My T vs 01 z28 with 150shot of n2o

8TurboT7

Team Legion
Yep some guy out has been trash talking about my calling it "The Turbo Trash" and he want to race me. I just found out hes puting in a 150 shot of nos and some m/t streets, he is clueless to what i got. I a CAI, maganflow catback, tt chip, m/t street and Alky coming this week so I'll be running about 20-23psi of boost. Do you guys think I can shut him up?

Yep some guy out has been trash talking about my calling it "The Turbo Trash"

Does this GUY know what kind of car you have. I mean its obvious that he knows its a Turbo... but to call it Turbo Trash ?? What an ass, speaking of ass ..please whip his ass and let us know how bad :biggrin: :cool:

01 z28 is an ls1 if im not mistaken... with exhaust and a filter lid on top of the 150 shot...id say hold off unless the car is stick and he cant drive...i have a few friends with basics and nitrous...those things will move out. just my opinion though. does he want to run at the track or on the street?

With whats in my sig, the car cut a 1.80 60' on a 28" tire and ran a best of 13.4@99. that was before a tune, running really rich...my buddies 'cam only' lt1 was cutting 1.7s on a 26" running 12.1s...

So do you know what else is done to the Z other than a 150 shot? Don't discount him too much.

Modifying in anger is a WHOLE LOT more expensive than regular modifying. - just a word to the wise.

I think the t-brake is your saving grace...and it's gonna be close.

My son's old girlfriend's 99 Z/28 (LS1), auto ran 13.3@ 105 MPH with just an air lid and a tune. Don't take the LS1's lightly. If it is a stick you will have a better chance but if it is an auto and he hooks with the 150 shot and a good tune you may see tail lights. But remember I am pulling for you just giving you some info.

Jim

Ton of guys here are spraying there ls1's and with minimal bolt mods they are low 12's/high 11's easy.
So watch out ...Build a ton of boost on the launch and hook out the hole and pray he spins!
Just raced my bud with a 01 Z28 w/Long headers, test pipes, cat back, air lid and MT DR's and this was an auto car no spray and he run 12.60's all day. Car does not have a reflash/tune and all else was stock... a friend so I know nothing else was done to the car.

Good luck just do your homework and come correct

Yep some guy out has been trash talking about my calling it "The Turbo Trash" and he want to race me. I just found out hes puting in a 150 shot of nos and some m/t streets, he is clueless to what i got. I a CAI, maganflow catback, tt chip, m/t street and Alky coming this week so I'll be running about 20-23psi of boost. Do you guys think I can shut him up?

A LS-1 on juice is nothing to sneeze at with a stock T...... running mid 12's right out of the box after an alky kit install isn't automatic either.... especially with as hot as it currently is....

IMHO... don't talk trash to him...

I guess I'm in luck, I know he not a good driver. He believes in spinning donuts is the same as going in a straight line

I would love to see you win but that will be a tough one. We run 1/8th mile here and I see a lot of LS1's with NOS running mid 7's without taking off the valve covers. A 7.50 in the 1/8 is a 11.75 in the 1/4. Best I got out of my stock car with a few bolt-ons and a TE44 turbo was 7.80's, which is a a mid to low 12 in the 1/4. Even if you pickup 2 seconds it will be close. Don't bet money, pray he spins and that it is a cool night!

I'm with the others. Don't put up any cash. If he does hook, he'll eat you alive! And very likely will reel you in if he doesn't hook. You'll need more than just an alky kit on this one.
A good race chip to run the high timing that would be needed with the higher boost the alky allows (a 93 chip wont hack it)
Good traction!!!!!
Already tuned and ready!
This assumes you're already really good at track and well practiced.