Stage 1, ta performace alum heads, blowing smoke and oil out of both breathers after fresh rebuild. less then 300 miles on engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t offend me nor do I have an axe to grind with you as I do not know you.
I offered to look at the original posters car to help him diagnose it.
It was never my intention to help him just to find a reason to talk crap about you.
Thanks nice to know thanks.

Otto you are a smart cookie does that blow bye look like an easy fix?
Blow by at an idle is typically ring seal or a blown head gasket.
for all these guys bringing up a bad PCV valve, a bad PCV valve cannot cause blow by while idling or reving the car. Your PCV valve is under vacuum in these conditions not pressure.
It is actually pulling some of the blow by into the intake not creating more.

A bad PCV valve WILL give you blow by under boost as the boost will be putting positive pressure into the crank case and the breathers will be the release point.

Steve will be liable for it once we get get down to the bottom of the issue. He is not a stand up guy contrary to what you think of him. He was cool I don’t know what happened to him. Maybe all this grand vision he has in his head how great he is has gotten his ego inflated. But I have unlimited resources and will take this to higher degree mark my words. It will take time.
Yes I have a text how say state you lost $220k on month you must be rich!

To the OP. Man up and find the issue. People fuck up. Steve has owned up to it. The dude flew out to Boston to help me with my car for a few hours. It wasn’t a convenience trip where he was in Boston anyway. He came to help me and that was the only reason to fly up. It was a bonus that he happens to be from MA and was able to see family during the short 24 hour stay. The dude works countless hours and sometimes 7 days a week to feed his family and help out the TB community. Is he perfect? No. Neither is anyone else here. I fix jet aircraft for a living. I’ve done my best to fix aircraft and I fix them as if my family is flying on that jet in the morning. This trash talk internet wine bag bullshit is fucking lame. Man up and find the problem. He offered to help and admitted his fuck up. It’s extremely hard for a man to admit he is wrong but that shows how much of a man he is. Swallowed his pride and admitted a mistake initially. I’ve taken planes out on confidence flights for hours before I call it airworthy. Shit happens. Things seem fine for 300 miles and he slapped his “airworthiness “ on your car. Who knows what was done after the fact ( not saying it’s your fault either)

Just really tired of the TB community becoming whiney bitch bags lately. Man up, google how to do a leak down check, go to harbor freight and get some equipment and find the source of the issue. It’s the price we pay for going with a builder that lives a good distance away from us. I sent my engine 600 miles away from me. Hope this issue gets fixed. Good luck to both of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blow by at an idle is typically ring seal or a blown head gasket.
for all these guys bringing up a bad PCV valve, a bad PCV valve cannot cause blow by while idling or reving the car. Your PCV valve is under vacuum in these conditions not pressure.
It is actually pulling some of the blow by into the intake not creating more.

A bad PCV valve WILL give you blow by under boost as the boost will be putting positive pressure into the crank case and the breathers will be the release point.
So if it was running great when delivered and now has a blown HG I am on the hook for it....LOL....that's not how it happens.

YOU have so much time on your hands to post, youtube etc. only if you could build a motor as good as you post. dude go practice on Charlie's motor in boston. you need some more on the job training. at the customers expense. And yes anyone that lives in ny usually has money to combat these types of circumstances and not just go away like you would like it to.

To the OP. Man up and find the issue. People fuck up. Steve has owned up to it. The dude flew out to Boston to help me with my car for a few hours. It wasn’t a convenience trip where he was in Boston anyway. He came to help me and that was the only reason to fly up. It was a bonus that he happens to be from MA and was able to see family during the short 24 hour stay. The dude works countless hours and sometimes 7 days a week to feed his family and help out the TB community. Is he perfect? No. Neither is anyone else here. I fix jet aircraft for a living. I’ve done my best to fix aircraft and I fix them as if my family is flying on that jet in the morning. This trash talk internet wine bag bullshit is fucking lame. Man up and find the problem. He offered to help and admitted his fuck up. It’s extremely hard for a man to admit he is wrong but that shows how much of a man he is. Swallowed his pride and admitted a mistake initially. I’ve taken planes out on confidence flights for hours before I call it airworthy. Shit happens. Things seem fine for 300 miles and he slapped his “airworthiness “ on your car. Who knows what was done after the fact ( not saying it’s your fault either)

