Quickest & Fastest GN Running a Completely Stock Engine on Alky & Mods?

running 3.42 and 26's are the same as running 3.73 and 28's

over the years i have talked to many people that have done this same thing just to find out the havent gainned anything

for best results 28 and 3.42 seem to keep the stock cam very happy!!!

JD

running 3.42 and 26's are the same as running 3.73 and 28's

over the years i have talked to many people that have done this same thing just to find out the havent gainned anything

for best results 28 and 3.42 seem to keep the stock cam very happy!!!

JD

Yep one of my buddies did that in the 90s He said he didnt pick up anything.

Well my car came with 373s installed by the previous owner...

Not saying it is a bad thing. I is just for a stock cam a 3.2X gear is probably best. Which would mean 28s and a 3.42 gear. I am running a 255/60/15 DR now which is a 27" tall tire. I trapped at 127 with those and a stock gear.

Not saying it is a bad thing. I is just for a stock cam a 3.2X gear is probably best. Which would mean 28s and a 3.42 gear. I am running a 255/60/15 DR now which is a 27" tall tire. I trapped at 127 with those and a stock gear.

In 3rd gear?? With a stock cam too? What was you RPMs at the other end?

3rd gear stock cam. I will have to look at the RPMS I dont remember what they were. Probably 5500 ish. But that is just a guess at this point.

3rd gear stock cam. I will have to look at the RPMS I dont remember what they were. Probably 5500 ish. But that is just a guess at this point.

that sounds about right, but is a little high for a stock cam

JD

i ran the stock motor to 125mph with a 4.10 gear 28 tire.car had a mild port head.i used od and a ta49 on drag radials it went 1.55 60fts.i have hurt a few 200's but never the od and the car had a 25mph backhalf at 3832lbs.

i ran the stock motor to 125mph with a 4.10 gear 28 tire.car had a mild port head.i used od and a ta49 on drag radials it went 1.55 60fts.i have hurt a few 200's but never the od and the car had a 25mph backhalf at 3832lbs.

What where your rpm's??? On the end of the run???

Car needs to go on a diet that's heavy 3800 lbs

i would have to dig up some old slips to be sure but i believe it was around the 4000rpm range,i locked the converter in 3rd.the car is heavy because im one of those guys that want the show and go.a full stereo is a must:)

That is amazing with such a heavy car. I've never heard of a TA49 going much over 120mph. What exhaust housing? And the fact your 4th gear planet took a locked up shift from third, very impressive, somewhat lucky too I think, but cool. Thanks for sharing.

i would have to dig up some old slips to be sure but i believe it was around the 4000rpm range,i locked the converter in 3rd.the car is heavy because im one of those guys that want the show and go.a full stereo is a must:)

Is that 1/8th or 1/4 mile??

JD

ex housing that went the fastest was a garret .63,i did use a pte .63 that went 120mph on just pump gas alky.

Wow you are using 4:10s and using OD through the lights??? I thought 4th or OD is weak ???? I'm confused here, because I run 3:70s and was to
D to go back to 3:42s and 28 tires to go throughout the lights in 3rd gear. I run 30 psi with a completly stock engine .

i run my cars through 4 gears on the 200 and it always went quicker the more gear i gave it,never needed alot of boost to move the car.

i run my cars through 4 gears on the 200 and it always went quicker the more gear i gave it,never needed alot of boost to move the car.

So is your engines short block stock? How much boost are you running? What's your mph? Weight? And ETs?
Now I'm re thinking if going back to the stock 3:42s are going to be the better choice here if I run 28 inch tall drag radials??? Im running 3:73s now.....I'm shooting for high 10s on pump gas and Alky. Car has run 121 mph so far so I'm still looking for a few more mph in the car. I have been told by many that the 200s can't take the abuse of 30 psi and 500 plus horse power levels for to long before the clutches go. They have said 4th only has 2 clutches as opposed to 3rds 4 or 5 clutches?