SD2/Powerlogger Pro general discussion

well, not really.

remember that what is changing is the fuel, so that will not (should not) affect the VE which describes the engine's efficiency.

the spark table is a description of the "ignition efficiency" of the engine also.

so, what we are doing with the fuel composition compensation is the following:

the sensor reading is used to control BLM cell 12 (which is the user parameter that you can change manually for the fuel, if you don't have the sensor) this relationship is tunable via a table.

the fuel composition value in BLM cell 12 directly increases the pulsewidth (running, transient, and cranking) to compensate for the increased delivery requirement due to the alky %

this value is then used to increase spark advance and add additional boost solenoid pulsewidth, these increases are tunable by a pair of tables.

make sense?

BTW, all this stuff works (pretty darn well), we are doing some final testing.

Bob

Bob or eric, could you post a picture of your sensor mounted and plumbing? Would like to see how it is all connected. What size lines are coming off the sensor?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'll take a picture later of my car. The sensor splices into the return line. I have a -6 line coming off the regulator, to the drivers inner fender connected to the flexfuel sensor. Then a -6 comes off the sensor to the back of the car. There are special fittings that adapt the sensor to AN fittings. I bought mine from Summit. I just have my sensor temporarily sitting on the inner fender for now until I figure out how I want to mount it.
Eric

How does that sensor work. 5vdc, 12vdc feed? How does the input come to the pl input?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The sensor needs 12v power, and the output is frequency. We are using the stock MAF input connector to read the sensor, so it doesn't connect to the PL Input board.

Why would I all of a sudden get boost drop? I hit 24psi in 1st and then it drops to 18 and then goes to 23psi in3rd.
My boost target is 23-24psi
Only thing I changed was spool mode from 185 to 250. could that do it?

Finally started using the NB tracking. I've only taken the one log. Do you think it is working as expected? It seemed the AFC would jump up and down. Is that the sawtooth sections? Thanks.

Attachments

• Steve NB tracking 1.dat
    1.1 MB · Views: 67
Bob, what are the conditions for NB tracking?
2 in the option field
14.5-14.7 in the AFR table but is there a limit to rpm or kpa and it goes to WB?
Doesn't work idling? What range?

Thanks.

Bob, what are the conditions for NB tracking?
2 in the option field
14.5-14.7 in the AFR table but is there a limit to rpm or kpa and it goes to WB?
Doesn't work idling? What range?

Thanks.

I can help answer most of your questions.
2 in option field
14.5-14.7 in the AFR table area you want it active. You set the rpm and kpa limits by how you populate the TAF table. I'll post mine and you can see what I mean.
Doesn't really work well for idle at all, so I set my idle cells to 14.3 which seems to work well. Some cars don't like it that lean.

Here's my TAF as of today:
Some may think it a bit aggressive but my car likes it.

05-27-14 TAF.jpg

Just installed the NB tracking in Casey's (87gnguy) GN. I believe this is an existing problem, but can someone help us diagnose the electrical dropouts that are occurring? See the attached PL file (frame # 573 for example). Thanks

Attachments

• casey after nb tracking 1.dat
    971.9 KB · Views: 60
Just installed the NB tracking in Casey's (87gnguy) GN. I believe this is an existing problem, but can someone help us diagnose the electrical dropouts that are occurring? See the attached PL file (frame # 573 for example). Thanks

The voltage is going to 0 volts , so you must have a power problem somewhere

the data dropping to 0 looks to be the ECM resetting, whether its resetting because of a battery/ignition feed issue or the voltage going to 0 is just the data being reinitialized is somewhat tough to tell.

have you seen this previously on Casey's car?

Bob