You can type here any text you want

PTE Stealh just for looks?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SITHV6

Move against the Jedi 1st
was looking at specs for PTEs' Stealth turbo and was wondering if this turbo is a capable 10 sec performer in a mundane outer shell? anyone have experiences with this turbo? 72#'s, reds double pumper, and a KB 9/11 3500 TC will be this turbos' supporting parts.

you'll need a cam & ported heads (or GN1 type) to take advantage of that turbo...it is a big mutha

*Evil Grin*

Originally posted by azgn
you'll need a cam & ported heads (or GN1 type) to take advantage of that turbo...it is a big mutha

heh, forgot to mention...

Degreed PTE 218/218 cam
slightly porte GN1s Aluminum
GN1s 1.65 roller rockers

Now will it work?

And HOW "Big" of a mutha we talking here? not unstreetable I'm hoping. gonna be driving this car as much as possible on the hunt for Rice and Ridiculous types.

well, I would say for street use it won't be much fun....it is basically the equivalent of a 72.......it would be great at the track tho

something like a 45A or 70BB would be much better around town or maybe look into some of the "smaller" GT type turbos that seem to make the same power

PT67 GTQ turbo would be my pick for your combo...... Talk to Pat at PTE:cool:

OK now this is just creepy....lol

Originally posted by 86brick
PT67 GTQ turbo would be my pick for your combo...... Talk to Pat at PTE:cool:

it's almost creepy that the same night I'm looking over PTE's Stealth turbo that I was looking over and considering that very same PT67GTQ turbo and was wondering if it would work...so now besides a TE45A now I have a PT67GTQ option to drool over...lol anyone ever take time to actually COUNT the number of turbos available to ours cars? not bad for a car thats in it's 20's huh?

70BB hmmmmmm....

Originally posted by azgn
something like a 45A or 70BB would be much better around town or maybe look into some of the "smaller" GT type turbos that seem to make the same power

AZGN when u mentioned the 70BB are you implying a turbonetics type turbo? the only smaller GT type I was considering was the GT37 but an earlier post said it wouldnt flow the numbers needed. any suggestions as to the GT option? TIA

With my race gas tune up my stock block car would spin the 28.5X10.5 slicks at 60mph on the freeway. I had about a 4000 stall. Probably a couple hundred loose for the application.
I really liked my stealth turbo. The newer GTQ units should flow more air spool faster. If you are going to street drive it make sure you have a really goog wastegate so that you can control the turbo to lower boost levels. My ATR Gate and Down Pipe worked pretty well.

Back