You can type here any text you want

ok results are in

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

liv4gnz

passanger side middle cylinder

the spark plug tip was half there and there was no compression

im running ac delco cr43ts

now headgaskets right?

what do i do with the heads to freshen them up or should i get a set of aftermarkets

and the block surface do i just clean it up?

can some one give me a good list of what i should do now?

need to get it done soon but im not gonna rush the job its gonna be tying me up one lift

weich head gaskets for 25 psi and mid 11s?

RJC Racing the leaders in inovative Buick performance - bulletproof head gasket kit.

It used, or uses the 84-85 headgaskets sandwiched. Some guys run these and never look back, including me. Car has seen 30 psi on several occasions.

I would also invest in the ARP head stud kit. It makes head removal on an AC car a snap. Better clamping force than the old torque to yield bolts by far.

Correction, RaceJace now makes stainless head gaskets in two different thicknesses. No need to stack gaskets anymore.

they def make some great headgaskets out there now !! BUT if you don't have the knock or tuning under control get use to workin on it :p and it won't be headgaskets:eek:

ok i pulled the heads the gasket is in tact?

the ring isnt broken or any abnormality

????

could it be the rings? where did that piece of spark plug probably end up going and would you think to cause that?

im so confused right now how it didnt blow but lack conpression?

ok i pulled the heads the gasket is in tact?

the ring isnt broken or any abnormality

????

could it be the rings? where did that piece of spark plug probably end up going and would you think to cause that?

im so confused right now how it didnt blow but lack conpression?

Could be the rings..... piece of spark plug probably vaporized due to knock, I wouldnt worry about it.

If it is running rough just take it down to the track and run 5 or 6 full boost passes to knock the carbon loose:wink:

Then it should be in the 12's easy :cool:

im not asking for sarcasm i just spent 4 hours pulling the heads and the gasket is fine?

I guess make sure your cam didnt go flat.If its ok i would say the rings might be broken.Also make sure the valves are seating in the head also.

im not asking for sarcasm i just spent 4 hours pulling the heads and the gasket is fine?

Well I dont know how many time we need to try and tell you........ get somebody LOCAL to help you. It will fix your problems 100 times faster.

Where are you located? Between the board members we can save you a lot of time getting somebody to help you that knows these cars.

I mean I actually went and counted... you have started 43 threads about performance, what to do etc and have received 100's of responses. That doesn't seem to be working out to well so please let us get you a person local to help.

so what are my options now new short block or just do the rings and pistons and build this one or buy a long block and sell this block?

it barely had compression in the middle cylinder so i pulled the heads they gaskets are perfectly fine so i think its the rings now because alot of oil was being burned liek crazy out of the breathers

so what are my options now new short block or just do the rings and pistons and build this one or buy a long block and sell this block?

it barely had compression in the middle cylinder so i pulled the heads they gaskets are perfectly fine so i think its the rings now because alot of oil was being burned liek crazy out of the breathers

Rob, please tell us where you are located so we can send a warm body to help you out.

After 43 threads we can't help from the board.... you need a local to help.

live in clifton nj

my shop is in paterson nj

number is 973 330 1874

i am not going any further than pulling the heads on this car im not touching bottom end i want to just pull it and put in a fresh long block and sell whatever i have here its to much hassle for me to take it all apart and do the rings and pistons and all that ****

live in clifton nj

my shop is in paterson nj

number is 973 330 1874

i am not going any further than pulling the heads on this car im not touching bottom end i want to just pull it and put in a fresh long block and sell whatever i have here its to much hassle for me to take it all apart and do the rings and pistons and all that ****

DAMN MAN!!!! Lots of East coast guys to help!!! This should be easy......

Tell me what you are close to... Toms River.... Philly.... Agawam.... where. I apologize for not knowing the east coast better... Maybe Bridgeport...

Did you look at the turbine wheel like Grumpy suggested? There isn't a hole or a crack in the piston?

I will paypal $50 to whatever cause for someone to go over there and help.

A new block ain't gonna fix this.

....... There isn't a hole or a crack in the piston?

Could be a cracked piston.... gotta look close...

flat cam? - edit.... I rearead other post... happed when alky didn't come on....... I'm sticking with cracked or hole in piston....... check valves close too..... spark plug could have boogered up valve and seat....maybe even bent the valve head...

Stock head gaskets for mid 11's. You have a major tuning issue that needs attention.

Maybe the chunk of spark plug bent a valve a bit - heads would have had to come off anyway - do some more looking.

idk what to do

the pistons look perfect i cant tell if the rings are cracked

why did the plug melt because of detonation?

how do you check the valves if theyre bent?

i think im going to just get a new long block
over haul it and start fresh take out the ac heat dont use it
clean up eveyrthing and do it all right from the start
and the trans will get rebuilt too

say a valve is bent but the engine still has 140k on it i think its time to freshen it up either way while all this **** is apart

IMHO.....don't jump just yet. Find the smoking gun..... if the shortblock is good....great.... find and fix what is broke and move on. 140K is not an issue.... guys run 10's on 140k shortblocks...... you are learning. My 159K block had no ridge in the top of it..... not enough wear to really see...... I removed my pistons w/o having to ridge ream the block. Don't assume that at 140k miles she is worn out.....In time if you mess with it enough.... you will have to do a complete rebuild later.

IMHO... fix it... learn..... and enjoy.

Later you will likely make different decisions on what parts you want anyway.

but as of right now idk where the compression went can i put oil in that cylinder and see if it leaks down? should i get the heads rebuilt for now?

Back