Progress Pics of the Ultimate Giveaway Car!

This was a great concept, just some flaws on the delivery. Heck, it was the first time anyone here had tried to do something like this. A little more care in the planning, a bit more time to get things together, get all the vendors involved and promote the heck out of it. Not even just here, try to solicit donatins from a bigger audience. I think the basic idea is terrific, and is lacking simply in execution.

Unfortunately this first effort is getting some bad pub, and it could hurt future efforts. One way to correct that may be to have the car completed before the donations even begin. But I applaud the effort and the ingenuity, and hope that our community can continue to promote programs like this.

This was a great concept, just some flaws on the delivery. Heck, it was the first time anyone here had tried to do something like this. A little more care in the planning, a bit more time to get things together, get all the vendors involved and promote the heck out of it. Not even just here, try to solicit donatins from a bigger audience. I think the basic idea is terrific, and is lacking simply in execution.

Unfortunately this first effort is getting some bad pub, and it could hurt future efforts. One way to correct that may be to have the car completed before the donations even begin. But I applaud the effort and the ingenuity, and hope that our community can continue to promote programs like this.

They did do a heck of a job for such a short time. I would have loved to win the car. I do get the satisfaction of knowing that I donated a sum of money that went to a very good cause.

For the short time time there was to get it done and all the work that was done to it it turned out very well. I built the sub box and since Danny is my best friend I got to see all the work he put in it to paint it. Then he hauled it back to Brian's and then helped to finish putting it together. And to have these folks come and talk crap about it just ticks me off. The kids were the real winners here. Turbo G got a free car. It is over 20 yrs old it was not perfect when it was new. If he doesn't want it many others would love to have it. If you didn't win it STFU complaining about it!:mad: I think I would rather send TFT a check................please lock this.

Glenn you are right I have been trying to run my business,catch up from employee problems & delays. I'll be in here Sunday hunting down the title.
I have about 700-800 titles here for Gbodies. I will make time to get it for you. If it is lost I'll get a copy.

As far as integrity........... way out of line. I never posted what I had in this car personally but it was @ $19k. It has caused alot of time on my part producing receipts of labor which employee worked on what & when. Parts we upgraded & donated.Shipping of the vehicle to & from. My original out lay for buying the car,etc,etc,etc.. My accountant has been pulling his hair out over this. It wasn't just the time & labor involved.

Next year I'll just donate $10k to toys for tots. It will be easier & less work. Anyone can cut a check. This whole idea was to pull the communitty together & raise $ for toys for tots.

The last 3 months all I have heard from about 20 people max was:
Beware of Gbodyparts, Oh I got my part
Gbodyparts screwed me wah wah wah. Oh I got my part
Another post: I did a search on Gbodyparts it is all negative.
Christ we built a car & then gave a car away. I guess if that is negative:confused:
Now I get to read where did the $ go????:mad:

By doing that cost me (& everyone else involved)alot of income plus alot of customers orders, & time. This is one nice thing I did that has caused me tons of problems. With about a 20K customer base to have maybe 20 people complain I can deal with it.
People poping up that have no idea what we have done over the last 7 years I can't.
Not realizing what it takes to do a project this size & the amount of time & vendors involved etc. Questioning the motive & integrity I can't.
Most of you on here have Built cars or are in the process. You should understand.

Turbo Buick.com, Gbodyparts, all donating vendors & labor did this for Toys for Tots. Sometimes you just have to learn a lesson. I think I have.

Brian,

I have not viewed this thread since the giveaway and it is really sad to read some of the posts since the winner was announced. PLEASE remember that you cannot please everyone on the planet in a lifetime, however you should hold your head up high and know that you did a VERY generous thing helping unfortunate children. From everything I saw that car did a complete 180 from the day you picked it up to the day it was given away. Do not let a few bad apples spoil the bunch as most of us think highly of you.

All of you involved in the project did not recieve enough credit for what you did but I for one tip my hat to you all and thank you for such a nobel effort.

Take care and keep up the good work!

Shane

Wow, I can't believe you guys built a car and gave it away with all proceeds going to charity.

Take the 2 or 3 bad posts and toss them aside.then give your selves a huge pat on that back.

You guys are truly first class, not only did you bring the community together but you donated to a wonderful charity.

again, Kudos to those involved.

no title yet. :rolleyes: :eek:

I forgot to tell you I won the title, I was runner up, 3rd place got your brakes.

The good news is that we only won a lease, they'll be raffled off this December, and Christmas will be here before you know it. :eek:

All jokes aside, I hope it gets to you soon. ;)

What about the kids?!?!?! You guys are worried about some stupid title for a car when this charity was about the kids!!! Who cares if Glenn got a bucket of bolts, he should be happy because this was a contest for the kids!!! If I won a $1,000,000 lottery and only got $250,000, I'd be thrilled because that's more $$$ than I started with and a percentage of the lottery goes to the schools (kids), so I should be happy with whatever I received.... Even if it's not what was promised to me at the begining of the contest, I mean lottery.

Guys, please blame me. We are trying to get this straight, I apologize to Glen for the inconvince and to all involved as well. I will update this shortly!

What about the kids?!?!?! You guys are worried about some stupid title for a car when this charity was about the kids!!! Who cares if Glenn got a bucket of bolts, he should be happy because this was a contest for the kids!!! If I won a $1,000,000 lottery and only got $250,000, I'd be thrilled because that's more $$$ than I started with and a percentage of the lottery goes to the schools (kids), so I should be happy with whatever I received.... Even if it's not what was promised to me at the begining of the contest, I mean lottery.

Well now if you won the lottery and they told you check was in the mail. Would you still be happy? What if they gave you the check and said to hold it till November. Would you be happy?

Well now if you won the lottery and they told you check was in the mail. Would you still be happy? What if they gave you the check and said to hold it till November. Would you be happy?

I re-read your post and can now see the sarcasm in it.

Guys, please blame me. We are trying to get this straight, I apologize to Glen for the inconvince and to all involved as well. I will update this shortly!

My intent is not negative. I have posted previously that you guys did a great job and this was a wonderful thing you have all done.

it has to be a drag to win this wonderful prize and not be able to enjoy it.