New NEW Header Thread - Prototypes DONE!!

Even more pictures! Shane test fit the headers this morning. We've got to change one tube up slightly but other than that, its :D

picsfrombd+005.jpg

picsfrombd+006.jpg

picsfrombd+007.jpg

picsfrombd+009.jpg

picsfrombd+008.jpg

picsfrombd+013.jpg

picsfrombd+017.jpg

picsfrombd+012.jpg

picsfrombd+016.jpg

It does work with the Champion A/C delete braket, as you can see. They were built on a car with AC so they work both ways. We got a winner here:biggrin: Should be doing dyno testing within a week or so.....

The motor on the stand is my D.L.S TFS engine!

Wow, that's different. It didn't look like the driver header would fit from the first pic but damn, it did.

I am not familiar with Distributor needs etc but does the alternator have to be in that position??

That is where the champion bracket locates it. It works on FACTORY set ups too with A/C, P/S, and everything!

Next project should be to unbolt the crossover pipe and have a twin turbo setup able to bolt right up in its place- great workmanship!

These look awesome! I hope they'll fit with my rigged intercooler pipes. I'm definitely interested in a set as soon as you start production. The "high tech red neck" strikes again.

These look awesome! I hope they'll fit with my rigged intercooler pipes. I'm definitely interested in a set as soon as you start production. The "high tech red neck" strikes again.

Deltona.. representin'

You should see a significant flow increase out of the Drivers side as Mickey Thompson found out years ago with the air coming straight out for some distance before turning. For a Race Car or short drive street car they will be hard to beat for Making Horsepower. Realistically there are some significant short comings for street cars. No rear mount intercoolers, significant additional heat in the engine compartment. Need to relocate Pwr steering reservoir, hoses. Not legal for some classes as crossover in wrong place. Definitely not stock appearing for the stealth effect.

I have been talking to a header mfg about making a "Poston Style" header but with 1 3/4 tubes. The price drops significantly the more sets he makes in a run. Any interest out there ????

We have that covered too:wink:

Poston or log types are not real headers, just an exhuast manifold IMO.... That is why we went away from that totally.

Yep! I remember I paid stupid money for 2 sets of those 3 yrs ago on ebay. I got them both of anybody wants a set:biggrin:

No they werent a log design,They were real headers,Just like I posted

Aha.. yes they were.. Too bad Hooker just ripped off the Ellis headers to make those. They shoulda picked someone better to steal designs from.

Aha.. yes they were.. Too bad Hooker just ripped off the Ellis headers to make those. They shoulda picked someone better to steal designs from.

Thats fur sure,I just replaced a set of them on my Boss' car.He thinks I gave him another 100HP.
It just spools so fast now is why it feels so much better,But huge decrease in spool time.

Let us know as soon as the 4 bolt headers have been fabbed and tested. I am going to make both of my cars 4 bolt but only have one set of headers at this time.

QOUTE:

You should see a significant flow increase out of the Drivers side as Mickey Thompson found out years ago with the air coming straight out for some distance before turning. For a Race Car or short drive street car they will be hard to beat for Making Horsepower. Realistically there are some significant short comings for street cars. No rear mount intercoolers, significant additional heat in the engine compartment. Need to relocate Pwr steering reservoir, hoses. Not legal for some classes as crossover in wrong place. Definitely not stock appearing for the stealth effect.

I have been talking to a header mfg about making a "Poston Style" header but with 1 3/4 tubes. The price drops significantly the more sets he makes in a run. Any interest out there ????

Dude, you are coming on this thread with two posts...trying to sell a poston style suck ass headers...acting like these Jay and Shane came up with aren't "stealth". Come on these cars were "stealth" when my grandma had a NA regal in 1988 and nobody knew what a GN even was. These cars are well known for kickin ass ... when was the last time I got a a length and the move because "its just a six":rolleyes: :rolleyes: . Why are you hating on Jays design?

I personally don't mind if I have to move a PS hose to pick up horespower...like I haven't moved, changed,deleted or added anything ELSE to get my car in the 10's:cool:

Kudo's to Jay and Shane for even trying to do a new header design with all the "pros" on the internet giving critical analysis of anything and everything innovative that comes around.:biggrin: :biggrin:

I wish there were some new headers out there, I've given up on my stock mani's.....cracked again

-Will