You can type here any text you want

Stage II motors

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tomar2

I am opening up as a guy that normally races N/A stuff. I have a ton of Stage II stuff that I have been racing for awhile now in Competition Eliminator and before that Super Stock.
I am thinking about turning my Buick stuff to F.I. and turbos and run Comp in a turbocharged entry (Ex Pro Stock Cavalier with clutch and Liberty five speed).
My question may be stupid, but I know the N/A world and this is new to me.
I have good stuff, and am looking to build a dominant Comp set-up and am looking at power potential for the Stage II motors. I currently run 274 combos and am looking at short stroke small cubic inch for turbo. Something like 239.
How much will these things make with the turbos?
I know that I am not giving enough info, and let's break it down two ways.....single and dual.
Thanks in advance!!
Tom

Ill throw this out there!! 1200 hp easily with fairly small turbos , 1400hp with the right combination of parts and tuning , 1600hp+ is possible with the cams and big turbos you could use with the clutch!! Im not a turbo guy either so those are just a guess. Others will have various opinions , this should be good. Mike:cool:

what class are you looing at? With the 274 the motor will be easier to get on boost and the extra stroke really makes things happen with the turbo. Unless there is a CI limit or weight issue with the bigger motor? 1400-1600 is acheivable for sure.
Mike

Talk with Kenny Duttweiler, as he has the highest power V6 out there right now. There other knowlegable builders/tuners on this board, too. Dan Strezo being another. (DLS) Not too hard to make over 1200+ with the right parts and tune-up. Tune up being probably the biggest hurdle in making and sustaining that kind of power level. It really would be money well spent to have tune-up help from Kenny. He really knows how to get a car down the track. There are other great tuners on this board, too, and don't want to under cut them, either. Talk with a few of them and deal with the guy's that you get the best support from. Kenny is in Ca. so he is close to you. (Duttweiler's number is 805-659-3648)

Other tuners should chim in here, too. I am in no way tied to Kenny's shop, though I have dealt with them over the last 20 years, and they have been very helpful.

Good luck with your project. And post pics as you build.

You might want to talk to John Gallina as well. He ran a Buick powered SS/DX twin turbo regal and held the NHRA SS/DX record for many years. John was running a short stroke small displacement S2 engine. I beleive he was using the Indy version of the S2 heads with HUGE intake ports.

We would love to see pictures of your currrent Comp setup.....anything S2 is way cool!!

Dave

You might want to talk to John Gallina as well. He ran a Buick powered SS/DX twin turbo regal and held the NHRA SS/DX record for many years. John was running a short stroke small displacement S2 engine. I beleive he was using the Indy version of the S2 heads with HUGE intake ports. Dave

John still holds the SS/DX record as being the first NHRA Super Stock car in the 7's! :D

The heads on the 210 cu. in. engine were worked S2's, but Kenny's "magic" was in the intake/injection set up to develop ~1300 HP.

At one NHRA event when we went 8.02, there was also a Hemi Shootout with lots of heavy hitters. Most of the drivers and crews came by just to see how the 210 cu. in. 6 cylinder could put out so much HP. :)

Car weighed 3100#'s, so it was not lightweight.

As far as a tune, if you pick up FAST XFI from Cal Hartline he gives free tuning, and he knows that system inside and out. just my .02

Hey...

You might want to talk to John Gallina as well. He ran a Buick powered SS/DX twin turbo regal and held the NHRA SS/DX record for many years. John was running a short stroke small displacement S2 engine. I beleive he was using the Indy version of the S2 heads with HUGE intake ports.

We would love to see pictures of your currrent Comp setup.....anything S2 is way cool!!

Dave

Hey Dave how ya do'n. The M13/14 or what ever it would be is cancelled this year :(

Are you coming down to the MWBChallange this weeekend?

Talk to you soon,
Scott~

Back