One pissed off HD rider.

faster

I take the T out last Saturday, mid 40% humidity and mid 70's temp. Oh yea, she likes the air and running insanely sweet, almost too good.

I had to go to work for something I left on Friday.

So I'm cruising south on 34th Street (3 lanes wide) and this ratty 86 T pulls alongside and is just pacing me.

We get to a red light with a Harley fatbob in the left lane, me in the middle and the 86 in the right. We have about 1/2 mile of empty road and I'm not really contemplating gassing on it.
Buuuuuuutttttt the boost is set about 22-23 and the alky is primed.

Light goes green and the Harley gasses it for all its worth, which really is not much and the 86 isn't running much faster.

Okay you guys win I'll show you what I got!

I roll out and shift to second pacing the Harley and the 86 and then gas on it. I thought I was going fast enough to stay in second but it downshifts to first and just blazes the tires smoking and screeching incredibly loudly for a second or two then shifts to second squealing them some more and getting a bit squirly all the while between the Harley and 86. Then I hook and put 10 lengths on them in a couple of seconds to 65 mph and let off.
3.4 degrees of knock, I like it!

The harley guy pulls alongside and screams obsenities at me; for scaring the horsepoopy out of him I guess. I have no idea why he got sooooo mad, I never got close to him and barely fishtailed.

The T pulls up laughing wildly, giving me a thumbs up.

Harley guys keeps going and the 86 and I pull over to talk. He's late 30's, just bought it, it is bone stock, runs 13.0's and wants me to teach him how to make it go like mine. I told him about this forum so hopefully he'll join.

Mikey

What mph was the KR at?

The 3.4 deg of KR was most likely on a shift as the car only got to 65 mph. If so, no big deal for a low eleven second car.

Nice kill.:cool:

Mike B.

I have a guy here at my job that swore up and down that his Harley would smoke my car. I travel west on the expressway home and he goes north. That fateful day came that I had driven my car, he had his bike, and had to head west. That day I spanked him from a roll 3 times. He now has a lot of respect for my little V-6.

probably pizzed because he had no intention of racing you. 2 wheels vs. 4 wheels = dangerous.

Riding a bike is dangerous period. It was OK for him to blast off from the light. :D

Sounds like a sore loser to me. If he wasnt looken to race then why give it full throttle from the dig? He's just pissed his POS could not hang with ur TR.

probably pizzed because he had no intention of racing you. 2 wheels vs. 4 wheels = dangerous.

You're right he probably didn't. He probably had no idea my car was anything but a white regal. I'm not justifying my actions either but he did gas on it with everthing it had and put 2-3 car lengths on me very quickly so I gassed on it too. I was behind them when the tires first let loose and next to them when it hit second and screeched again. I think it just scared the doo, doo out of him when I appeared next to him out of nowhere and screeched the tires going into second. I blew by them both very, very quickly and it unnerved him, I can understand that. He had no idea of my driving abilities (been drag racing and road racing for 35+ years) and I have no idea how smart a rider he is. But don't hot rod around and not expect someone to pick up on it either.

The road was dry, clear and with no cross streets so I gassed on it for a few seconds too. I don't do that if there are driveways/cross streets or traffic in front as most of you know how much ground cars this fast can cover in a couple of seconds.

Mikey

I have a guy here at my job that swore up and down that his Harley would smoke my car. I travel west on the expressway home and he goes north. That fateful day came that I had driven my car, he had his bike, and had to head west. That day I spanked him from a roll 3 times. He now has a lot of respect for my little V-6.

The edjamacation is always on going with these V-6's. Good kill!

Mikey

My daughter could beat a Harley with her powerwheels while she's sleeping. They're turds on wheels. Why every Harley owner thinks they have a fast bike is beyond me. I pulled my father in laws 1340 with a Honda 1000 twin and my girl on the back. Didn't really have to try too hard. Just granny shifted 1st & 2nd, let 3rd rev out and that was it. Tim

im pretty sure my slow harley would run at least mid 11's ... but i know everyone here is faster than that :D

im pretty sure my slow harley would run at least mid 11's ... but i know everyone here is faster than that :D

x2 I don't have a Harley YET (next toy on the list) but a few friends of mine have them and they will give some cars the business. They do as much as we do. Head, cam fuel, ect, ect,. I've seen HD's with NOS.:rolleyes::biggrin:

Nice Kill!!

My Harley has cam, big carb and a few other goodies. Just enough to get it out of the snail mode. If I want to go fast I get my car out. Both great rides for what they are. :D

I get HD's trying to race me all the time.
I live near a Biker spot called Cooks Corner so they're all over around here.

I consider the fair game if they decide to tangle.....but killin' a respectable sport bike is more of an ego boost.:D

My bashing of Harleys was mainly focused on the stock ones. Didn't mean to offend, but you can make anything fast with mods. I could buy a Saturn and make it fast too.:biggrin:

I get HD's trying to race me all the time.
I live near a Biker spot called Cooks Corner so they're all over around here.

I consider the fair game if they decide to tangle.....but killin' a respectable sport bike is more of an ego boost.:D

With street tires, pump gas, and the street chip my T runs 11.7-80 @ 114-116 mph so a big boy sport bike is gonna get me. On the race chip with a 50-50 mix of race gas I've gone 11.18-22 @ 124mph. I have a new engine combo with better pistons, some head and intake work, a much better bottom end and more cam. So as soon as the weather cools here a bit I'll go over to G'ville raceway, bolt on the MT's and try for a high 10 second blast. I'l only get two shots as I don't have a cage so anything faster than 11.49 gets me a warning.

You guys know it is all relative.

Drive a 14 second vehicle and eventually it will feel fast.

After I get out of my buddy's high 9 second 66 Chevelle my T feels kinda slow.

Mikey

My bashing of Harleys was mainly focused on the stock ones. Didn't mean to offend, but you can make anything fast with mods. I could buy a Saturn and make it fast too.:biggrin:
Sure can like a modded TURBO REGAL! What i gathered from this kill story was 1 dead buick and 1 dead Harley! Lol