Just really tired of the TB community becoming whiney bitch bags lately. Man up, google how to do a leak down check, go to harbor freight and get some equipment and find the source of the issue. It’s the price we pay for going with a builder that lives a good distance away from us. I sent my engine 600 miles away from me. Hope this issue gets fixed. Good luck to both of you.

Thank you Charlie. So you are not one of the 10 PM's he has saying I blew up motors?

more deflecting blah blah. he has a couple of sheep and jumps on the bandwagon. I have been here since 2001 not one bad post except gbody and that was for 70$ can you imagine what extent I will go to that I spent x amount of money and I provided all the parts

Watching his video though IMO (from the video) I do not see blow by at all.
Up here in the North East we get quite a bit of condensation in our motors and as they warm up if you watch the breathers you will see the condensation burning off though the breathers as it warms up.
This is totally normal.

Now if you rev the throttle and see a it pushing air 10 fold you have a problem.
If you have that much blow by block off one breather, remove the other breather and put you hand over hte hole and see if you start getting positive pressure, if you do there is a problem. If not there is no problem the will show at idle

Watching his video though IMO (from the video) I do not see blow by at all.
Up here in the North East we get quite a bit of condensation in our motors and as they warm up if you watch the breathers you will see the condensation burning off though the breathers as it warms up.
This is totally normal.

Now if you rev the throttle and see a it pushing air 10 fold you have a problem.
If you have that much blow by block off one breather, remove the other breather and put you hand over hte hole and see if you start getting positive pressure, if you do there is a problem. If not there is no problem.
it was 80 degrees here yesterday.

YOU have so much time on your hands to post, youtube etc. only if you could build a motor as good as you post. dude go practice on Charlie's motor in boston. you need some more on the job training. at the customers expense. And yes anyone that lives in ny usually has money to combat these types of circumstances and not just go away like you would like it to.

It wasn’t at my expense. Steve paid to fly up here to help me out. Solid dude.

No problem, see you in court. You win I am out of Business, that's what you want so be it. Don't think I am not protected legally by the LLC do your research, you will be coming to VA to file the claim. You want all the equipment in the shop, that's about all you will get, my business is new and has zero equity only debit.

there is a video that is no longer posted how he grinded into my oil galley to clear the rod for stroker motor .near the pickup tube that is gone. supposedly there was a tube inserted there I dont know what thats about. could this be causing the problem. I am trying to get to the problem and he is yapping on how great the headliner came out

lol now he brought you into this lol

I brought myself. Defending a friend and a solid fucking dude. Instead of taking hours away from your day, go troubleshoot and get down to what’s causing the issue of you can. I’ve had this happen on my old setup. Go drive it. It’s cold at night and warm in the day this time of year. Condensation happens. Even at 80°.

he was a friend no more. he is portraiting himself as the victim. from the time I had the problem till now he brushed me off. so now that's why I came on here. he injected himself onto here.

there is a video that is no longer posted how he grinded into my oil galley to clear the rod for stroker motor .near the pickup tube that is gone. supposedly there was a tube inserted there I dont know what thats about. could this be causing the problem. I am trying to get to the problem and he is yapping on how great the headliner came out

That’s for clearance on a long rod stroker. That’s what you get on a 109 block. The copper tube gets inserted if too much is clearanced.

OH WOW NOW I FIND OUT ABOUT THAT. HOW about that. so now you messed up the block as well. along with crank,rods,heads,turbo. NICE. sad i had to hear this from someone else. dude a tube was put into your block. i said what.

Status
Not open for further replies.