell jeg`s you need 285/75/16 lt et streets it`s not happening so you have an advantage in tires and traction. I will moderate the race so it`s fair ! btw Roy`s beater has champion heads,te-60 turbo,9 inch lock-up conv.,313 atr cam,streched intercooler,dot tires! That about the same stuff you have Alex. To 86 brick why you gotta be a hater a 6 cylinder making 600 to the wheels with an automatic trans. is impresive even if it`s an import the engine is stock untouched. How much have you put down ?

Laz,
Has this guy ran is truck at the track? I was up at moroso a couple of months ago and they had some diesel truck club up there. They were all putting up some pretty good numbers. I think the slowest was 13.9+ at around 100. The fastest was around 12.9. Thats moving for a truck that weighs 2x what my car weighs with me in it.

Laz, I'm not hating on the IS-300 at all and like I said 600rwhp is great, but the fact of the matter is running those cars down the 1/4 mile is a different story as I've witnessed on several occasions. Most of the Supra guys are like the Viper and Vette guys.......... Dyno Queens and sure it's great that they make all that power, but most of them can't seem to put all that power to the ground with that IRS thus they like running from a roll. BTW, I know plenty about imports (especially toyotas and the inline-6 2JZ-GTE motor) I know all about how the factory short block can handle tons of power (I've seen guys dyno over 700rwhp with the stock bottom end with the stock heads with a single turbo 2JZ-GTE motor), but this means nothing to me cause much like I'm sure you already know those cars cost a LOT of $$$ to build!!! A single turbo kit for a 2jz-gte motor is usually about $5k, fuel system is another $2k, and God forbid the stock auto tranny goes and your looking at $4k, and all the BPUs will cost you about $3k so this is why they don't appeal to me........... Too ****ing expensive cause by the time you do a single turbo kit with a fuel system with all the BPUs you're easily looking at $15k and if the stock tranny goes which it probably will at that power level you're looking at another $4k, so now the price is all most $20k for that price I could have a built Stage II motor and be running in the 9's with my GN. So is 600rwhp with an auto trans with a stock untouched motor impressive? Yes, but for what it costs to make all that power it's really NOT IMO!!! It's much easier with these cars and as far as my numbers my car runs low 12's with a 44 turbo with a stock d5 converter, IC, TB, and motor and should run high 11's with some slicks. I haven't dynoed my car yet, but I'm sure it'll make about 400hp to the rear wheels the way it sits.

There was a yellow IS 300 with a turbo at the midnight madness at moroso. It looked pretty good. He was trapping around 115. To bad he stuck it through the wall in his last run of the night!!!

Yeah and I'd hate to see how much money he spent to run 115mph with a IS-300:eek: There are guys on this forum that have run over 115mph with a stock long block and a little turbo like UNGN who's run 118mph with a little TA49 and the only thing that's been changed with the motor is the valve springs!!!:D Maybe, if the IS-300 was turboed from the factory like it's brother in Japan (the Altezza) it would be worth messing with, but after I did research on how much you have to spend to single turbo an IS-300 or MKIV ('93.5 - '98) twin turbo Supra with the single turbo kit, the fuel system, a FM IC, and all the BPUs and then there's the tranny which will be the weak link once you do all that stuff it gets real expensive real quick!!! By the time your done you'll be lucky to run in the 10's with the stock IRS cause it takes one helluva driver to get one of those cars to launch, so then you have to spend more $$$ to mod the suspension and before you know it you'll have well over $20,000 into one of those cars. If you're interested in racing from a roll on the highway and you can afford the high price to mod an IS-300 or turbo Supra be my guessed........... it just doesn't float my boat:D So Laz what color is the IS-300 and was it built by Toyomoto in Miami??? If it's a secret I understand ;)

Bottom line...

I read this whole retarded thread and notcied a few things...

