Quickest & Fastest GN Running a Completely Stock Engine on Alky & Mods?

...I have been told by many that the 200s can't take the abuse of 30 psi and 500 plus horse power levels for to long before the clutches go. They have said 4th only has 2 clutches as opposed to 3rds 4 or 5 clutches?

You can and should add more clutches at even 120mph in a full weight car. Before that even, imho. A fully built 200 will take upwards of 750rwhp I've heard, and I've seen one live at 682rwhp for a long time. They won't take 900rwhp, or even 877rwhp...I seen that too, not on my car though.

You can and should add more clutches at even 120mph in a full weight car. Before that even, imho. A fully built 200 will take upwards of 750rwhp I've heard, and I've seen one live at 682rwhp for a long time. They won't take 900rwhp, or even 877rwhp...I seen that too, not on my car though.

Agree 100%!!!!!!

yes i was running the stock shortblock at the time,on the ta49 quickest it went 11.1 on the track,boost never went over 27 on that combo.new combo is in the 10's on pump gas alky with even more gear.i have a billet duel fed 200 in there now that is handling 10 sec duty at full weight its proved stronger than the rear end that broke back in june.

Been there broke my rear end in north carolina at T/B .com nats

I now have a 12 bolt!!

yes i was running the stock shortblock at the time,on the ta49 quickest it went 11.1 on the track,boost never went over 27 on that combo.new combo is in the 10's on pump gas alky with even more gear.i have a billet duel fed 200 in there now that is handling 10 sec duty at full weight its proved stronger than the rear end that broke back in june.
i have the same turbo with 42lb inj, alky,cam is a 212-206,stock heads with some port work fresh springs and valves look foward to playin with the gears with this combo. will check weight of car it is a ttop

Been there broke my rear end in north carolina at T/B .com nats

I now have a 12 bolt!!

Out of curiosity, and I'm cheap and hoping mine will live as is, were either of you running a girdled rear end cover when your rear's let go? I'm hoping to see if they make a difference or not but if you had them, I need to add to my budget allowance...:(

Out of curiosity, and I'm cheap and hoping mine will live as is, were either of you running a girdled rear end cover when your rear's let go? I'm hoping to see if they make a difference or not but if you had them, I need to add to my budget allowance...:(
YEP!!!

Had mosler axels , TA cover and aftermarket eaton!!!

Mine did happen off Trans brake!!!

JD

jdsgnx said:
YEP!!!

Had mosler axels , TA cover and aftermarket eaton!!!

Mine did happen off Trans brake!!!

JD

Thanks. I'm sticking to the foot brake though so I'll see how long it lasts with just a cover. I have a lot of 1.6x 60's though and 85k miles on an otherwise stock rear though so it has to go sometime...

Thanks. I'm sticking to the foot brake though so I'll see how long it lasts with just a cover. I have a lot of 1.6x 60's though and 85k miles on an otherwise stock rear though so it has to go sometime...

Keep up what your DOING!!!

JD

133k on my motor which Im gonna "assume" is stock. Havent had it apart. Just a timing chain and springs. Nothing else. Mods in sig. Runs great.