You can type here any text you want

Scared the %%%/ out of me for a second!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Just installed a boost controller and THOUGHT i had it all doaled in. I got on it--boost climbed, then i heardd a POP...POW. I proceeded to shit my pants. My AF ratio stayed at 10, and it was stumbling bad. I limped it home and opened the hood and found this----I thoight for sure head gasket city.....phewwwww
That's the fun stuff to break:D

You can also build your own bead roller:

Or, go to a machine shop and have someone roll a bead for you. That is what I did.

Glad it was OK. Scared the hell out of me first time it happened to me.
Thanks for posting that. One of those "now why didn't I think of that!" things.

Dude, that bead rolling vid was on point. I am going to try that tommorrow thanks.

I guess....now I am anointed to the Grand National holy grail.

Once, while someone (a friend of mine) was making a pass in my car, he blew the inlet pipe off at almost mid-track. I was able to hear the pop from the starting line. But to make things more scary, I saw two giant fire balls spew from the tailpipes! I almost immediately died thinking the motor just exploded.

Turns out, when the inlet pipe blows off under boost, a huge amount of un-burnt fuel that is no longer needed ends up being tossed out into the exhaust. Then it is ignited by the soon to follow combustion events. Hence, the giant fire ball!

I shouldn't have to tell you how relieved I was to find the inlet pipe was blown off when he got back to the pits. BTW, The driver (Brian C.) knew what it was the instant it happened and never even flinched.

Yes....the hood is good. I removed the torn up isolator a while ago. Looks cleaner to me that way. One day when I get money like some of you guys on here...i will get me a new one. Been looking at the ones from hoodskins recently. Yes...i got a major sick feeling. Kinda like a $$ck me feeling when tax time comes around. Im a black dude and i can guarantee from the neck up I was pale as shit. Yes, i am going to change the oil this weekend to be safe probably. And tighten up every damn hose there is. Matter of fact make that a part of routine maintenance. I was about 5 miles out and had not hit the highway yet. I did secure the hose and she ran like a champ.
Hoodskinz are on sale thru Saturday 1/31 for $189 plus shipping! Go to our site for more details. Stock appearing logo only is on sale. http://www.buickgn.com/Hoodskinz.htm

You can also build your own bead roller:

Or, go to a machine shop and have someone roll a bead for you. That is what I did.

Glad it was OK. Scared the hell out of me first time it happened to me.

Just did this yesterday, works great!

Just installed a boost controller and THOUGHT i had it all doaled in. I got on it--boost climbed, then i heardd a POP...POW. I proceeded to shit my pants. My AF ratio stayed at 10, and it was stumbling bad. I limped it home and opened the hood and found this----I thoight for sure head gasket city.....phewwwww
I call that Tuesday. I've got all other pipes to stay, but that one pops off alot. I'm working on some custom clamps.

Yes that does scare the $h!+ out of you for the first time when you hear that pop. I call it a learning experience.All TB owners should experience that sound , then you will do what your mother always told you to do ,wear clean underwear when you go out !! Lol

Yes that does scare the $h!+ out of you for the first time when you hear that pop. I call it a learning experience.All TB owners should experience that sound , then you will do what your mother always told you to do ,wear clean underwear when you go out !! Lol

I agree....got the pipe removed and will be making a tool today or tommorrow to do this. More than anything I was like...there goes more money!

Another thing you might look into is a longer hose once you get it rolled... than you won't have to worry... I had to replace mine on the compressor side after blowing it off a few times on the highway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Another thing you might look into is a longer hose once you get it rolled... than you won't have to worry... I had to replace mine on the compressor side after blowing it off a few times on the highway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Or he could turn the boost down. But we all know that will never happen!:D

Or he could turn the boost down. But we all know that will never happen!:D
Theres a better chance of you turning the boost down on that monster of yours! Not gonna happen....i will researcj longer hoses as well...lol.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Where did you get your pliers from....im about to get a set later on?
Home Depot

Make a couple passes around. Works pretty well. Not as pretty a real rolled bead but does the job and it's covered up anyway.

Last edited:
Back