Progress Pics of the Ultimate Giveaway Car!

Actually I went thru my receipts last night. Cooke lock & key here made the keys for that car.No the parts & labor were not donated by them. We gave them a trunk lock cylinder. They did the doors to match the trunk. They did use a square key which through me off.
I do remember Saturday when we were here having a problem opening the trunk. Wiggled up & down & turned right & it opened.I sold the 42.5's for Glen to off set the cost of the 79's he wanted installed.That is why I went in the trunk.
I spoke with Daniel Ray yesterday just to verify if he had the same problem.
Yes on a 20 year old car you have to wiggle a key & turn right he stated.
I guess I should have spent the $45.00 & changed it out.
As far as the kicker box I couldn't tell you if it was wired or not. Gary said he would take care of it. I'm not going to list everything I did or the amount of time & $ I have in this car.But it blows me away when I read these posts.
My apologies.

jdpolzin I'm the little guy with about 3-4 hours sleep under my belt. Glen is a big boy. I'm 6-1 225lbs. & he dwarfs me!:eek:

Scratch them off the list for next year. :eek:

I want the car I win next year to give you an aneurism or paralysis (full or partial will suffice), if it doesn't then you just didn't put enough effort into it and I will not be fully satisfied with my free car that's proceeds went to charity. I mean a man has to have his principles, right? :rolleyes:

Yes, Daniel, the plate on the speaker box was a nice touch. :) It looks good.

I am more than capable of hooking up the amp and sub. :wink: As far as the key goes, I am capable of getting in a trunk also...whether it needs wiggling, shaking or whatever. The two keys on the key ring are identical. Unless the ignition key fits the trunk and doors also, its the wrong one...no big deal. I can take the lock to a locksmith here local and have one made. :eek: All I have to do is drill out the rivet holding the lock mechanism in. I can handle it. :tongue:

When I get time to get the brakes bled, I am going to drive it. My buddy has a dyno and I plan to get a video of it on there. LOTS of nice parts on the car. I get a few little bugs worked out, she'll be running like a champ. :biggrin:

More updates as they come in.... ;) :D

Awesome! I can't wait for the updates and those dyno results!!! Once again, Brian and Daniel and others obviously put some good craftmanship into that ride and deserve all the accolades that have been expressed. Great job guys. I decided back in November when I saw this contest that I'd first look to GBodyParts when making my purchases, even though I don't order much.

Glenn good deal man! When I had it here I had to fight to get into the trunk to lol. I had the old keys and they were worn really bad for the trunk, when they remade them he must not have cut them perfect then either, or they were just the wrong ones. I know I had to wiggle, stretch, stick my tounge out and cross one eyeball to finally get it to turn hahhahahahaha. I was sure that if you can work on one of these wiring nightmares called turbo buicks you could get the amp hooked up lol. I am sorry if I came off wrong on my posts seeming to put you off . I wasn't trying to in the least! I was EXCITED for you , thats all guys! After being there , seeing the car in person and all I just wanted him to see it himself really bad. It wasn't even my car and I was so proud of it that you would have thought I had owned it myself lol. I don't want anyone left out, scott for the rollbar, the guys that came and helped, vendors donating parts, etc. I just felt that it was being nic picked after everything that went into it. Its not a new car guys and for a car that was built so fast it turned out way nicer than I would have ever expected. I just took it way personal on some of the posts because of what it meant to me personally. Read this and maybe you will understand a little more.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-lounge/237023-tft-heart-healing.html
Glad you got it now Glenn and hope you enjoy it. I know I had to sqeeze in some with the roll bar deal , after seeing your pics I don't know HOW you are getting in the car lol. I am 5.11 and had to wiggle in lol. Being its 5 am right now I am going to get some coffee now lol. Later guys Daniel Ray
PS Glenn now you need a pic of both of them together as the pic on the bottom of all your posts! Would be VERY cool!!

Glad you got it now Glenn and hope you enjoy it. I know I had to sqeeze in some with the roll bar deal , after seeing your pics I don't know HOW you are getting in the car lol. I am 5.11 and had to wiggle in lol. Being its 5 am right now I am going to get some coffee now lol. Later guys Daniel Ray
PS Glenn now you need a pic of both of them together as the pic on the bottom of all your posts! Would be VERY cool!!

Oh I will enjoy it. No doubt. :wink: Yea, it was tricky at first getting in the car with the bar that close to the steering wheel....but I got it figured out. ;) Right foot/leg in first, head and arms next and then drag the left foot in after I sit down...piece of cake. :rolleyes: lol Then do the opposite when getting out. Its actually not that bad, but it definatley wasn't made for a 6' 4" guy.:tongue: I'll probably end up getting a swingout installed...make life much easier.

Btw daniel, I'll get a pic of the kicker box and plaque that you made and get it on the pic site. Thanks...

Sheesh

How in the world does everybody gripe and complain about a car they didn't put a sec of time into or a dime into building it?:confused: This wasn't Overhaulin'. As quickly as it was put together it turned out very well. I don't think TurboG is displeased at all. Bweavy and need boost(and several others) have A LOT of time in this and ya'll wanna kick sand in thier faces? If you wanna complain take it somewhere else. TurboG enjoy ur car! If I knew Gary was not able to I would have wired it all up when I built the box.:wink:

....TurboG enjoy ur car! If I knew Gary was not able to I would have wired it all up when I built the box.:wink:

I will.;) Good job on the box...looks good. I'll get it wired and Gary assured me if I didn't, he would fix it in BG when he does alarm system.

Great buncha guys that donated time and parts for the car.....:)

Glenn, if you do put swing outs in it let me know. I think that would be a LOT Easier on a guy your size for sure lol. I still have some of the paint left and I will get a pint can from napa to put some in and send it to you. Any paint shop would be able to paint the new swings for you easy so they would still match perfect. Later man Daniel Ray

X2 If I would have won the car( what the hell biss is of anybody else) if friends, I would personally call and say.."your not my friend if your stating s**t like that.

If I Won a house at 1.2 million through a lottery(that Has proceeds to a cause) What the Hell. When I get you get pics if I so decide. Lay off Bad brothers (bad people) you know who you are> Congrats G and Wow Did you grow up on straight unpasterized cow milk or what..LOL:D

Regards
Don Waddell
waddell87

Glenn, if you do put swing outs in it let me know. I think that would be a LOT Easier on a guy your size for sure lol. I still have some of the paint left and I will get a pint can from napa to put some in and send it to you. Later man Daniel Ray

I was wondering about matching paint for the swingouts....problem solved. ;) If you could send the extra, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again....:cool:

Glenn no sweat man, next time I am uptown I will get a quart can or so from napa and shoot it to you. Its base coat so you have to clear it also just so you can let your paint shop know. Shoot me your address on a pm when you get a chance. Daniel Ray

Glenn, did you get the title yet? I know you're dying to register the car so u can cruise it thru town.