New Best today at MIR

RobR

formerly TTA 1387
I've been running 12.6@110 for awhile now but only with 2.0 short times. My Nittos are finally working! I scored a 1.69 short time and was rewarded with a 12.15@111 :)
It was the best weather I've been able to run since I've had the car, about 70 degrees but with a slight headwind. Didn't seem to bother the car much though as my mph did go up 1 mph.
Just passing on the good news, at least for me :D

Originally posted by REDS HOT AIR
when you say mir are you saying budds creek?
Yep. Budds Creek, Maryland. Maryland International Raceway(MIR)

So tell us what you did differently to get the good 60ft. I mean did you change something in the way you launch or what??

Phil

i like budds creek track it usually is prepped desent and most can hook prettuy good there thats why some of us from down here go all the way up there to run i should be there next friday if all goes well...130 mile trip to the track for me but it seems to be worse on the ride home in the middle of the night after going steady all day

congradatttttts on your new best may see ya there some time

later......RED

Originally posted by SHRPTTA
So tell us what you did differently to get the good 60ft. I mean did you change something in the way you launch or what??

Phil
Nothing really changed that much. I shortened up on the burnout to save the brakes. When I got to the line, I stood on the brakes as hard as I could. Brought it up to where it was just about to creep forward and mashed it when the tree came down. Evidently I wasn't applying enough foot pressure on the brakes and/or they were just too hot from the burnout. I used to creep almost to the point of having a .000 reaction time.
And the Nittos might be better now. I was at MIR 2 weeks ago and it was the first time out with them. I had the same problem with my '96 WS6 when the Nittos where new. After the first time out, they stuck like glue.
Nothing like beating your previous best by .5sec with no changes :D

Originally posted by REDS HOT AIR
i like budds creek track it usually is prepped desent and most can hook prettuy good there thats why some of us from down here go all the way up there to run i should be there next friday if all goes well...130 mile trip to the track for me but it seems to be worse on the ride home in the middle of the night after going steady all day

congradatttttts on your new best may see ya there some time

later......RED
I used to swear by MIR but lately its been hit or miss on the pad. When it was nice and cool this morning, the traction wasn't there. I did cut some 1.8x times and thought I was doing great ;) But as the day wore on, it got better. They used to prep the track before we got there and more during the day. They didn't do either from what I saw.
But, its still the track I always go to. Capitol Raceway is only 5 minutes away and I don't go there. MIR is over an hour away...
We had a pretty good turnout from VA, PA, NJ, DE, and NC. It was a modern F-Body Shootout and we had the track from 9am-2pm. There was a nice LS1 bodied Camaro that turned some decent numbers. 9's on and off the gas. Supposedly runs 7.80. It was a turbo small block chevy.