SD2/Powerlogger Pro general discussion

Starting to fine-tune mine and wanted to verify something. Is this correct?: to monitor correction factor on scanmaster while driving you switch to "cf" and whily you're operating in the various ranges (parameters 5-8) it displays the correction factor for that range? Example- at cruise my cf is 115, so by my understanding it's pulling 10% fuel and still unable to maintain the target a/f. If I accelerate lightly to 0psi it jumps to 128 (parameter 6 range, no correction?) If I pull 10% fuel from parameter 5 that would give me another 10% window for it to pull fuel till it can maintain target a/f? Also, my wot is buried at 10.0 and the car is a slug up top, rather than shift injector size or offset can I just trim a bunch of fuel with parameter 8 so as to not affect the rest of the ranges? It runs awesome everywhere else and the driveability is great!

if you can post a log, we can dig deeper. the chip turns corrections off during spool, so you need to look at target af vs actual at that point which is easier to do in PLC.

sounds like we are getting there.

how are you liking those toyo's?

Bob

I haven't quite mastered logging, sometimes it records, sometimes not... my ahem, "track" demands my full attention while driving, I need to do a few dry runs Iin the driveway or recruit one of my competent buddies to jockey the laptop. Then after I have some saved files im gonna hafta figure out how to post them here which will be another challenge. Im not real internet savvy which is sad considering my age.

The toyos are awesome, cant believe theyre not more popular. They stick like glue when warm, ride nice, and I have about 3k street miles on them with little wear. I can resist peer pressure pretty well though, a few show off burnouts on the street would kill em quickly for sure. Theyre a great fit on the gta wheels and dont rub at all.ill buy another set-

i tend to do the logging manually. I set the laptop up monitoring, and then hit space when there is something "interesting" to record. you can be up to 40 seconds late in hitting the space, since the PLC will start the log with up to 40 seconds of "pre-store" data.

they I either stop the log and save it, or use the F5 quicksave.

Bob

I just press the space bar too. Easy enough. To upload the file, in the response window there is a button "Upload a File" at the bottom right. Click it and browse your computer for the file. Same for a picture.

Thanks for the tips, my mission for the next couple days is to get good at logging. Honestly I havent experimented much with it, I installed it last fall, confirmed it was working, the the snow came. One issue I have is: my laptop is pretty big and I do most of my "testing" at night. The screen is blindingly bright, and it goes to sleep like every couple minutes if I dont do anything. Usually i have to partially close it so i can see then fumble for the space bar etc and it just complicates matters. I'm running windows 7, do you know where the controls are to dim the screen and set it to stay awake longer? Sorry if its a stupid question, I know how to do it on my phone lol just not the compy.

Control panel to system and security to power options to change when computer sleeps.

thanks pronto, i have it all optimized for car use while on battery.

well i put on my big boy pants and obtained some logs and did some fiddling. i developed a pretty good rhythm of getting on the highway, log, then get off next exit to save, make small changes and prepare for next run. rather than flood this thread with my logs, i'll post them in the "sd2 impressions" thread i started last week. looking forward to criticism!

wow, posting logs was a piece of cake! i'll try a pic here, i have a couple shots of my toyo tq's for bob to see. then i'll quit diluting this thread. thanks for everybody's help

Attachments

• toyo drag radials 002.JPG
    toyo drag radials 002.JPG
    592 KB · Views: 224
  • toyo drag radials 001.JPG
    toyo drag radials 001.JPG
    712.2 KB · Views: 229
  • toyo drag radials 003.JPG
    toyo drag radials 003.JPG
    697.9 KB · Views: 225
question about reviewing...
when I am reviewing a log, not hooked up to the power logger, the tune tab does not allow me to change between the different tables and settings buttons. it just stays on the screen that it was on when I un plugged it from the power logger. and it wont et me review it at all on the tune tables if I didn't have it hooked up to the powerlogger.

any sggestions or not possible....

Bob i sent you a pm to further discuss the reviewing issue.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Please discuss the page issue here, I have the same problem on my win7 and win8 machines, xp machine I can access the tune pages offline.

Please discuss the page issue here, I have the same problem on my win7 and win8 machines, xp machine I can access the tune pages offline.

You can or can't???? If you can't access the tune pages offline then Bob has a cure. He worked on it Sunday and got mine cured. So PM Bob your email addy and he'll send you a new file.

Can't on the win 7 and win 8 laptops.

Can on the xp laptop.

Eric sent me the fix to test and now all 3 windows version are working to view the tune pages.

Turbodave, have you checked to see if your quicksave files increment automatically? Mine will create the first instance of the quicksave but doesn't increment the serial number so I get a "can't save file, file already exists error"

Thanks
Mike

I having a hard time trying to understand what is happening on the CF factors numbers , I thought if you target a number like 13.5 afr for example and when it gets close to that number it should read 0 CF but mine stays `10 all the time but my afr numbers is what I projected to , what am I missing ?

It means it is adding or subtracting 10% fuel (depending on Iif its a + or - 10) to achieve that target afr. It will only remove 10% and add 33%. Example: you had a target of 13.0 and your cf was showing -10 (cf 115 on your scanmaster) while you were operating in that tune range, and your wideband was showing 12.0, you know you need to lean out that perameter by at least 10% because your cf is already pulling 10% fuel and is still not able to achieve the 13.0 target afr.

It helps to monitor while driving with the data page open because the yellow box moves to whatever range you're operating in and you can watch the correction factor real time. i also discovered while reviewing logs that on the graph page you can toggle one of the bars to cf and see a graph that quickly shows any spikes out of the +\- 10ish range that would need tweaking.