New Buick heads up class (67 turbo, etc...)

Well, Why doesnt someone bring a 67 Q trim to Reynolds and talk Don Cruz into throwing it on his car.
He ran 9.10 witha 70mm,wonder how much it would slow down.

Well, Why doesnt someone bring a 67 Q trim to Reynolds and talk Don Cruz into throwing it on his car.

Be sure its a 3x2 and Dont forget to add the 100lbs;) Make sure 70 of it is on the front.

Don's car would definetly not fit within the rules.Im just curious how fast the 67Q would go on a max effort car

If he dropped a full second would still be 10.10, the average Buick owner either won't or can't afford a 10 teen car.

I have no dog in this fight , but Ill throw my lousey 2 cents in!!! If your really looking for car count how about (NO RULES - 10.5 MINIMUM ET - .5 tenths PROTREE HEADS UP).
That puts people with street cars and people with full blown race cars on a fairly level playing field. No cage ,no license , and most of the safety requirements required when you get to 9.99 are not required. Making it a .5 tenths tree will help equalize the difference between transbrake and foot brake cars. 3000# ?? weight limit gives guys that have lightened up cars a place to race!! Just a thought!!! Mike:cool:

You made reference to mid nines and 9.60. Ok I am wrong you did not say 9.50:rolleyes:

Lonnie,
I was just pointing out that I never said "easy 9.5". I know others did, but I never said "easy". I think it would take an all out effort like White and Cruz are doing in TSM to get even close to that. I know Grumpy has worked very hard to pull the 9.9 with a 67 on 93 octane. It just seemed as though I was being singled out. I meant no hard feelings, as I've said many times in these threads, I want to see the biggest car count. If the 67 turbo is the way to go, I'm all for it. As for me, the 67 puts me out of the running. I like several of the rules, AC, 200 trans, Alky. What I can't justify spending for myself is the xfi, full cage, nhra license and certification. I'd be driving this car several hundered miles to the races and hoping to drive it home (more than likely with the help of team banana and the Midwest gang :biggrin:). I don't have money for a tow rig, and trailer. I know it's kinda crazy to think you can drive a heads up car to a track and know you'll be able to drive it home 100% of the time. Chit happens, but that is what the Chit Talker is for, and all the friends I've made at these events. You included. :cool:

Black6Pack, you can show up with a 61, you just can't have bigger than a 67 3x2.

I already know of one car planning on racing with a 61.

The the class exactly like TSM, only difference is pump gas instead of race fuel:eek: But you have to stick a diaper on the motor.:p

No hard feelings sir. Just got my hopes up about this being a "budget" kinda class.

Ive never seen anything "budget" about any heads up motorsports racing. If you want to be anywhere near the top plan on a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

The the class exactly like TSM, only difference is pump gas instead of race fuel:eek: But you have to stick a diaper on the motor.:p

Not allowing high octane will turn it into a very expensive class for those who will detonate the hell out of their engines trying to beat their opponents when they are already on the edge. How do you monitor how much high octane gas someone has in their tank? Will it be like the current alky class where you can have approx. 7 gallons of any gas you want in the tank as long as you can get in 10 gallons of 93? I dont see this slowing down the class or making it much less expensive. Still a bottom 10 high 9 class. For those no wanting cages or bars too bad. The stock turbo has been 11.30's on an unopened engine. Maybe we should consider an eighth mile class? It would be way less expensive and a lot harder for anyone to be dominant if a foot brake non electronic boost control class.

Ive never seen anything "budget" about any heads up motorsports racing. If you want to be anywhere near the top plan on a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Bison,
I don't dissagree with you. This class just didn't line up within my budget. :( If you look at my signature you'll see where I was coming from.

I have never been beat in a street race, and I've lined up with pleanty of exotic cars being in south florida. Granted my car is not that fast, but 99% of the cars on the road can't hang with my basic setup. An Ls1 f-body with spray or a power adder might beat me, but they are the 1% that I didn't exclude.

I dont think i was too far off when i said 9.40's.

ok going out on a limb here....but it seems alot of people are pissing on this class.....what ever happened to FUN...just to compete...to hang out....THIS IS NOT TSM OR TSO it is a VIRGIN CLASS let the f-ing thing get started and have one event before the wet blankets come out and put the fire out....a general set of rules that can get tweaked down the road....this is why new classes fail...because no one gives them a chance to even get off the ground....I may not be new as far as this board is concerned but I have had my Buick since 1996....and have been around the block...so to say...it kills me that everyone want to promote Buick's and Events...but in the same breath want to kill it.....sorry...am a little biased

you are correct sir. However it will be more expensive to be a front runner in this class with the existing rules than some of the other rules others have proposed correct? Fast=$2000, cage=$1000, NHRA license etc. So this COULD have been a more "cost effective" class. The only difference between this class and TSM is the a/c and turbo. I am afraid this class will get the slower cars in TSM to back down and dominate!