First off this comment made by Laz,
"he wanted to race you for 1000 dollars i told your dad and you guys said no"

Anyone in a 7000 pound truck wanting to run a 11 second buick for a 1000, must have something to hide to be so confident. So, since i have a lot of friends in the street racing community locally, i made a few calls, and know exactly what the truck runs. Anyone besides Laz can email me for the info. The truck is impressive, but what is even more impressive is the smoke screen, Laz, someone who has been around some very shady characters in the street racing scheme, has tried to put infront of everyone's face. Everyone can notice, there is no mention of what the truck runs or has in it, yet laz knows just about everything about each of our cars!:eek:

So here is the bottom line on the race Laz, me vs the truck heads up from a roll(30/40 to 120). I will not lift my hood, and not disclose what boost, or tune i will be on, just as your friend in his truck will not have to tell me anything(i know everything anyway). ;) Race simply for fun, since i don't trust you as far as i can throw you(which isnt far) and would not trust any car or truck that you have touched for that matter to be slow or even remain the way it is right now, if i were to put a substantial amount of money on the race.

Racing to me is a competition, i have fun doing it, but do not like losing. Im sure everyone on here knows, street racing is a dirty, secretive sport. Anything can be fast with enough money and effort, so enough crap about how the truck weighs alot, etc...if the guys wants to race, he should be man enough to race heads up and stop looking for hand outs. Im already giving away the biggest advantage of our cars.(the launch.)

End of story.

Alex

Lets be honest..... That's spelled H-O-N-E-S-T!

You said it all Alex! Laz seems to think you and I and everybody else is stupid and he thinks we buy all this BS about the dually towing him to the track, and it weighs 3 and half tons, blah, blah, blah...... The bottom line is anything can be made fast with enough time and money cause not too long ago I saw a Dodge Caravan that was running 11's :eek: If it's for fun why isn't he willing to race Alex from a stop and then you can race from a roll or vice versa???:confused: If he doesn't want to race from a stop and he wants to make all the rules he obviously has something to prove and something to lose cause otherwise he'd have no problem racing heads up for fun without any of his little stipulations and rules. Also, why does he want to take a look at Alex's car if it's for fun??? :rolleyes: Just seems like there's more to the story than you're willing to tell which doesn't surprise me a bit cause that's street racing! This thread has gotten real deep real quick and pretty soon I'll need some boots and a shovel to get out of all this BS;) LOL

It looks like the weather may not let this thing happen atleast not sat. The IS-300 is black it was featured in Turbo mag. Brad the trucks fastest pass down the track was 13.90s but you did not see it because it was at a private track rental. There is a white dually built by the same people that ran 12.90s thats the one you saw. I am not trying to hide anything my friend is cocky and told me on a whim ask that guy to race i got a grand to bet . I want to see a race and you guys are getting out of hand ,this for fun maybe a few bucks . You are right Alex i never said run only this boost or that gas but if you run your car on kill there really no point of racing this truck is not that fast . I know of a 4/4 2500 truck that flyies that would have to be a 1/4 race because its set to do so but that out of your leaque (5000.00 and up a race) . I did not call you out Alex i posted what happend that night maybe some would race you agreed to . I got a supra that wants a race also it can`t launch but will run 1/4 mile race anyway any takers. Think about this is what you want a race out of the hole. Laz BTW street racing is always been shaddy

Whats the deal.

Are we going to get this sh!t started or what! Laz has wasted more posts on this thread in a week than his total amount for a year! Look at that, he was up till 1 in the morning last night!

I see this going no where so get from behind the computer and lets see some action.

Brad, Alex, anybody? Both of you guy's have nothing to worry about here IMO (if infact your in full race trim)so cut the crap and get this thing going.

I would, but my car is SLOW. I talked to Alex and he said he would be at the towers on Friday. As Laz said, the weather is not looking promising.

Originally posted by laz
I got a supra that wants a race also it can`t launch but will run 1/4 mile race anyway any takers. Think about this is what you want a race out of the hole. Laz BTW street racing is always been shaddy

I am not sure what you mean by ANY takers. If we can work out some detail$, I can probably help him find a race.