My T vs 01 z28 with 150shot of n2o

Well at least I got some action today I spanked and 2003 LS1 SS today he had a bigger cam, ported heads, exhaust,decklid, bigger TB, 5 speed, and chip, but running street tires go figure :confused: , Me on 24psi pump gas and Razors alky, MT ET drags, 25* 1st and 2nd and 23* top of 3rd gear,T66, ported heads still kept the stock valves, trannie, stall etc etc, list goes on, 02's were in the low 800's top of 3rd no knock so car is tuned very very save, we lined up so i let him take the hit due to his street tires, I took off 1/2 sec later spinning the whole sixty mark getting on and off the throttle to make it hook, by the time we hit the sixty mark I had 3/4 cars on him and it went down hill from there, when we cross the 1/4 mile he looked very small in my rear view, had about 9 cars on him at the end, I'm running low 11's at 118 at the track, it was very fun nice guy came back and congratulated me on my win and said he had to get him a GN soon, after that the ricer that was talking smack with his gutted out Honda and a bigger motor swap about getting slicks and a 50 shot of NOS on his car to race me head up didn't want any with the National, :D , shut him up really quick, good thing he didn't race me because he would off lost his $500.00 he wanted to bet me.. cops came after that and racing was over went home and put evylene to sleep under the covers for the weekend. :)

...so i just started looking at these 90's early 00's camaro's and firebirds /trans am...im wondering now which motor and car is considered the best for performance?...

...the ss camaro z28 or the firebird trans am? or ?
...all of these cars look real similar i think the best the camaro has is the 5.8 and the firebird has a ws6 or ls6 or?

...whats up with these cars how are they for street racing etc?...thanks for info...noah.

I know the earlier LSx motors had a severe oil consumption problem. Get a later model if possible. Have some friends that with auto/3200 yank 'vertor and nitrous are in the low, low 11's. Considering that the track here on Oahu was terrible, I'd equate it to running the same on the street. The manuals are fun, but the auto's are very consistent, obviously. Try:
CamaroZ28.Com - FULL THROTTLE INTERNET
LS1TECH - LS1 Camaro, Corvette, Firebird, GTO, and Truck Tech!
etc to see how crazy those cars are. Last I heard 4 valve heads were out for them.
LS1TECH - LS7 build - with Arao 4 valve heads

...so i just started looking at these 90's early 00's camaro's and firebirds /trans am...im wondering now which motor and car is considered the best for performance?...

...the ss camaro z28 or the firebird trans am? or ?
...all of these cars look real similar i think the best the camaro has is the 5.8 and the firebird has a ws6 or ls6 or?

...whats up with these cars how are they for street racing etc?...thanks for info...noah.

96 back I think had the 5.7 LT1 350 c.i. up to 370 hp and 97 up had the 5.7LS1 all the way to give or take 340 hp to sell over sea's, They were more like 450 hp, 99-02 they all had the 5.7 and the best was most likely the WS6 and very close to it the Camaro SS hardtop, They make specials like the 02 Camaro SS GMMG and the WS6 Blackbird, Very fast maybe 11 sec.cars

fbodies=98-2002 had ls1's,93-97 had lt1's
vette's 97-?had ls1's then went to the ls2's somewhere i think in 03
i have a 2000 ws6 that went 12.97@110 all stock.i have had it since new and has never ever given me one single problem,but i never beat the **** out of it either,aslo gets 28mpg running 80mph in 6th gear.the 12.97 was in cool weather and was a one time thing,it averaged 13.0-13.1@110 allt he time.it has had a total of maybe 6 passes on it and thats when i first got it,has not been to the track in 6 years.the weakest link is the rearend its a 7.5

96 back I think had the 5.7 LT1 350 c.i. up to 370 hp and 97 up had the 5.7LS1 all the way to give or take 340 hp to sell over sea's, They were more like 450 hp, 99-02 they all had the 5.7 and the best was most likely the WS6 and very close to it the Camaro SS hardtop, They make specials like the 02 Camaro SS GMMG and the WS6 Blackbird, Very fast maybe 11 sec.cars

Have you fell off your rocker? ... J/K

F-Body History

The LT1 was introduced in the '93 Camaro/Firebird/transam... and made 275 HP. They kept the LT1 until 97 in the F-Bodies. The power level was unchanged until '96 where they were 285 HP.

