Reputable allignment shop - The Woodlands / Conroe / "north" Houston

cronanzone

Just finished all of my suspension and steering work. looking for a quality alignment shop in the Houston "area"

I live about 40 miles north of Houston so anything in the woodlands / Conroe / Montgomery area would be preferred.

Any help guys?

Happy with the way it all turned out, ready to get it on the road...hopeful someone has a recommendation for a good shop in my area. TIA
IMG_20181229_152232__01.jpg
IMG_20190106_155856__01.jpg
IMG_20181230_113103__01.jpg
Project - Drawing 11719162031408711719.png
IMG_20181230_113114.jpg

Not sure about a shop but I’m getting ready to do the same thing.

Any suggestions? I have all the parts and will be tearing into it by this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet looking car!
I would personally find a shop that has the correct alignment equipment, with someone who has been around.
You can do that by visiting the shop, and interviewing the technician. If they don't want to chat, walk away.

Whatever you decide to do, DO NOT, EVER, leave your car at a monkey shop with the keys for a blown motor joy ride!
If they ask to leave the car and the keys, tell them you will be back wen they are ready.

Any suggestions? I have all the parts and will be tearing into it by this weekend.

I am by no means an expert and the overall install was pretty straightforward. Time was my friend as I didnt get in a rush. I did it over the holidays and usually only worked a couple hours at a time. one specific issue that is really related to my install is the lower control arms from spohn performance have a very high "collar" where a typical coil spring would sit.... Makes it a real pain in the butt adjusting coilovers. I basically had to bend my spanner wrench at a 45 degree angle to be able to adjust it - even doing that you need a lot of beer and a lot of patience.

Global West makes some coilover specific lowers that I could see being very easy to deal with when you're talking about ride height adjustment. Dollar-for-dollar though I got such a good deal on the spohn stuff it's worth the headache. As for the Aldan American coilover kit, it was very high quality and easy to install.

the toughest part is obviously getting everything off and doing good preparation. Take ur time and enjoy the work, that's my advice.

Good luck!

Sweet looking car!
I would personally find a shop that has the correct alignment equipment, with someone who has been around.
You can do that by visiting the shop, and interviewing the technician. If they don't want to chat, walk away.

Whatever you decide to do, DO NOT, EVER, leave your car at a monkey shop with the keys for a blown motor joy ride!
If they ask to leave the car and the keys, tell them you will be back wen they are ready.

Thanks. Sound advice. I actually talked to Ella paint and body in spring today and their tech seems like he has a head on his shoulders I think I'm going to swing by there and look at their equipment

I'll report back and let you know what I find out for future reference in this thread

I am by no means an expert and the overall install was pretty straightforward. Time was my friend as I didnt get in a rush. I did it over the holidays and usually only worked a couple hours at a time. one specific issue that is really related to my install is the lower control arms from spohn performance have a very high "collar" where a typical coil spring would sit.... Makes it a real pain in the butt adjusting coilovers. I basically had to bend my spanner wrench at a 45 degree angle to be able to adjust it - even doing that you need a lot of beer and a lot of patience.

Global West makes some coilover specific lowers that I could see being very easy to deal with when you're talking about ride height adjustment. Dollar-for-dollar though I got such a good deal on the spohn stuff it's worth the headache. As for the Aldan American coilover kit, it was very high quality and easy to install.

the toughest part is obviously getting everything off and doing good preparation. Take ur time and enjoy the work, that's my advice.

Good luck!

dc4e70447ece176e573804062d9129eb.jpg

I’m just finishing the new shop so I’m hoping that makes it a lot easier than the jack stands I’ve been using.

I picked up UMI users and lowers for a great price with sway bars and HR parts rears. Wilwood front brakes. I also took advantage of a Black Friday deal on Ridetechs street setup.

Should get interesting but I put a nice beer fridge in the shop and stocked it the other day lol

dc4e70447ece176e573804062d9129eb.jpg

I’m just finishing the new shop so I’m hoping that makes it a lot easier than the jack stands I’ve been using.

I picked up UMI users and lowers for a great price with sway bars and HR parts rears. Wilwood front brakes. I also took advantage of a Black Friday deal on Ridetechs street setup.

Should get interesting but I put a nice beer fridge in the shop and stocked it the other day lol

Wow, nice setup! One day.....one day.

Just finished all of my suspension and steering work. looking for a quality alignment shop in the Houston "area"

I live about 40 miles north of Houston so anything in the woodlands / Conroe / Montgomery area would be preferred.

Any help guys?

Happy with the way it all turned out, ready to get it on the road...hopeful someone has a recommendation for a good shop in my area. TIA
View attachment 333641View attachment 333642View attachment 333643View attachment 333644View attachment 333645
Looks awesome,great job

Good luck!

