Stage 1, ta performace alum heads, blowing smoke and oil out of both breathers after fresh rebuild. less then 300 miles on engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil if you are smart stop the bleeding and get someone who knows these motors to have a look and either pull it or fix it. I cannot see any simple fix if the blow bye is that bad, also Chris at twisted 6 is an excellent option.
are they in Alabama

I already advised him to use Chris Hogeland.

Call Chris and ask him to rebuild your motor. Pull it and send it to him. He'll get you straight.

He did all my work and he is so easy to work with. Wouldn't use anyone else!

I already advised him to use Chris Hogeland.

Call Chris and ask him to rebuild your motor. Pull it and send it to him. He'll get you straight.

He did all my work and he is so easy to work with. Wouldn't use anyone else!

How do we know that the motor needs to be rebuilt? No diagnosis has been done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could very well could be right....maybe it doesn't, but like I said to the OP in a PM earlier this week, if it were "me", I would tear it down and start over.

I say that with some experience because I went through.....well, let's say sorta kinda the same situation with that rat-bastard.....ball bag Nick Micale. Though, fortunately for me, I never ran my motor. But for the kinda money (and damage to a $3000 crank and a torched turbo) the OP already has into this abortion (and that's putting it mildly because it's a total pooch screw) of a motor, I wouldn't risk throwing more time and money at it with the same cast of characters trying to "diagnose" it.

I think the video tells you everything you need to know! Something aint right.....

Nothing against Steve V, I'm sure he's a good dude, clearly, because he's making an effort to make it right and that's a stand-up guy in my book.

My suggestion to the OP is/was to send it to Chris Hogeland. He is a master with the "stage", TA, 109.....and you're not gonna find anyone better.

at least you got a new NOS hood liner :rolleyes: but burnt paint would really piss me off
try to stay positive
sorry for your loss, but these incidents have only strengthened my gut not to touch the black car and get something else to blow out
didn't guy name dusty do twisted six

You could very well could be right....maybe it doesn't, but like I said to the OP in a PM earlier this week, if it were "me", I would tear it down and start over.

I say that with some experience because I went through.....well, let's say sorta kinda the same situation with that rat-bastard.....ball bag Nick Micale. Though, fortunately for me, I never ran my motor. But for the kinda money (and damage to a $3000 crank and a torched turbo) the OP already has into this abortion (and that's putting it mildly because it's a total pooch screw) of a motor, I wouldn't risk throwing more time and money at it with the same cast of characters trying to "diagnose" it.

I think the video tells you everything you need to know! Something aint right.....

Nothing against Steve V, I'm sure he's a good dude, clearly, because he's making an effort to make it right and that's a stand-up guy in my book.

My suggestion to the OP is/was to send it to Chris Hogeland. He is a master with the "stage", TA, 109.....and you're not gonna find anyone better.
lol stand up guy? I text him many times he never wanted my car back. now that he is exposed he wants it back.

lol stand up guy? I text him many times he never wanted my car back. now that he is exposed he wants it back.
Post up the texts, I am in the air and can not. I was sick of dealing with a super picky boarder line unreasonable customer. I chatted with others had time to think things over and sent that email "current situation" .

Here's a hint: if the business offers to look at said problem with customer and customer refuse not sure whatelse you want the business to do.

Get it tordown, have the smoking gun of what I did wrong and there's your legal case? Without bringing it back to said business.

I am game. We can handle this legally.

I cant just snap my finger and voila I have a new engine builder.
Husek, Otto, Bison, Anderson, Cotton all very close to you. Paul Miller is very good guy. Lots of choices.

Builders love to go behind others and find mistakes and talk crap.

Last edited:
I cant just snap my finger and voila I have a new engine builder.
You also knew going into this my inexperience with Stage motors, however if your was a production 3.8 14 bolt pan and I installed the 109 pickup and oil rail support incorrectly the result would have been the same.

at least you got a new NOS hood liner :rolleyes: but burnt paint would really piss me off
try to stay positive
sorry for your loss, but these incidents have only strengthened my gut not to touch the black car and get something else to blow out
didn't guy name dusty do twisted six
He was given options if said paint the fender it would have been done, his body fillers didn't match. You have never screwed up doing anything?

Turbo has not been pr

Turbo has not been prooven to be torched. Maybe he should send it in for an inspection and if it's torched then it can be repaired and sold. He did not ask for any compensation etc . We changed the turbo because it did not spool as we where told it would. So we went with another vendor with turbo that was slightly smaller would fit that his low boost pump gas build.

He was given options if said paint the fender it would have been done, his body fillers didn't match. You have never screwed up doing anything?
yes sir I have screwed up many times ,its sucks and a learning and humbling experience, its sad because that is the only true way you learn , I hope you guys can figure it out , at least you are facing it and not hiding like most people would a real man, its a truly hard situation for both of you
trust is a funny thing it takes years to build and can be lost in a second, I hope the diagnosis of the problem is better than worse for both

but can you adjust my windows they are driving me nuts LOL

Going legal there is only 1 winner and that is the lawyers they get paid whether you win or lose. I understand how the legal system works and both parties would be better served coming to an agreement without throwing money at some lawyer. Be smart and settle.

don't take it the wrong way I am just giving my opinion on the situation not attacking you at all , I wish I had the knowledge that you do Steve and the skills , I am a shade tree mechanic at best mostly a garage queen and lover of Turbo Buicks history and lore . most important thing you can do or any of us can do is say ; what if that was my car, what would you do , sometimes no matter how hard it is , try to put yourself in the other persons shoes and always keep an opened mind. look at the situation from the other guys perspective with out bias, in the end it does boil down to how much money was spent
I do hope the dust settles and two gentleman ( fast with class ) can work it out , it might take a little roll in the front yard LOL

I do appologize for this rant as it should be in the turbo lounge now because we are not talking about anything technical (engine diagnosis )

I will did up some more screenshots and post once I get back home. Just landed with 1 hr drive ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.