You can type here any text you want

Stranded. Fuel pump is not running.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
That sealant is not fuel proof. Eventually, it'll turn to snotty slime, and you'll find it in the fuel pump filter...

Well,it looks like it will have to stay that way. I've got the tank almost into position,teetering on a floor jack,i couldn't get all of the gas out. It's down just a little to get the lines on. On my back doing this. Holding the tank with one knee.

Ok,where's my screwdriver? Yeah,it's up there on the bench.

If only I knew that the small plug atop a factory sending unit couldn't handle the draw from this pump before I put this in,in the first place.

I did try the pump quickly while it was out only the tank. It powered up.

This worked really well for me! I wouldn't test the pump dry. Make sure it's in the tank, or in fuel when you test it. I burned up a low mile pump running it dry for just a few seconds. Pump ran full speed, just wouldn't pump any fuel.

I keep getting info shortly after I make a mistake. This isn't my day.

If this pump fails,I'm mounting a circulator pump from a house under the car,powered by a 1000w inverter.

I just have to find a whole bunch of reducers!

Here's a new one: I started it up. The FP quickly rose up to over 100psi according to the Autometer gauge I've got installed.

I quickly shut down. A pinched return? Hey,at least nothing blew apart!

Did I connect the return to the vent line?

I've got a 5/16 return. None of the return is factory.

The return is hooked to the pipe on the sending that's furthest to the front when the tank is installed.

I've got the tank bolts on their last threads. I can see the hoses. Nothing is kinked,crushed. Still gojng to 100+ psi. Good pump!

What Chuck said, RTV is not fuel proof. I use gasoline to dissolve it from EFI harness where GM uses silicone (RTV) at the bulkhead pass through.

You should also use Teflon insulated wire where it is exposed to fuel.

RemoveBeforeFlight

What Chuck said, RTV is not fuel proof. I use gasoline to dissolve it from EFI harness where GM uses silicone (RTV) at the bulkhead pass through.

You should also use Teflon insulated wire where it is exposed to fuel.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Thanks for the info. I'll just have to keep an eye on the top of the tank for leaks. I only used a really small amount since the triple-heat shrinked wire was snug in the hole. I used more on top of the sender.

Once it makes it to the sock,hopefully it won't be too much of a factor.

As far as the wire I used to go thru the sender: The + Red wire that came with the DW was long enough to run up thru the sender. It has a waxy coating.

It's back together and running! Can't test drive tho. Sleet is falling from the sky.

Oh I just love that exhaust drone at just above idle.

Now it's time to replace my rattle-can painted fiberglass rear fillers while the rear if the car is up in the air,and weather forecast calls for IMC for the rest of the week with SN.

I've got some professionally painted GM ones to put on there.

Note to DW or other aftermarket pump owners: Beware of the plug under the sending unit failing/melting due to too much draw from the pump. My sender was brand new.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Back