Question about alky pump...

Quiky One

I know Julio recommends the pump head being faced toward the ground on the GN's, but the car I'm working on has the Kenne Bell front air dam and the pump will not mount down. How important is it for the pump to be faced downward? The lines reach just fine with the head up but I'm afraid it might not flow well or prematurely kill it.

Thanks Jason

Yea, I don't think it matters, esp. if the pumps are sealed... the only issue with mounting it 'head up' is if the internal seals do break, I don't think the main front bearing is sealed (?) but don't quote me on that. I tend to mount mine horizontally most often.

Phil

Alright...I'll shoot Julio a call and report back because I know he hates typing what he can say in 15 seconds.

I too like you guys, wouldn't think it would matter. My TTA's is mounted upside down and it works great..

Alright!! He said mounting the head pump up is not a problem at all but the lines will be to long. So in short, if you can make it work, the pump will still flow the same and the pump will last just as long.

Jason