You can type here any text you want

question about blm

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dagojoe

ok heres the deal i have an 87 g.n..61mm turbo comp 212 cam 42lb injectors l3 1/2 in dp. 3 in cold air...rjc plate tt chip...my blms are about 142 at idle..but with the cruise set at 70 mph the run about 126 to 132 the car has 22 lbs of boost with alky..no knock 0.0 any time with the alky...my fuel pressure is at 42lbs with the vaccume unhooked..is this ok or normal..just wondering thanks .....

Those readings are probably reasonable, but could use improvement. What this indicates is that your injector calibration is a little off at idle.

Remember, you target is BLM set to 128. Try as I might, I can never get all of my BLM's within a few points of 128 at all engine speeds and loads (and I modify my own chips). Your values aren't too bad.

One way to average things out a little better would be to raise your fuel pressure a little bit (maybe a pound or two). What should happen is ALL of your BLM's will come down. So, at idle you might be at 136, and at 70 MPH they will range from 120 to 126. You will be a little farther from "perfect" 128 at 70 mph, but closer to "perfect" 128 at idle.

You will also find that the BLM's will settle at different values depending on what gas you have in the tank (oxygenated with ethanol or not), the outside air temperature, etc. At least mine do. As long as they aren't straying too far from 128, you should be OK.

Also, the "limits" for BLM's are 150 on the rich end and 106 on the lean end. (Note: I'm doing this from memory, so I may be off a bit on those values - not at home, can't look up the values). Your BLM's can't adjust more than these values. If one of your BLM's goes to 150 (for example), you need to do something to fix it, because the ECU has reached its adjustment limit. Maybe somebody can confirm my numbers above, since I've learned to never 100% trust my memory...

Hope this helps...

As long as your other cells are within reason I wouldn't worry about the idle BLM. You could have a slight vacuum leak somewhere.

Back