Precision Billet Wheel Turbos???

John Wilde

I'm getting too old for this $#!%
Staff member
Pete, Harry or anyone from Precision can we have more information please?
I have not been able to find any information from you guys about these exciting new offerings!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taken from Pro Line Racing Engines

Precision Turbo has revolutionized turbos as we know them today. Instead of taking a turbo that isn't necessarily made for racing and making it work, Precision developed their own billet wheel turbos specifically made for the drag racing circuit.

Precision Turbo is proud to introduce its line of optional billet compressor wheels for its HP Technology® line of turbochargers. After countless hours of research, engineering and development, Precision has produced a billet compressor wheel that will improve efficiency, airflow and power of its already race-proven line of turbochargers. Produced by a highly specialized CNC machining process, using aerospace grade aluminum, these compressor wheels are truly on the cutting edge of aerodynamic technology.

These new billet wheel turbos will allow you to make boost faster and even weigh less then the Garrett series turbos. Compared to our old GT-55 91mm turbos that we ran on our Outlaw 10.5 car, the new Precision Pro Mod 90mm billet turbos are a completely different animal. Not only is the discharge side of the exhaust housing setup for a v-band flange & clamp but the inlet side is also fitted for a v-band connection instead of the old rectangular style we accepted as a standard.

These new billet wheel turbos will give you the competitive edge in today's heads up racing classes. Instead of bending or breaking the rules with a necked down turbo, use one or two of these new Precision billet wheel turbos to supply plenty of power to put you on top of your class.

These new Precision billet wheel turbos can be ordered from 88-114mm sizes.
Call today to place your order!

Bad a s s line of turbos. Big dollars tho. I was told Lynch's turbos were 3500 to 4k each !Thats of course if they paid for them.

Baad Azz

John,

My new turbo has a compressor wheel that was sort of the prototype for this style wheel my wheel is not made of aluminum so it afforded us some libertys that a aluminum wheel would not handle. We went down 7 mm and only lost 39 hp I sent the turbo back to get a bigger exhaust wheel to the new TSO specs so we will see what happens :)

p.s. spool up is supposed to be better, it was hard for me to compare Mine was extremly better but I did have a 94mm to compare it too:eek:

John,

My new turbo has a compressor wheel that was sort of the prototype for this style wheel my wheel is not made of aluminum so it afforded us some libertys that a aluminum wheel would not handle. We went down 7 mm and only lost 39 hp I sent the turbo back to get a bigger exhaust wheel to the new TSO specs so we will see what happens :)

p.s. spool up is supposed to be better, it was hard for me to compare Mine was extremly better but I did have a 94mm to compare it too:eek:

Tony,

Great information, I am really looking forward to you making some serious passes this year!

I would love some pics but that goes with out saying! =)

Billet 90

BilletWheel500.jpg

OK Jose, Spill the beans... U have something in the works too?

We have new billet wheels as well yes, but that picture is of the one they call the PT billet 90 from PTE. You guys asked for a pic, so their is one to look at....

Too bad they aren't going lower than the 88mm wheel and that price.:(
A 70BB billet wheeled turbo would sound like a killer street turbo with a decent amount of mods.

John,

Well got the turbo back with the different (bigger) exhaust wheel. We had to mill the inside of the turbine housing because of the angle between the inducer and exducer of the wheel 45 vs 37. But bottom line now is with a turbo that is 7 mm smaller I gained 12 HP!!!!!! As expected Spoolup is slower than old exhaust wheel. BILLET WHEELS WORK!

Well got the turbo back with the different (bigger) exhaust wheel. We had to mill the inside of the turbine housing because of the angle between the inducer and exducer of the wheel 45 vs 37. But bottom line now is with a turbo that is 7 mm smaller I gained 12 HP!!!!!! As expected Spoolup is slower than old exhaust wheel. BILLET WHEELS WORK!

PICS please :eek: