motion 86 GN?? wow

i think it would look alot better with the airdams on it

but did anyone else notice anything about it that would be an actual relation to the motion cars? didnt they label them somehow?

Originally posted by FlyinGN
anyone know about this? Is it real or the figment of someones imagination?? Looks like a nice car..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6137&item=2443595720

i would say figment of someones imagination..

well, actually the more i think about it, it could be real, because it never says WHEN all this was done. if it said it was done back in '86n i wouldnt have believed it because they didnt know what the GNX suspension would be like, and no one surely made a reproduction GNX suspension...

but, then that WHEN factor comes into play, it could have had all this stuff done a year ago, it could have gootten the GNX suspension from Kirbans.. a lot of people here are making GNX gauge clusters, so he could have made his own or bought one off ebay.

so maybe this Motion place is just a custom shop that did the work to the car...

dont know though, just my thoughts... and it looks like astroroof not T-tops to me...

Baldwin Chev and Motion Performance (Joel Rosen) was the Callaway or Lingenfeller of the of the 60's and 70's They did not build Buicks. But they were a performance shop. You can bring your stock Vette to Callaway for a tuneup and brake job. But this doesn't make it a Callaway Vette. Before Joel went out of business he was working on all cars even mounting snow tires for customers to stay alive. Joel sold little dash plaques that you can stick on your car for $10 This looks like a nice car but the reference to Motion is misleading.

I gotta get one of those Big Daddy Turbos :rolleyes: Is that bigger than a 60 series? :confused:

Looks like a t-top to me, and the motor compartment has been sprayed with wd-40 or something similiar to enhance its appearance. Hard to tell what the motor looks like without the overgloss/shine. Heater core disconnected, bring your own space heater/Coleman camper heater for wintertime. I would be curious if the underneath actually has all of the GNX suspension components, too. And I am not sure whether I like the trunk treatment or not, but so far I do not find it unattractrive yet. I did not know that Motion Performance put out any type of series on these cars. my guess would be that they would work on anything if you brought them money. Thery did do some killer Camaros & Novas though.

Before Joel went out of business he was working on all cars even mounting snow tires for customers to stay alive.

Where did you hear that?

Anyway........
Have any of you guys seen the 87 aero Monte carlo ss Joel did?
Motion installed a 350 and modified the car with a B&M Supercharger, Ranchero suspension,16 inch wheels, Motion fiberglass body parts, ect. Also had a Nitrous Oxide system.

How about the burgandy 1989 Mustang GT convertible?
Or the 87 yellow Iroc?
Or the 87 Supercharged Trans am?

Joel used the mustang and the monte to showcase the Motion catalog fiberglass parts biz.

So,.........I don't know if it's real maybe motion had done some body kit stuff to it.Look at the trunk spoiler.I have never seen anything like that.Maybe that is what he means by saying it's a motion car.Plus it doesn't say when the work was done.Could have been in 88 or 89.
GNX pieces were available then,right?
I don't claim to be a Motion expert.I have just tried to collect as much info on motion cars as I could over the years.I always wanted a 69 phase III camaro.Can't touch them now since rich collectors put them out of any working mans price range.

ohhhhh, i see, i was looking at the picture that was in the second to last row in the middle, and it thought that was the roof or something with like the astro roof.. but i see now, its a messed up deck lid... weird,,

my best guess is .. This is a Rosen body add on kit (on th etrunk) and the rest of the car is just a regular 86 GN. THis guys is claiming a Motion because of the trunk kit but Motion never did anything to this car. Just a guess but Ill bet im right:)

""Baldwin Chev and Motion Performance (Joel Rosen) was the Callaway or Lingenfeller of the of the 60's and 70's They did not build Buicks. But they were a performance shop. You can bring your stock Vette to Callaway for a tuneup and brake job. But this doesn't make it a Callaway Vette. Before Joel went out of business he was working on all cars even mounting snow tires for customers to stay alive.""

Mr Rosen is still in business. He's down in Florida now and just recently I bought some traction bars for my Turbo Vega project. He took all his inventory with him and still has stuff for sale.:D

Look at the D/S valve cover....no cap on the oil fill tube. That's nice, all that tires slick he sprayed on the engine bay prolly dripped down into the oil. Seats are torn, looks like a polished turd to me.

"This is a Baldwin Motion car, known to be one of only a few made." Hmmmm........So rare the price is up to a whopping $7150!!! Wow!!!!;)

Originally posted by LC2

<snip>

Could have been in 88 or 89.
GNX pieces were available then,right?

<snip>

No, not really. Unless you found a wrecked one and pulled the suspension pieces off. GNX suspension parts (aftermarket) have only become available from Kirbin with the last 24 months or so.

TurboDave

Are you saying they only made enough parts for the amount of GNX's that were to be made?

Can that be true??????????????

I'm gonna go find someone in the local KC phonebook with the last name of "Yenko," and then I'm gonna have him sign the dash, order me up a few Yenko emblems, and voila!

"You are looking at an incredibly rare 1 of 1 Yenko Grand National. It's got a Big Daddy turbo, Mega Momma air filter, Tyrannosaurus Trunk lid, Sister Christian floor mats, and best of all, Bad Bubba Brown glassPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKS! Woot wooooooot!!!!!!!" :rolleyes:

Whatever. I have to say, though, I'm diggin' on that trunk lid. Maybe I'll email him and ask him for the lid so he can then accurately sell the car as just a regular GN. ;)

Re: TurboDave

Originally posted by LC2
Are you saying they only made enough parts for the amount of GNX's that were to be made?

Can that be true??????????????

There were some spares made of GNX parts to service repair needs. But like most/all GNX parts, you had to provide irrifutable proof of GNX ownership to even buy them.

No longer available of course (except for the rear suspension knock offs that Kirbin is making).

please notice

the rust under the driver side door,no way in hell this car has zero miles. i give him 5k for it and not a penny more. :)