The LS1 engines cam in '98 in the F-Bodies and were rated at 305 HP. In '00 they changed the rating to 320 HP. In '01/'02 they were rated at 325 HP.

I saw one article on a stock LS1 F-Body that ran like 12.85 in the quarter.... he might have had sticky tires.....most were low 13 sec cars... stock...

Most LT1 F-bodies were mid-high 13 sec cars stock... with a few in the low low 14's....

Have you fell off your rocker? ... J/K

F-Body History

The LT1 was introduced in the '93 Camaro/Firebird/transam... and made 275 HP. They kept the LT1 until 97 in the F-Bodies. The power level was unchanged until '96 where they were 285 HP.

The LS1 engines cam in '98 in the F-Bodies and were rated at 305 HP. In '00 they changed the rating to 320 HP. In '01/'02 they were rated at 325 HP.

I saw one article on a stock LS1 F-Body that ran like 12.85 in the quarter.... he might have had sticky tires.....most were low 13 sec cars... stock...

Most LT1 F-bodies were mid-high 13 sec cars stock... with a few in the low low 14's....

No the LT1 was introduced in the 1970 Camaro's and Vette's, I raced one from 1970-1973 in HHRA Super Stock it was rated at 370 hp stock, 375 for the Vette, That is why I put the 370 hp in the line up, The second-generation Chevrolet Small-Block engine, which uses the LT prefix, was introduced in 1992.
A special DOHC engine, the LT5, also used this prefix.

The LT's was replaced with the all-aluminum GM LS engine family in 1997 (in the Chevrolet Corvette), and 1998 (in the Chevrolet Camaro and the Pontiac Firebird Trans Am and Formula models). 2005 they went to the LS2

97 LT-1 in WS6 was 305 HP from the factory due to the ram air hood, my son has one. It runs 13.6@101.5 1.92 60 ft. stock.

Jim

No the LT1 was introduced in the 1970 Camaro's and Vette's, I raced one from 1970-1973 in HHRA Super Stock it was rated at 370 hp stock, 375 for the Vette, That is why I put the 370 hp in the line up, The second-generation Chevrolet Small-Block engine, which uses the LT prefix, was introduced in 1992.
A special DOHC engine, the LT5, also used this prefix.

The LT's was replaced with the all-aluminum GM LS engine family in 1997 (in the Chevrolet Corvette), and 1998 (in the Chevrolet Camaro and the Pontiac Firebird Trans Am and Formula models). 2005 they went to the LS2

I think they changed the way they label it... the old ones were LT-1 .... not LT1... or vise-versa....anyway... I said that because you were referring to 96 models and down?

Double-L said:
96 back I think had the 5.7 LT1 350 c.i. up to 370 hp

Don't forget the LT4 either... 330 HP vette in '96

Sorry if I came across as an @ss .... I just thought you were referring to Gen II engines and newer....

Either way, they all get their a$$es kicked by the LC2 all day long, and twice on sundays. LS this, and LS that. That's fine. But when you're driving a grand national, and noone will race you, then you know you're in a real car. :)

That's how I felt today, LOL! I'm out driving and this new red Mustang decides to come around me form behind, do a fly by, and I blip the throttle a bit from a 45mph roll to match his speed real quick as he's coming by. We get caught at a light, and suddenly he doesn't even want to look over at me. I rolled down the passenger side window and am staring over at him, and he's just looking straight ahead ignoring me. Punk!:rolleyes:

I agree. If he pulls the bottle then you have a chance... If he says he never installed the no2 kit in the first place, you better know where to look for that nozzle/nylon line in the air box...and the tank in the back side panels/fender/doors even...

