My first 9 second pass

TURBOTIMMER

I ran my new personal best in my Limited at the Nats on Friday. Went 10.10 at 135 early in the day. 60 ft was a 1.62, and I always leave on the footbrake and run MT drag radials. Later in the day, a couple of us managed to sneak into the staging lanes between the heads up qualifying rounds. Car went 9.90 at 136.95 with a 1.51 60ft.
I knew before I got my slip that it was a good run. Left hard and went straight as an arrow. I wasn't expecting to see a 9 anything, so I was smiling ear to ear when I got my slip.
I need to give a big thanks to Clint (Sydwyndr) for all the tuning help, the advice he's given me over the past couple of years, and for talking me into sneaking into the staging lanes late Friday. He's always had faith in the car, even when I didn't. I also wanna thank Cal Hartline and Brian Lorenz for getting my XFI dialed in at Buschur's (last year).
Thanks to Vince Janis for building me a bad ass 200r4 and Dusty for the PTC converter.
And last but not least, god bless my wife and kids who I drag with me to every Buick event I've attended. This was a slow process, as I really only get to race the car in Bowling Green and Norwalk since the car has no cage.
The best thing is, I aired up the drag radials and drove it to work yesterday.

Awesome job Tim!! Congratulations!! I was so happy to hear this news this past weekend!! I know how tough it is to run numbers like that and how hard you have worked to achieve this goal! Tim's car fully lives up to the meaning of "Going Fast with Class"!

Full weight, beautiful stock looking car, A/C, 200 Janis trans and it runs in the 9's!! It doesn't get any better than that!! I'm glad Cal and I could help be a part of achieving your ultimate goal!! Again Congratulations on this achievement!!

Awesome job!! I know the feeling all so well. Might not mean much to some people, but it feels like you won the lottery. Congratulations on a well deserved victory. Keep it up.

I ran my new personal best in my Limited at the Nats on Friday. Went 10.10 at 135 early in the day. 60 ft was a 1.62, and I always leave on the footbrake and run MT drag radials. Later in the day, a couple of us managed to sneak into the staging lanes between the heads up qualifying rounds. Car went 9.90 at 136.95 with a 1.51 60ft.
I knew before I got my slip that it was a good run. Left hard and went straight as an arrow. I wasn't expecting to see a 9 anything, so I was smiling ear to ear when I got my slip.
I need to give a big thanks to Clint (Sydwyndr) for all the tuning help, the advice he's given me over the past couple of years, and for talking me into sneaking into the staging lanes late Friday. He's always had faith in the car, even when I didn't. I also wanna thank Cal Hartline and Brian Lorenz for getting my XFI dialed in at Buschur's (last year).
Thanks to Vince Janis for building me a bad ass 200r4 and Dusty for the PTC converter.
And last but not least, god bless my wife and kids who I drag with me to every Buick event I've attended. This was a slow process, as I really only get to race the car in Bowling Green and Norwalk since the car has no cage.

I meant to find you on Friday night or Saturday morning to see if you managed to get a pass in. Congrats! I was the other frustrated turbo Regal guy in the blue T...we were plotting on sneaking in if they didn't let us. Good to hear to got a 9 second pass in!

Kelly

Here is the Video....

Tim it was good to meet you with the other Rosey Limited , I love your Rosey and it runs bad to the bone , I was watching your 9 sec run knowing it was your best run for the event , see ya next year , congradulations

Thanks for all the kind words, guys. And no, 8s are definitely not in the plans for this car. I'm gonna take Clint's advice and turn it down. I have another car that will hopefully be ready for next year for some heads up class racing.

I meant to find you on Friday night or Saturday morning to see if you managed to get a pass in. Congrats! I was the other frustrated turbo Regal guy in the blue T...we were plotting on sneaking in if they didn't let us. Good to hear to got a 9 second pass in!

Kelly

Kelly, it was nice to meet you. Yeah, when the track official paired you up with the THS car, my heart sank. I figured I was out for sure. I'm glad I stuck it out. Good luck with your car. You're definitely on the right path.

Kelly, it was nice to meet you. Yeah, when the track official paired you up with the THS car, my heart sank. I figured I was out for sure. I'm glad I stuck it out. Good luck with your car. You're definitely on the right path.

It was nice to meet you, too, and I'm glad I can put a face to the forum name. I hope to see you around at more events. That totally caught me off guard, and I didn't even realize THS was running 1/8th mile, so that bummed me out. I was hoping we could line up our cars after the two V8 cars ran. Thank you for the words of encouragement, and I hope you get to take the 9 second car out around town and go beat up on some Mustangs!

I'm not hip to the heads up classes, maybe he just shut it down at 1/8th pass. i had boost spike, so I had to shut down about the same time.