New NEW Header Thread - Prototypes DONE!!

How much in how much time??

Dunno.. these guys will not be manufacturing them. They simply dont have the time. They HAVE moved on to fixing our 1 5/8th headers which we hope to sell also. After they finish those (I expect this week), they're going to start fixing that mickey mouse twin turbo kit Burhead made for us.

I'm going to start looking into someone to produce these as soon as we verify there are no fitment issues. They're going to need 2 heat shields (or blankets) as well as a bracket.. Ill make those up as soon as I get them on a car. Essentially they're a pretty easy install tho.. just move the power steering reservoir. Thats about the only caveat of the install job. They come in and out with no problems.

Keep in mind these headers have 1 3/4 primaries so you'll need a pretty quick car to utilize them.

We had toyed around with the idea of having them made in China and selling them at a reasonable price but I really dont want the headaches that seem to follow the Chinese stuff so I think we're going to find a manufacturer in the US of A and try to keep the quality high. Im sure within 3 months you'll be able to buy them on Ebay anyway.

Im going to get on the phone tomorrow and start trying to get the ball rolling on a production run. Shane is going to take the prototypes and test fit them on his fleet. Im really not expecting any issues with fit since the crossover comes around the front. The downpipe is a non factor.. we had a 3.5 inch unit in the car when the headers were built.

We have a lot of cool stuff in the works.. should be an interesting year ;)

Hopefully Thursday I can put them on an engine on a stand and takes pics then I plan to test them first in a TSM type car....

Glad to see the hard work and frustration is coming to an end.

I know you will have more pics and am curious to see how the cross over looks in front of the accessories.

just send em to me, and ill test fit them on my TType and even take it to the track... :D

Headers

The fruits of you labour finally came through.
Very nice ! ! !

They look heavy?

Later AJ

Shane picked the headers up today and dropped off the "Big Dog" car for it's upgrades. This car is going to blow people away when it's done!!!

Very nice work! Will the crossover pipe be in the front of motor? Will a 4 bolt be available?

:D Oh man those headers are pretty, and I love the idea of the crossover! Just Jethot 2000 those bad boys and you're ready to go. I like how every curve is welded. Reminds me of the Full Race headers which are prime parts. My car isnt 10.99 or faster, but I'd love to have a set!

I built a set of these a couple of years ago. Used
1 3/4 stainless tubes and 304 ss flanges. One issue that came up early on was you must use
individual flanges to clear the 14 bolt stage 1 if drilled or stage 2 blocks. Also, I used the "Poston"
Log jammer style design passenger style header so the
crossover would be in the stock location and there would be plenty of clearance for the T.H. downpipe
and not overheat the wiring harness area. The flow restriction is now in the Turbine Housing regardless of A/r ratio and no longer in the exhaust port flange size or tube size which typically cover a portion of the exhaust port
on Ported aluminum heads. Although the Non-Log
Jammer design as pioneered by KenneBell may
work better, the problem now becomes how do I
fit the larger tubes in place which you have already found out without crossover, downpipe,
and harness issues not to mention evaporator
box issues. The log jammer style is a compromise
but MAY be viable. Or not.
Regards,
Bill.

I thought about going with a log jammer style but the fab guy and I discussed it and decided against it. Truthfully, when all this is sorted, Im really not expecting any problems. Ive already sourced custom heat blankets for the headers, spoken with another board member about coating them and you could fit a 4 inch downpipe down through there if you wanted.. probably something even bigger.

As it stands now, my plan is to have Shane test fit them on several of his vehicles to make sure there are no clearance issues and from there, get them on the dyno. HOPEFULLY that will happen within the next 2 weeks. After that, I've already contacted someone about building them, just waiting to hear back from them before sending the actual headers out there. I'd love to find a small shop that wanted to do it but after our dealings with Burhead, Im a little leary of getting myself into a situation like that again.

We had toyed around with the idea of having them made in China and selling them at a reasonable price but I really don't want the headaches that seem to follow the Chinese stuff so I think we're going to find a manufacturer in the US of A and try to keep the quality high.
wise choice, I'm sure y'all would rater sell quality parts to quality people rather than inferior china crap to people that think they need these for there 11 sec. car.