Or in the front bumper cover like a certain ss camaro up here. He tries to play it off like the car is a cam only ls1, but we know better. That certain car runs low 10's at the track but thats with a big shot of spray. Be careful, and don't get hustled. He'll probably cry if you ask him to take out the bottle because he'll want to run power adder to power adder.

Or in the front bumper cover like a certain ss camaro up here. He tries to play it off like the car is a cam only ls1, but we know better. That certain car runs low 10's at the track but thats with a big shot of spray. Be careful, and don't get hustled. He'll probably cry if you ask him to take out the bottle because he'll want to run power adder to power adder.

yea i had that same story line gave to me by a mustang boy. take the turbo off and i will run you on motor. I told him yeah i take the waste gate rod off and run him if he will drop 2 cylinders.

needless to say onebad5.0 got his feelings hurt even with a 100 shot.

Well at least I got some action today I spanked and 2003 LS1 SS today he had a bigger cam, ported heads, exhaust,decklid, bigger TB, 5 speed, and chip, but running street tires go figure :confused: , Me on 24psi pump gas and Razors alky, MT ET drags, 25* 1st and 2nd and 23* top of 3rd gear,T66, ported heads still kept the stock valves, trannie, stall etc etc, list goes on, 02's were in the low 800's top of 3rd no knock so car is tuned very very save, we lined up so i let him take the hit due to his street tires, I took off 1/2 sec later spinning the whole sixty mark getting on and off the throttle to make it hook, by the time we hit the sixty mark I had 3/4 cars on him and it went down hill from there, when we cross the 1/4 mile he looked very small in my rear view, had about 9 cars on him at the end, I'm running low 11's at 118 at the track, it was very fun nice guy came back and congratulated me on my win and said he had to get him a GN soon, after that the ricer that was talking smack with his gutted out Honda and a bigger motor swap about getting slicks and a 50 shot of NOS on his car to race me head up didn't want any with the National, :D , shut him up really quick, good thing he didn't race me because he would off lost his $500.00 he wanted to bet me.. cops came after that and racing was over went home and put evylene to sleep under the covers for the weekend. :)

sounds like a good time. nice kill

Well at least I got some action today I spanked and 2003 LS1 SS today he had a bigger cam, ported heads, exhaust,decklid, bigger TB, 5 speed, and chip, but running street tires go figure :confused:

Sorry man, i don't want to bust your bubble, but the f-bodies were introduced only until 2002, also LS-1 Engines were a 6 speed, and last of all he had a decklid? hopefully other wise he wouldn't have a back on his car, do you mean an Air lid?
Also i believe that 97 for the F-bodies is a transition year were the LT1 or LS1 could be had, kinda like the 1999 year for GM pickups, New or old body styles with both the old Vortec and the new LS-series 5.3's.

,Dan

Ive driven my black GN 700 miles so far in the last week and have not had one encounter on the street. Not even a Mustang! Too bad, ive been waiting for a ZO6 or something worthwhile to run.

Ive driven my black GN 700 miles so far in the last week and have not had one encounter on the street. Not even a Mustang! Too bad, ive been waiting for a ZO6 or something worthwhile to run.

That's the way it works. :biggrin:
When your in someone else's car you'll see a good race or when in your daily driver one will pull right up next to you at a light. LOL it never fails ;)

That's the way it works. :biggrin:
When your in someone else's car you'll see a good race or when in your daily driver one will pull right up next to you at a light. LOL it never fails ;)

My daily driver is a Park Avenue. Every time one of these clowns is driving like a chooch trying to get in front i grin and wonder what they would do if i was driving one of my toys. Knowing they have no clue is not nearly as fun as whipping their a$$.