You can type here any text you want

Suggestions for 3 channel monitoring system.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SS_Sean

Pro Bracket
Hey, guys. I'm looking for a three channel monitoring system. Something that could monitor EGT's, A/F ratio and fuel pressure, maybe. I'm new to this whole concept so any suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated. I'm about to install a Razor system and will be bumping the boost up from 15psi to 22-25 psi. I would rather spend money now and keep from blowing my junk up.

Hey, guys. I'm looking for a three channel monitoring system. Something that could monitor EGT's, A/F ratio and fuel pressure, maybe. I'm new to this whole concept so any suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated. I'm about to install a Razor system and will be bumping the boost up from 15psi to 22-25 psi. I would rather spend money now and keep from blowing my junk up.

The Powerlogger can do that and more. It has dedicated inputs for WBO2, EGT, MAP, and two additional analog inputs, one of which you could run a signal from an electronic pressure transducer to measure fuel pressure (or any other pressure 0-100psi).
The only additional parts required would be an EGT addapter to plug into the powerlogger to boost it's signal.

Sounds good like that's just the ticket. I see full throttle sells them for $265. Where do these powerloggers connect. I'm sure I'd need a laptop, but what else is needed to operate the system?

That link shows a picture of it. It connects to the ECM just like Direct Scan does/did. It connects directly to the address/data line factory test connector that is hidden in the bottom of the ECM. Takes some minor modding to the ECM case (remove bottom), and clean the conformal coating off the board.
Then all you'll need is a laptop.
And the ability to hook wires from the desired sensors into the analog adapter that comes with it.
And the aformentioned EGT adapter.
Then if you really want to get slick, you can get your Scanmaster chip upgraded and plug the Scanmaster directly into the powerlogger analog adapter and you could then watch your MAP or Boost or EGT or WBO2 right on the front display of the Scanmaster. That way, you can monitor the high end functions I just mentioned without a laptop. The laptop would then only be required for data logging (of course) :biggrin:

Of course to monitor MAP or Boost you'll need to add a 3 bar MAP sensor to the car.

I'm going to add a map sensor with the alcohol inj. Would I need another for the boost/map function? Sorry for all the questions, guys, but I really am coming at this stuff blind.

I'm going to add a map sensor with the alcohol inj. Would I need another for the boost/map function? Sorry for all the questions, guys, but I really am coming at this stuff blind.

Nope, just run them both from the one, with a "T"

Nope, just run them both from the one, with a "T"

powerlogger is the way to go. im running razors kit and a powerlogger. i have EGT, Wideband, Boost, Fuel, IAT, all hooked up and works awsome.

You're a nut! I love it. What would you guys suggest I monitor? Right now I have the car apart for a new TT chip, so the ecm is out, and I just removed all my gauges so I can get them rewired properly. I have boost, fp, oil p, and tach. Basically I'm in the process of rewiring stuff so I may as well get this powerlogger installed as well. I'm looking to get everything ordered and installed over the winter.

You're a nut! I love it. What would you guys suggest I monitor? Right now I have the car apart for a new TT chip, so the ecm is out, and I just removed all my gauges so I can get them rewired properly. I have boost, fp, oil p, and tach. Basically I'm in the process of rewiring stuff so I may as well get this powerlogger installed as well. I'm looking to get everything ordered and installed over the winter.

the powerlogger in my opinion will log everything you need except one thing. Wideband. I would buy a LC-1 when you order the powerlogger and wire that in. NB tunning sucks.

Dave was just saying, above, that it does log WB02. Now I'm really confused... :redface:

WB with extra data ports? Get the WB function, and several datalogging channels too...

WB with extra data ports? Get the WB function, and several datalogging channels too...

yes the powerlogger will log wideband but you have to by a wideband sensor the LC-1. i was saying the powerlogger will log boost,IAT,TPS,IAC,Volts,Speed Etc. you just need to buy a WB and hook it to the powerlogger to data log WB.

Well, almost everything is being logged for you because you're hooked to the stock ECM, so of course ALL of it's data is available.

The additional analog input device has 5 inputs. I-1 is dedicated to the WBO2 input, I-2 is dedicated to the MAP device installed (for map and boost looging), I-3 is dedicated to the EGT device input.
I-4 and I-5 are open for any one of the following type things:

Volts
EGT
AirTemp
Pressure 100psi
pressure 100psiB
Correction factor
MafTPro VE%
MafTPro boost DC%

So you can see there's plenty of choices, and more are added from time to time to the I4 and I5 pull down menus.

I have MAP/Boost, and Manifold Temp (I4) and VE% (I5) being monitored.

I suppose I could log my EGT but I have a gauge, and if I were doing more racing than I am, I'd log it also.

When I get a WBO2, I will of course log that.

Oh, and also on the analog input device there's another dedicated input for plugging the Scanmaster directly into that! :biggrin: (I thought this was an ingeneous idea to implament!)
That way you can use the scanmaster like a digital gauge to monitor the stuff I mentioned in an earlier post to this thread.

What would I need for a parts list? The powerlogger, obviously. LC1, check. Laptop w/98,00, xp, check. Anything else?

Sorry to drag up an old post, but I just wanted to thank you guys for your help. I'm finally getting around to getting this stuff ordered tomorrow. I had a slight change of plans when I lost the #1 rod bearing this winter. :rolleyes:

Back