SD2/Powerlogger Pro general discussion

is there a way to just load the settings from the previous pl ini file so that I don't have to transfer all the numbers from the old to the new file?

the numbers in the new ini file that I downloaded from your earlier post are not the same as the numbers that I had set in my previous ini file. example-the start up page, graph channels, vehicle speed scale, afr min max, analog 1 offset volts...and a few other customized values.

I could possibly be loading it wrong to my comp
I save it to desktop then unzip to my powerlogger folder. then there are two ini files (old and new) and it also has a new plc file to open the console.

The new PLC file shouldn't mess with your INI file.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2.

the file that I downloaded from the most recent update had a new plc and a new ini file. I opened the new plc and it was set up completely different than the last plc that I was usng. the ini fle is just the default settings. the new plc wasn't using the old ini file that I had adjusted to work with the vehicle speed scale, wide band offset and some other customized stuff.

im just wondering if this happens to other people or just me.
or I am not doing something right .

What was the purpose of the new plpro.zip file?

sorry guys im a tad bit slow with this comp. stuff. I think I figured it out.(way too many pl files going on here.)

Okay, so I went and installed my own chip last night and here are some files at idle and at cruise. It is running REALLY rich. For idle I set parameter 1 to 86 to bring the correction factor down. The engine seems to do a rhythmic surge at idle around 900rpm +/- 50 rpm. During cruise it is pulling out the max fuel and the WB is pegged at 10.0. What is my next step?

Attachments

• Huntsg sd2 chip at cruise 2.dat
    563 KB · Views: 112
  • Huntsg sd2 chip at idle 2.dat
    180.9 KB · Views: 120
looking at it, what is the lobe separation on that cam? you have 50 kpa MAP idling in neutral.

it looks a little tuning will clean it up.

once you have steady'd it out (or with the previous stuff) how is the idle? a little choppy? do you have a log from the previous setup?

Bob

Ok in Parameter 2,3,4 setting it to 9.7 the closed loop check box never comes on and the Decimal on the scanmaster never stops blinking.what am I doing wrong?

Shaun

Nothing wrong, those things were intended for the stock style chip. As long as you see the correction moving around, it's in closed loop.

Ok in Parameter 2,3,4 setting it to 9.7 the closed loop check box never comes on and the Decimal on the scanmaster never stops blinking.what am I doing wrong?

Shaun

Not sure if it makes any difference but did you set them to the called for 97, or 9.7 ?

Ok did some tuning and got it going pretty good but can't get rid of a surg in drive not moving. driving seems fine. Not sure what to do about the surg. here is some PL logs that was done today.

Attachments

• SD2 chip cruise.dat
    431 KB · Views: 106
  • SD2 chip cruise 2.dat
    218.5 KB · Views: 108
  • SD2 chip idle 2.dat
    502 KB · Views: 109
Couple things I see... your LC1 wideband signal is really "jagged", not sure whats going on there. Maybe double check wiring and grounds.

On the surge, I would idle it richer for now, to get it to settle down. Set the target a/f in the table to around 12.5, in the idle area. Once it settles down, then you slowly go leaner and fine tune the VE table. It's very possible with your cam that you'll need to stay in the 12.5 area though.

the spark advance rising from the 800 rpm column to the 1000 rpm column might be adding to the instability. flattening this might help some.

the same might be said for the VE table. it might need to be flatter and somewhat lower where you are idling.

Your cam is idling at a higher MAP reading than the default tables were set for. Its not a big deal to tune this out though.

Running it a little richer at idle for now (target AFR) will help stabilize it some.

where is the LC1 grounded?

Bob

the spark advance rising from the 800 rpm column to the 1000 rpm column might be adding to the instability. flattening this might help some.

the same might be said for the VE table. it might need to be flatter and somewhat lower where you are idling.

Your cam is idling at a higher MAP reading than the default tables were set for. Its not a big deal to tune this out though.

Running it a little richer at idle for now (target AFR) will help stabilize it some.

where is the LC1 grounded?

Bob

I have it grounded to the body by the E-brake bracket.