One pissed off HD rider.

Meanchicken is my type if guy. Not scared to lose and comes out on top more times than not. Keep killing!
Faster your car runs good! Don't fear any bike, the are supposed to win in theory, but the blacktop can tell a different story.
I look for the cars I expect to lose to when toying around for fun. So if I win, and I do a lot the victory is that much sweeter. I think the 275/60s scare off the average hi performance cars.

Meanchicken is my type if guy. Not scared to lose and comes out on top more times than not. Keep killing!
Faster your car runs good! Don't fear any bike, the are supposed to win in theory, but the blacktop can tell a different story.
I look for the cars I expect to lose to when toying around for fun. So if I win, and I do a lot the victory is that much sweeter. I think the 275/60s scare off the average hi performance cars.

I'm not afraid to loose. You're right in that I would rather play with someone there's a chance at loosing too. I've lost many, some because of my driving and some because the other guy was quicker. And you're also right most sport bike riders stink at launching and I can put 4-5 lengths on them very easily from a dig. But for some reason I just got caught up in the moment even though I new I would destroy the HD and 86 T.

I played with three middleweight sport bikes one day on an open deserted two lane country road. Sundays usually find some people racing there, walky-talky at each end keeps the us warned about cops. 3 miles of safe road I test on with my G-Force Meter. I walked them all to 140 mph from a 50 mph roll. They did the fly by after I let off and slowed but gave me thumbs up as they went by. If a deer came out it would be messy.

Mikey

Forget deer...what about Meeses?

Moose vs. Minivan
:eek:

edit:
Link isn't working...but...google "Moose vs. Minivan" and you'll see....

Fortunately no "meeses" this far south and our deer are small. Florida is second only to Texas in beef production from what I understand and people hit them a lot here. Also a lot of horses and they get hit occasionally too.

Just tell the Harley guy you can't hear him over his exhaust.

True, true... I could not here the T at all.

Mikey

True, true... I could not here the T at all.

Mikey

This crap gets on my nerves. Your cruising on a cool day with the window down and the HD guys come roaring by gassing it by your window on purpose.

Well the new 3" electric cutout I'll have a way to fight back. let the 3" cutout kills begin.... :biggrin:

This crap gets on my nerves. Your cruising on a cool day with the window down and the HD guys come roaring by gassing it by your window on purpose.

Well the new 3" electric cutout I'll have a way to fight back. let the 3" cutout kills begin.... :biggrin:

I don't run a cat but have a Y in it's place. One of these days I'll pull the cap off it and really piss everyone off. The V6 just is not intimidating to listen to though. My 464ci Stage 1 with the Mickey Thompson headers and 3" collectors and 3" exhaust is another story. It sounds sweet so I get horrible fuel mileage listening to it sing.

Mikey

I don't run a cat but have a Y in it's place. One of these days I'll pull the cap off it and really piss everyone off. The V6 just is not intimidating to listen to though. My 464ci Stage 1 with the Mickey Thompson headers and 3" collectors and 3" exhaust is another story. It sounds sweet so I get horrible fuel mileage listening to it sing.

Mikey

I agree that the roar of a Big Block is the best intimidator there is when the volume peddle is lowered to the floor....but have you ever had someone in a Turbo Buick come broad side with their dump open and play you some WOT chin music?:biggrin:

It'll wake you up proper...

I agree that the roar of a Big Block is the best intimidator there is when the volume peddle is lowered to the floor....but have you ever had someone in a Turbo Buick come broad side with their dump open and play you some WOT chin music?:biggrin:

Only heard them from the stands. I bought the T 10 years ago with this Y pipe in place but never pulled off the cap. Now with 2K on the new motor I have to go pull the cap and drive it, you have my curiosity peaked.
I'll get my son to video and post it.

Mikey

Only heard them from the stands. I bought the T 10 years ago with this Y pipe in place but never pulled off the cap. Now with 2K on the new motor I have to go pull the cap and drive it, you have my curiosity peaked.
I'll get my son to video and post it.

Mikey

I had my GN uncapped years ago at the track and a flurry of people came over to the pits after my run to see what was under the hood and all I heard was "wow I didn't know a V-6 could sound like that". :biggrin:

Not the same sound as a big rat but it draws attention I assure you and certainly loud enough to payback these HD riders that want to be asses....

I had my GN uncapped years ago at the track and a flurry of people came over to the pits after my run to see what was under the hood and all I heard was "wow I didn't know a V-6 could sound like that". :biggrin:

Not the same sound as a big rat but it draws attention I assure you and certainly loud enough to payback these HD riders that want to be asses....

I would have to agree that these cars sound like monsters with them uncapped. When I was in the military I drove on base a few times with it uncapped and the guys checking ID's at the gate ALWAYS asked what I had under the hood. And one of those times while driving on base my friend who also owns a GN said he was outside smoking and just heard a loud "VAROOOOM/WOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHH" for the couple miles I was driving to his place.

im pretty sure my slow harley would run at least mid 11's ... but i know everyone here is faster than that :D

My Buell should dip into the 11's.

Mikey

Attachments

• IMG00532.jpg
    IMG00532.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 348
Then I hook and put 10 lengths on them in a couple of seconds to 65 mph and let off.
Is your car as fast as a top fuel dragster or something? 10 car lenghts before 65mph after blowing the tires off in 1st? Knowing how fast a car with 9 sec power hits 65mph on the street and the fact that it would be hard to put 10 car lengths on them if they never even moved from the start before hitting 65mph i have to call bullchit.

I do a lot a road cycling. I have had a few Harley riders coast up beside me and then rev it up or shout at me. I guess they are trying to scare me. I hope it boosts their ego and makes them feel like a real man.

Even at stoplights I'll open the dump on a HD rider, for some reason they think they still need to rev it to clear the carbs:confused: , nothing like passing them with dump open and the turbo sounding literally like a 747 on the highway(I've got a finger once or twice):biggrin:

Is your car as fast as a top fuel dragster or something? 10 car lenghts before 65mph after blowing the tires off in 1st? Knowing how fast a car with 9 sec power hits 65mph on the street and the fact that it would be hard to put 10 car lengths on them if they never even moved from the start before hitting 65mph i have to call bullchit.

I didn't measure it okay but it was a bunch. My car runs low 11's and I state that in the sig so you know how fast my car is. You know with street tires it is a high 11's/12.0+/- car. I hooked, pulled away very, very quickly and let off at 65, momentum will carry you a little farther before you actually begin to slow. Maybe they both let off maybe they both were a lot slower than I expected I don't know. I called it 10 car lengths, you put the number you want on it.

Mikey

low 11's wont put 10 car lengths on my harley that has a pipe an tune much less any other sports bike .... just telling the truth.. take it like u want to