SD2/Powerlogger Pro general discussion

Your DFCO settings are at zero, causing it to cut off.

I saw that, but thought that that would disable DFCO, but saw that it was still being enabled. With zero's in both the enable/disable rpm settings what is the ultimate result??

After a great deal of testing, I have found the best settings for me to be an Enable RPM of 1600, a Disable RPM of 1100, and an Enable MPH to be 35 if that helps anyone.

, I have found the best settings for me to be an Enable RPM of 1600, a Disable RPM of 1100, and an Enable MPH to be 35 if that helps anyone.
My car is a TB 400 if that matters since I do not a have a 200 4r . I will try to load them figures and see what happens . Thanks ,

Don't make any changes until Eric and/or Bob can chime in and figure out why DFCO is even being enabled. I don't see how it is, with zero's in the rpm settings.

a bug perhaps....

use dave's settings, I'm sure they will work fine.

Bob

I loaded the figures in it and fixed it from cutting off . Thanks again ,my mistake for not reading instructions , LOL .

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Any more input for my logs

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

I've been meaning to follow up. sorry about that.

does the CF change (from turning on the lights) happen (or is noticable) just at idle, or during cruise.

on the MAP wiring to the TPS voltage and ground wires at the ecm, did you disconnect the wiring from the dash gauge ?

Bob

The cf only drop like that when I turn on the light. I can be cruising or have the car idleing in the driveway. The wire is not hooked up to the dash at all.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

ok, wierd.

anyway, the times I have seen this kind of thing it only affected light throttle driving and idle. So we can worry about it later.

how is the driveability when cruising and light accel?

Bob

I have a very small hunting at idle , the cf are real close , what is a simple check to help this problem , the floating bubble stays with in 4 cell blocks while idling kindy in a small round motion , this worse in park and fine in drive .

I have a very small hunting at idle , the cf are real close , what is a simple check to help this problem , the floating bubble stays with in 4 cell blocks while idling kindy in a small round motion , this worse in park and fine in drive .

My cure was to make the cells in the spark table the same timing (mine is 28°) where it is at idle.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I've been keeping up with this thread for a while and I've seen some mention of this but no real solution: I plugged in my SD2 chip (version 1.1) for the very first time a little while ago. Started it up to see what happens, and all seems good at the moment. Made a short log and downloaded the tune (.bin file). Came inside and copied both over to my desktop. Log file opens fine like it should, I can review it no problem, but when I hit the Tune button I get an error "Could not connect and no cal data currently loaded" This should not happen, correct? I should be able to access all that info through the Tune button?

Went back to my laptop and started up the PL console, and same thing there - I can open the log file just fine, but when I hit the Tune button I get the same error message.

I had also assumed that I would be able to edit a bin file on my desktop and then copy it over to my laptop for uploading to the PL. I don't see how to upload a bin file into the PL software, except through the tune page, which I can't seem to access. Should I be able to edit a bin file on my desktop like that, and save it, or does all editing have to be done with the laptop connected to the ecm?

My PL software version is 2.1.2, and I reflashed my PL with PL042.s19. I think those are the latest.

Any ideas?

Went back to my laptop and started up the PL console, and same thing there - I can open the log file just fine, but when I hit the Tune button I get the same error message.
Mine does the same thing and I have all the latest update , mine is like hitting the lottery sometimes it will work like it supposed too then you get that message , I think I read somewhere the pl software version has a bug in it and Bob is working on it .

I had also assumed that I would be able to edit a bin file on my desktop and then copy it over to my laptop for uploading to the PL. I don't see how to upload a bin file into the PL software,
I do not believe that will work either , my experience is it has to be on with the switch on in the car to do any editing or copying not in your laptop or desktop away from the car .

John, is it possible you didn't save the log until after you disconnected the PL? When you save a log, it still needs to be connected so it can get the tune from the PL.

For editing a bin offline, you need Tunerpro and a definition file for it (Bob or I can email it to you). You can't edit it offline with PLC.

Ah, yes, I did not save the log until after I had turned the key off. Thanks Eric! I will go see what happens if I save the log with it still connected.

Thanks for letting me know about off line tuning. I'll just make any changes with it online.

I am really looking forward to playing with this thing! It's been a long while since I was this excited about playing with my car!

John

For editing a bin offline, you need Tunerpro and a definition file for it (Bob or I can email it to you). You can't edit it offline with PLC.

Could you elaborate more on this. I would like to learn how to do this.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app