Progress Pics of the Ultimate Giveaway Car!

nope, no title and no word of if/when I'll get one. :confused:

How very sad for this great idea to have turned out so unfortunately. :( I don't think anyone thought that they'd be winning an uncompleted car with no title when this contest started. :eek: I understand the intent of this idea was to help TFT. But the situation with the car makes me question other aspects of this charity drive. Has anyone seen confirmation that the donations made it to TFT? I know it's been asked for on the other TFT thread but never received a response. What a shame, at least the winner has some nice parts from a car that can't be driven.

I would give them the benefit of the doubt that they DID do the right thing with the donations.

But the title stuff HMMM.
Get started on a mechanics lean that’s what I would do as they really owe you nothing. That way you don’t hound them and save your self any aggravations from having to hear reason after reason as to what happened to the title. It would also probably be faster anyway.
Good luck dude

I would give them the benefit of the doubt that they DID do the right thing with the donations.
I really hope you are right, but it does make you wonder what happened to the money when such a little thing as a title can't even be mailed out.

Man, I will find a copy of the certified check I sent to Toys $ Tots. I will find it tomorrow. I am waiting on another response from them. I have emailed them. I don't know why the didn't respond, I am sure it is something minor I will call the gentlemen monday morning.

Brian is doing his best to locate the title. None of this was supposed to happen. I am so sorry if we have inconvineced anyone. We did our best to do a good thing. Yes there were some hiccups. It was our first time doing this. Anybody else ever do this???

I must be honest it does bother me that my integrity has been questioned here.

I apologize to glenn on the title issue, it will be handled...

Hey folks,

I have been silent until now, but this just get's my gourd.

These issues that are being discussed after the fact are minor in comparison to the root cause issue at hand ever since the beginning of the giveaway. The issue is Toys for Tots and the charity that went into this.

A vehicle title is a minor thing. TurboG will have to pay to get the vehicle liscensed and insured to drive it. So he pays a little more to have a title search done. No big deal. He will get his title and get to drive, race, bust rustangs, whatever, at his will and desire with a car that in esence cost him nothing but a donation and a few minutes of his time.

We are all grown ups here. Let's behave like it.

TurboG - congratulations.
My compliments to all that donated time, labor and parts.
I only wish I could have done the same.

Z

I couldn't go through the day with this on my mind so I found the copy!

Here it is, I hope this answers any of those questions....

You try to do a good thing and....

Attachments

• toys4totscheck2.jpg
    toys4totscheck2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 513
That is awesome, I am sorry for any disrespect. I did donate a lot of money to this and have bought many things from GBody, but minds start to wonder sometimes. My faith has been restored. Have a great weekend.

Hey folks,

I have been silent until now, but this just get's my gourd.

These issues that are being discussed after the fact are minor in comparison to the root cause issue at hand ever since the beginning of the giveaway. The issue is Toys for Tots and the charity that went into this.

A vehicle title is a minor thing. TurboG will have to pay to get the vehicle liscensed and insured to drive it. So he pays a little more to have a title search done. No big deal. He will get his title and get to drive, race, bust rustangs, whatever, at his will and desire with a car that in esence cost him nothing but a donation and a few minutes of his time.

We are all grown ups here. Let's behave like it.

TurboG - congratulations.
My compliments to all that donated time, labor and parts.
I only wish I could have done the same.

Z

+2

Good job Shane & Brian!!
:)

I never questioned the money, but Glenn is a friend of mine and I can say hes never once complained about the condition of the car or the fact that he hasnt gotten a title. I saw this car and it needs more than just licensing to be driven and enjoyed if it can ever be driven. I would personally put the parts on my TR and go from there. This is just my opinion and it comes from me seeing the car. I know alot of vendors donated parts and alot of people worked hard and the donation was awesome. But there are many many things that Glenn has been too much of a gentleman to bring up. I simply asked yesterday if he got the title yet. I didnt intend for it to bring up this much
BS.

Look, I never intended to question anyone's integrity, especially the operator of the board. If I had any serious concerns that anything funny was going on with the money, I would have contacted Shane in private. If I could figure out how to edit my post, I'd change my wording. It certainly has a tone that I didn't intend to pass through.

I never questioned the money, but Glenn is a friend of mine and I can say hes never once complained about the condition of the car or the fact that he hasnt gotten a title. I saw this car and it needs more than just licensing to be driven and enjoyed if it can ever be driven. I would personally put the parts on my TR and go from there. This is just my opinion and it comes from me seeing the car. I know alot of vendors donated parts and alot of people worked hard and the donation was awesome. But there are many many things that Glenn has been too much of a gentleman to bring up. I simply asked yesterday if he got the title yet. I didnt intend for it to bring up this much
BS.
And what is wrong with it that it could "ever be driven"? I saw it before,during,and after paint and it was a "lil rough around the edges" when Danny picked it up at Renyolds. But I didn't see anything that would prevent it from being road worthy. Since you laid it out there, how about elaborating..........

