SD2/Powerlogger Pro general discussion

Finally had time to order my chip. Got new sensor in up pipe, just have to figure out wiring extension.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You always need a target AFR to calculate the fuel. It doesn't matter if its open loop or closed loop.
Both of those settings will use the target A/F from the big table in the PL software, but 9.7 has closed loop on, and 9.8 has closed loop off.
Make sense?
What is the advantage over each one ?

using the 9.8 (98) and 9.7 (97) settings uses the target AFR from the table on the tune page. Lots of flexibility for tuning there.

But if you want to make adjustments using only the pedal-stomp method, without the laptop. Then those cells let you set the afr to something very easily. If you turn off closed loop by setting them to 9.9 (99), then the chip will use its internal defaults.

Bob

Bob/Eric, as I told you about my laptop demise, I decided to try some of those "pedal stomp" adjustments via the scanmaster. Since I have a moderately close tune now, but can't get access to the VE or target AFR tables (because of my sick sick laptop), so I made some cell adjustments. What I did was change cells 2, 3, and 4 from 97 to specific Air Fuel ratio values. I set cell 2(idle cell) to 14.5 (145), and set cell 3(cruise cell) to 15.0 (150), and finally set cell 4 (WOT cell) to 11.3 (113).
Car still drives perfectly with outstanding throttle response, particularly the 1/2 throttle or below stuff that one uses on the street all the time.
I did notice, that while set to the values above, the idle cell hung around closer to 14.2-14.3, and the cruise cell hung around closer to 14.8ish. Didn't do any WOT pulls this time out, just too much traffic.

I keyed off between each cell adjustment, was that needed???? It's been so long since I made "cell" adjustment on my Extender Pro, I don't remember having to key off when moving from adjusting one cell to another???

The motor is bone stock except for MSD 50 injectors, PTE44 turbo, V2 Front mount, and 200/200 cam.

The reason I ask my car does not like them any lean figures at all like what you are running . I was playing with mine and noticed lean was not mean with mine , like I say I just playing with the chip some .

My car has always loved stoiceometric AFR during warm idle and cruise. It does however need something closer to 12-12.5:1 during cold engine warm up. And this chip takes care of that. It's moderately rich from cold start to warmup.

Is there still a 2 degree spark reduction in 3rd-4th?

If so, does the spark listed in the spark table represent 1-2 gear spark? Can you turn off the reduction?

Thanks

It adds 2 degrees in low gears. So the spark table is the timing, but there will be 2 degrees added below approx 60mph. Currently, you can't change that. I can take it out of the chip if you don't want it.

I keyed off between each cell adjustment, was that needed???? It's been so long since I made "cell" adjustment on my Extender Pro, I don't remember having to key off when moving from adjusting one cell to another???

Yes, you need to key off between adjustments if using the gas pedal method.

Eric

“AFR Correction”. , I only see this only when using 9.7 or 10 or higher , 9.8 9.9 does not show this , it that the way it is supposed to work or am I missing something ?

That's correct. That's the difference between open loop and closed loop. Closed loop=correction, open loop=no correction.

Some of us, like me, are just harder to teach than others. ;)

This chip is still kicking my ass.
I've increased the injector size to 51lb, reduced the inj offset to 26, and I finally have it lean enough to cruise at 14.4-15.0 with only around -5% correction.
Now it's so lean cold it dies when I put it in gear, and has a lean stumble that's bad enough to have parameter 12 all the way up to 190 to get it cleared up a little, and parameter 11 up to around 160. The WB is reading in the 10s cold, and it smells that rich. Once it warms up and goes into closed loop, it's 13.5, and the stumble is all but gone.
WOT with the alky is still has the WB buried at 10.0, and it's sluggish as hell. I've changed parameters 7 and 8 to 125, and it's not getting any better.
My 5.7 chip was flawless....getting frustrated.

This chip is still kicking my ass.
I've increased the injector size to 51lb, reduced the inj offset to 26, and I finally have it lean enough to cruise at 14.4-15.0 with only around -5% correction.
Now it's so lean cold it dies when I put it in gear, and has a lean stumble that's bad enough to have parameter 12 all the way up to 190 to get it cleared up a little, and parameter 11 up to around 160. The WB is reading in the 10s cold, and it smells that rich. Once it warms up and goes into closed loop, it's 13.5, and the stumble is all but gone.
WOT with the alky is still has the WB buried at 10.0, and it's sluggish as hell. I've changed parameters 7 and 8 to 125, and it's not getting any better.
My 5.7 chip was flawless....getting frustrated.

Post a log of it idling and cruising a little bit, warmed up.

Here's a log of me cruising a little with the 42's and SD2 chip. You can look at see how I had things set up for those injectors.
If your car is way off, then maybe there is some other issue, like MAP sensor or something.

Eric

Attachments

• 42lb gas sd2 good.dat
    267.5 KB · Views: 231