How is the ride with with spohn arms and aldan american coilovers? Any bumpsteer? I have Spohn uppers ,and Just purchased Aldan coilovers and thinking about getting spohn lower control arms to replace the DJM crap that has been on the car since 02.

Good luck!

How is the ride with with spohn arms and aldan american coilovers? Any bumpsteer? I have Spohn uppers ,and Just purchased Aldan coilovers and thinking about getting spohn lower control arms to replace the DJM crap that has been on the car since 02.

Spohn lca's - they say the bump stop is " in the same location, and is the same dimension" as OE lca. OE bump stop total net height is 2.75 in and is comprised entirely of a semi-compressive material. The spohn lca replace 2.00 of the net 2.75 height with steel post, capping it with a .75 in prothane hard insert. Yes, the height remains the same. Yes the location remains the same. No, the 2 designs are not the same. You will lose travel with the spohn lowers. I had to sand the bump stops down to 7/16 to make it drivable. They blew me off on this issue, all good - I'm right though.

Second thing to note, the spohn lowers have a pretty high spring "collar". If you're using coilovers with these lca's, pack a very large lunch... You're going to need it if you plan on adjusting your ride height. I ran out of beer and cuss words 1 hr into it. Again, this is coilover specific. You can't get the damn spanner wrench in there. If I had to do it over, I would buy the global west lca specifically for coilover application. they are double reinforced at the t-bar location and also are a open design eliminating the collar. Even though they are more money, I would do it given a do-over. Don't get me wrong, the spohn product is well made, sturdy as hell....but I don't care what they say, they missed on some very basic math with those bump stops and the design height. My car is only lowered about 1.5" and it only has about .50" travel up front, after I sandedvtgem down, and those inserts don't give at all.

Ultimately the fix is cutting the steel post on the bump stops down to ~ .75" and then adding a 2.00" inch progressive rate bump stop to the top of it.... that would make it right. I'm super excited about screwing with it again, lemme tell you.

Just my two cents....if you are going coilover I would go another direction, if you're running std springs u should be good.

Good luck

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Good luck!

Spohn lca's - they say the bump stop is " in the same location, and is the same dimension" as OE lca. OE bump stop total net height is 2.75 in and is comprised entirely of a semi-compressive material. The spohn lca replace 2.00 of the net 2.75 height with steel post, capping it with a .75 in prothane hard insert. Yes, the height remains the same. Yes the location remains the same. No, the 2 designs are not the same. You will lose travel with the spohn lowers. I had to sand the bump stops down to 7/16 to make it drivable. They blew me off on this issue, all good - I'm right though.

Second thing to note, the spohn lowers have a pretty high spring "collar". If you're using coilovers with these lca's, pack a very large lunch... You're going to need it if you plan on adjusting your ride height. I ran out of beer and cuss words 1 hr into it. Again, this is coilover specific. You can't get the damn spanner wrench in there. If I had to do it over, I would buy the global west lca specifically for coilover application. they are double reinforced at the t-bar location and also are a open design eliminating the collar. Even though they are more money, I would do it given a do-over. Don't get me wrong, the spohn product is well made, sturdy as hell....but I don't care what they say, they missed on some very basic math with those bump stops and the design height. My car is only lowered about 1.5" and it only has about .50" travel up front, after I sandedvtgem down, and those inserts don't give at all.

Ultimately the fix is cutting the steel post on the bump stops down to ~ .75" and then adding a 2.00" inch progressive rate bump stop to the top of it.... that would make it right. I'm super excited about screwing with it again, lemme tell you.

Just my two cents....if you are going coilover I would go another direction, if you're running std springs u should be good.

Good luck

Thanks for the insight! I have Aldan American front coilovers , pro forged .5 tall upper and lower Ball joints that need to be installed. And wanted to replace the DJM lower control arms with some UMI, speedtech or spohns, but wasnt too sure, since I have a bit of a bumpsteer issue and I already have a spohn bumpsteer kit. i was looking at the spohns only to have all one brand, but after your input, Im thinking anything but the spohns!

Good luck!

Good luck

Thanks for the insight! I have Aldan American front coilovers , pro forged .5 tall upper and lower Ball joints that need to be installed. And wanted to replace the DJM lower control arms with some UMI, speedtech or spohns, but wasnt too sure, since I have a bit of a bumpsteer issue and I already have a spohn bumpsteer kit. i was looking at the spohns only to have all one brand, but after your input, Im thinking anything but the spohns!

No prob, again those are just my personal xperiences w the product. Not knocking their brand. Just facts. Looks like both umi and speed tech designed their lca w shorter post, too.
Good call. Lemme know how it turns out

Good luck!

Good luck

No prob, again those are just my personal xperiences w the product. Not knocking their brand. Just facts. Looks like both umi and speed tech designed their lca w shorter post, too.
Good call. Lemme know how it turns out

Will do! Thanks again!