So why is the Gnx forum a graveyard ?

gnxparts

I don't understand such rare cars with som much to talk about an nothing, no stories , no parts , no pictures, people what gives?
Are you all staring at them in the garage ?
Let's talk GNX BADDEST BUICK

I would assume its because they stay as is. No changes, no new parts, not much driving...
In other words...they are tucked away as investments, not really used much nor tinkered with on the weekends.

If you scroll down the list on the GNX registry,sure you see the ultra low mile ones,but you also see ones with miles on them,so some owners are enjoying them and not saving them for investments !!!!! My bucket list was/is to obtain a GNX,and was to be a low mile car,but in recent times,I now have changed my tune,I don't want one with 2,3,5k miles(unless it was a good deal),I want to take it out and enjoy/experience it and not feel guilty about seeing miles accumulate on it.I put around 300-400 miles a year on my GN and TTA,so that is not really "racking them up",and would do the same with a GNX.
Which is why I put up a want add for an X to drive(a car in good condition w/ miles on it).I don't drive my 1,400 mile GN because of the state it is in,and really don't mind as the exact same car sits next to it to use,but if I had an X,you bet your azz I'd want to take it out !!!!If anyone is on the east coast ,has an X of this description,let me know.

THE PRICE FOR AN X WAS OUT OF MY PRICE RANGE SO I BUILT ONE. I WORKED ON 095 LAST YEAR,SO I HAD TIME TO COMPARE AND MAKE CHANGES TO MINE.. ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT I PUT AN ASTRO ROOF ON MINE,OTHERWISE IT'S ABOUT 95% THE SAME..(WITH SOME REPRODUCTION PARTS....REAR SUSP,FLAIRS,VENTS DASH,X BRACE,TURBO COVER..) I HAVE SOME GOOD FRIENDS THAT HELPED ME OBTAIN PARTS(ONE OF PARTS) ..LOVE THE CAR..

Coach is right on with his post. Most of our cars sit. I venture to guess that we may start to see some restoration/picture requests as some of the owners are returning the cars to as close to stock as they can.

One suggestion that I have is that when anyone spots a GNX they put up a post with the cars number and some info. The production numbers of the cars are super low and doing this will allow us as community on the forum to track the cars. Just starting a thread with the car number would be a HUGE help to anyone looking to purchase or restore the car in the future.

I drive mine a lot
Even to work
Just not in bad weather

Save miles for what reason?
Look at your age and realize you probably won't make 80 years old
Life is short
Unless you are getting ready to sell it AND it has crazy low miles (like under 5k) might as well drive it or sell it

If it gets wrecked or stolen I will simply buy another one with the agreed value policy I have

It's just a car man
Don't get me wrong I love them too but if it never moves is it there as art work? They aren't THAT pretty LOL

Fellow Gnx owners I'm sure are passionate about there cars and would love to talk about them . I agree let's gets the ball rolling and post some pics up of ANY Gnx.
As far as staring At them in the garage ? Not my speed nor is it fair to the car. I wouldn't like to married to a stripper and never to have slept with her, but allow the guy after me to do so.
Regardless I don't think if a couple of hindered miles a year would change the value of our Gnx. A fellas post some pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Be proud owners and show your pride off , let's not be afraid of showing them /using them because were waiting for them to turn into a Hemi cuda!
Who's first ?

Or how about a roll call?
If you post how about saying what number you own ?
Let's bring the community a bit closer!

Gnx 137 here bought it last year, super mint driver, jacket and a Ton of documents , love it and I do agree a Gnx Is not a grand national!

#028 in the near lane. He sold it to a person in California in 2010 or so, 22k miles at sale.

Here is 132 that I seen at the San Diego Auto Show

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1389334208124.jpg
    1389334208124.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 293
  • 1389334236368.jpg
    1389334236368.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 299
  • 1389334267083.jpg
    1389334267083.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 291
  • 1389334291755.jpg
    1389334291755.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 287
  • 1389334312642.jpg
    1389334312642.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 284
  • 1389334336688.jpg
    1389334336688.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 271
  • 1389334357777.jpg
    1389334357777.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 296
I can speak for #003 and #012. They are about 10 miles from my house...and have been for 20+ years.

Wow 003 and 012. That's some low number Gnx!
Yep...#003 is believed to be the car used by the designer that appears in the Black Air movie. He mentions it in his press fleet in the film. I remember when my friend took ownership in 90-91. He was so excited.