My T vs 01 z28 with 150shot of n2o

Holy cow!!! I can't stand it. Theres so many post and info in this thread that now I can't wait to see who wins tonight. :biggrin:

How cool is that that there are guys offering to swap out their tb's if they where within a decent driving distance. I wish there was a bad --s burgundy t type around where I live so I could see if they could lay the smack to a local jack--s that I've just started seeing on the highway once in awhile. theres some guy in a what looks like a brand new mercedes thats pulled up beside me a hand full of times and for no apperant reason will roll down his tinted window give me the finger then blow me a kiss and wave bye-bye then hammer it, and yes, it seems to be very very fast (at 60 mph he nails it and that thing is GONE!). I wouldn't even come close to taking him with no more mods than I've got, but I wouldn't want to race him anyway with his apperant mentality. If I ever see this guy stopped somewhere, I'll definetly stop and ask him what his problem is. somehow I don't think he'll be so cocky then.
sorry just had to vent. :(
Where do you live?

theres some guy in a what looks like a brand new mercedes thats pulled up beside me a hand full of times and for no apperant reason will roll down his tinted window give me the finger then blow me a kiss and wave bye-bye then hammer it, and yes, it seems to be very very fast (at 60 mph he nails it and that thing is GONE!).

What kind is it?

E63- AMG 465hp and 469 torque 1/4 12.7@113
CL63- AMG 518-hp and 465 torque
CL65- AMG 604hp and 738 torque twin-turbo V-12
S63- AMG 518hp and 465 torque 1/4 13.0@109
S65- AMG 604hp and 738 torque twin-turbo V-12

Fast and high $$$ MB's

What kind is it?

E63- AMG 465hp and 469 torque 1/4 12.7@113

S65- AMG 604hp and 738 torque twin-turbo V-12

I have had encounters with both of the MB's listed above, the E63 AMG was in my SRT-4 and the S65 AMG was with the Cutlass. Srt-4 race (60-135) was pretty close up to 110mph, then I began to creep out almost a car legth and ran to up 135mph. The Cutlass (in sig.) race, I was on 250 hp n2o shot that night and the race wasn't close (we ran from 55 to 130), That guy in the S65 was mad to say the least, after he ran his mouth in front of everyone at a local cruise in saying "this twin turbo is the fasted thing in the tristate." LMFAO . :biggrin:

tb3 said:
I wish there was a bad --s burgundy t type around where I live so I could see if they could lay the smack to a local jack--s that I've just started seeing on the highway once in awhile. theres some guy in a what looks like a brand new mercedes

Not to digress, but here is my brother's Burgundy T beating (barely) an E55 AMG. My brother has mostly minor mods.

Courtesy Neslon Febus:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujGTDQSHMRs[/YOUTUBE]

Jim

Since everyone is spitting out numbers, here's what my LS1 powered Formula ran when it was full of bolt on's & nitrous. My car was a full bolt on / suspension car on ET streets with a 6 speed.

11.05 @ 128 on a 1.6x short time & nitrous wasn't spraying until I was .02 out of the hole. My car was 360 rwhp stock internal with a 150 shot. If I would have had a track that could have held my car spraying out of the hole my 60' would have dropped significantly the car probably had 10.7x's in it as it sat, but I took it down to put a built motor in it before I found out what it could really do with the Stock motor / nitrous setup.

I've got a fairly built syclone & a built T-type, but $ for $ nothing I've ever had was as easy to get good ET's out of as the Formula is.

........11.05 @ 128 on a 1.6x short time & nitrous wasn't spraying until I was .02 out of the hole. ....... If I would have had a track that could have held my car spraying out of the hole my 60' would have dropped significantly

Do you mean some other increment of time..... .02 is before the car moves a foot.

Do you mean some other increment of time..... .02 is before the car moves a foot.

I think he means 2 tenths of a second (0.2 sec) out the N2O started to spray. We use timers on all of our nitrous cars, due to traction. Normally delayed 0.1 to 0.5 seconds pending on how good the track is that day.

Plain and simple You are going to lose, unless your running 11.5 and get a good 1.60 you will be seeing his taillights, you may get him out of the hole but pass the 1/8 he will blow by you like your standing still..

good luck.

Holy crap man. You're underestimating the LC2 a little bit dont ya think? I dont know about your guys' neighborhoods, but around here (TONS of ls1's)
they arent all that. sure it may have nitrous, but that dont mean crap.

Remember, you guys are all older, and very experienced in moddin cars, and racing them. but thats just a buick guy. thats how they are. your standards are a little higher than everyone elses. most other people out there arent this way. ive beat f bodies that should have won, because of all sorts of other problems. Theres things like lack of maintenance, good parts, but wrong combo, incorrect installs, vac leaks, heat soak from the morons goosin their cars alllll day long, cuz its their only ride, hittin the spray at the wrong time out of nervousness, miss shifts, bad gas, bad stretch of road and his tires didnt hook, not preheatin the tires, worn rear ends, brakes not being able to hold his launch rpms's, poor reaction time (very common) etc etc.

If your car is tuned, ya got your suspension down to a science, got good gas, good tires, and you know what your'e doin, it could be anyones race. It all depends. I've seen a lot of experienced racers go down to TR's due to not studying, or not payin attention.

Whoa!

Over 2100 views and over 100 post. No word yet...ain't looking good...:frown: Still got my fingers crossed for him!:biggrin:

Yep some guy out has been trash talking about my calling it "The Turbo Trash" and he want to race me. I just found out hes puting in a 150 shot of nos and some m/t streets, he is clueless to what i got. I a CAI, maganflow catback, tt chip, m/t street and Alky coming this week so I'll be running about 20-23psi of boost. Do you guys think I can shut him up?

well how did the race go ???

Where do you live?

st. louis

as far was what model, I'm not sure, but it looks to be brand new, and its one of the larger mercedes models. Its a pretty big car. I could probably get on mercedes web site and figure it out, but I have no intrest in mercedes, bmw, lexus etc,.. basically anything to do with foreign luxury car market. I know its not (always) good to generalise others, I know there are lots of people who own these cars who are exceptionally nice and caring people, but unfortunetly in my case, my experiences on the road so far in my life has been that its the people driving these cars that are the stereotypical rich snobby impatient aholes that give the impression their more important than everybody else by constantly driving agressively, not using turn signals, and cutting people off, all while haveing cell phone in their ear. (maybe I just don't notice the ones who aren't that way?) :confused: reguardless, this guy just compounds it. I'll get over it. I'm a big boy. :)

hey "itsturbotime", if your the same "itsturbotime" former member on this site, stop rooting for the camaro just because you no longer own a tb and are a 4th gen firebird owner now. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: just kidding. that thing is freakin LOUD btw, put some mufflers on that thing:biggrin:

ok, back to thread topic.

WHO WON THE RACE???

Well either it didn't happen or the results weren't good for him. If he spanked the Camaro we all woulda known by now.:(

You make the call:

My call, since we're speculating:
He lined up against his buddy, forgot to build boost and subsequently got excited. That led to him overpowering his 245/50 rear all season tires which screamed for mercy from the Buford's torque. As he was watching the Firebird leave him like money leaves my wallet, he gained traction and for that split second, he had visions of sugar plums dancing in his head. Against all odds, the Firebird's driver forgot to install an aftermarket shifter and fifth gear, bogging his car horribly. The Buford steamed ahead on the rain swept streets, showing the newer GM car, how things are really done. THE END! :D

He was a no show on friday night and saturday night and I havent heard for him. I'll be leaving to Mexico tomarrow for 20 days So I guess there will no be a race anytime soon