Yes please do since it seems you are always the one saying something bad about it. I am sure it has some bugs to work out on it still but roadworthy?? Never driven?? Please!!!!!! The car looked great and if you have ever even bought a used car you don't expect it to be perfect or you would have gotten a new one from the dealer [and paid for it!] . There was nothing I seen on the car that I couldn't have finished fixing in 2 weeks or less but then again I quess some of us know how to work on our own cars and some don't. You can take that anyway you like. Daniel Ray

Unbelievable

Glenn you are right I have been trying to run my business,catch up from employee problems & delays. I'll be in here Sunday hunting down the title.
I have about 700-800 titles here for Gbodies. I will make time to get it for you. If it is lost I'll get a copy.

As far as integrity........... way out of line. I never posted what I had in this car personally but it was @ $19k. It has caused alot of time on my part producing receipts of labor which employee worked on what & when. Parts we upgraded & donated.Shipping of the vehicle to & from. My original out lay for buying the car,etc,etc,etc.. My accountant has been pulling his hair out over this. It wasn't just the time & labor involved.

Next year I'll just donate $10k to toys for tots. It will be easier & less work. Anyone can cut a check. This whole idea was to pull the communitty together & raise $ for toys for tots.

The last 3 months all I have heard from about 20 people max was:
Beware of Gbodyparts, Oh I got my part
Gbodyparts screwed me wah wah wah. Oh I got my part
Another post: I did a search on Gbodyparts it is all negative.
Christ we built a car & then gave a car away. I guess if that is negative:confused:
Now I get to read where did the $ go????:mad:

By doing that cost me (& everyone else involved)alot of income plus alot of customers orders, & time. This is one nice thing I did that has caused me tons of problems. With about a 20K customer base to have maybe 20 people complain I can deal with it.
People poping up that have no idea what we have done over the last 7 years I can't.
Not realizing what it takes to do a project this size & the amount of time & vendors involved etc. Questioning the motive & integrity I can't.
Most of you on here have Built cars or are in the process. You should understand.

Turbo Buick.com, Gbodyparts, all donating vendors & labor did this for Toys for Tots. Sometimes you just have to learn a lesson. I think I have.

If the poor car needs a good home like it deserves, simply send it to me back in NC. I would be proud to have that little guy in my garage. I would also be more than willing to work the kinks out. Some of you people would have a problem if you had a job as a taster in a pie factory, my God! :rolleyes:

I have kept quite about this for along time, but I can't continue to get on here and listen to people (that is not involved in this deal in anyway) bash those of us that donated out time and money. The amount of negativity over this whole deal is amazing. I am one of the venders that donated my time labor and parts to this car. I did this for Toys for Tots, not so that someone could win a really cool Turbo Buick. Brian I think we should have done what I told you early on in the build and just ebayed the car once it was finished and also gave that money to TFT as well. Please if you did not have anything to do with this whole deal then please keep your comments to yourself. I really think that if Shane and Brain would have bought a new car and gave it away, there would still be people complain about it.

I want to say thank you to Brian, Shane, Danny and to all else that was involved on this project, for all that you did to help the kids.

You guys crack me up, everybody but the winner is complaining. Hell, I would have been glad to win it before they fixed it, LOL.

I think we should have done what I told you early on in the build and just ebayed the car once it was finished and also gave that money to TFT as well.

I think also this should have been what happened to the car. Would have been more of a positive impact as opposed to a negative.

The generous donation of all the people went to TFT, he got his Car, can we please close this thread.

Bodhi, well said , the only problem with ebaying it is that noone would have donated though so its a catch 22 deal there. I agree with johndeereGN . Just close this trend. After all that everyone put out on this just a few can ruin the whole feeling that this project was suppose to make. Toys for tots came out as the real winner and was suppose to from the start. The car was just a plus, thats IT. For the little bit people donated they got a chance to win it and help TFT at the same time and that is what it was all about anyway. Your contribution was NOT forgot either Scott, thank you for all the work you put in with the bar, floor, and spending fuel and wear and tear on your truck hauling it to meet me in reynolds. After all this though and the negative remarks I dought I would be willing to paint another one for free. Little to much sand in the face when it was suppose to be about the KIDS ! Daniel Ray