Support for Jerryl

boostmaster

Hello guys just wanted to give my hope and prayers for a veteran board member here who may have been affected by the major storm hurricane Ike. I know Jerryl lives in the Houston area and if his power is up I just want him to know that he has my support and I wish the best for him and his family.

Boostmaster

I just got off the phone with Jerryl. All is good with him and his family. He has power but no cable, no water and intermitted land line phone service. Jerryl said that he has no home damage only tree and yard damage. His car is safe in a concrete parking garage. Thought I would let everyone know. Brad

I just got off the phone with Jerryl. All is good with him and his family. He has power but no cable, no water and intermitted land line phone service. Jerryl said that he has no home damage only tree and yard damage. His car is safe in a concrete parking garage. Thought I would let everyone know. Brad

GREAT news!! My thoughts and prayers are with Jerryl, his family, and all the gulf coast families that were affected by the hurricane. Jerryl is an irreplacable asset to the TR community, and we all wish him well.
---Keith

he has no cable- which probably means no internet- but claims that all is good?
man, that guy is one tough cookie..

That is correct-no cable no internet. He is fine. Just yard and tree damage. The important thing is power-this means A/C. Houston is nasty when it gets hot with all the humidity. Alot of people without power for along time are going to be miserable. Brad

This is why I keep coming back to this community, people care, and I want to thank Boostmaster and all who posted for your caring. It means a lot.:cool:

In a quick summary;
Made it through IKE.
First Ike and Tina, now, Ike and Texas …………… :eek:

No e-mail@home yet, water and electric restored (We were very lucky!), minimal damage to the roof, no flooding, and LOTS of tree damage.
I hired a few guys to get things cleaned up yesterday, because I got better things to do with my time; Replacing a Walbro fuel pump with a Denso when it gets here! :eek:

The clean-up efforts and re-establishment of the infrastructure continues and many areas are still without power.
There is a curfew “dusk-dawn” and there are LONG lines at the pump at the time of this writing.

How will this hurricane affect you?
The ship channel (where a lot of the crude oil comes into the refineries) is closed as a result of HAZMAT in the channel!
The drilling platforms are also not yet 100% up and running so that is another contributor to high gas prices.
So, there may be a gas shortage very soon and you too will feel the effects of IKE!
Hopefully, it won’t be too bad, but the event it will give the oil companies an excuse to raise the prices. :mad:

I am sure you saw the news and I am not going to bore you with the details of the storm and some of its statistics.
We are blessed to have survived it the way we did, and, want to thank Ya'll for your prayers! :cool:

Good to hear that all is (fairly) well with you.....let's keep praying and pulling for the folks down that way that weren't as fortunate......

Good to hear that all is (fairly) well with you.....let's keep praying and pulling for the folks down that way that weren't as fortunate......
Yeah, I opened up my home to about 5 families and loaned out my equipment to those in need. The weather has been exceptionally nice (60's @ night)and no one have yet taken me up on my offer, but, they know they have an open invite if they need to.
We all need to work together to get through this thing! :cool:

Glad to hear you made it through buddy! Stay safe!
Eric

Thanks Eric!
You are a true gentlemen, friend, advisor and very much an expert in your field as well.
Thank you for your continual support to the HA group!
A lot of our cars could never run as good as they do without your SPECIFIC HA support!!

Funny, but I have been going through the 7-step-No Internet/cable program!
It is tougher than I thought it woule be! :wink:

GREAT news!! My thoughts and prayers are with Jerryl, his family, and all the gulf coast families that were affected by the hurricane. Jerryl is an irreplacable asset to the TR community, and we all wish him well.
---Keith
Keith,
Thanks for the kind words. It is very humbling to read your comments.
I am in no way irreplaceable, but, the guys like yourself are the ones who make this community what it is.

My hopes and prayers are with you Jerryl. Please let us know if your alright!
Eric,
Thanks for your concerns and prayers!
You need to update your thread on the TT SD chip!
I get away from the internet for 4 days and no update?? ;) ;) (ROFL)

That is correct-no cable no internet. He is fine. Just yard and tree damage. The important thing is power-this means A/C. Houston is nasty when it gets hot with all the humidity. Alot of people without power for along time are going to be miserable. Brad
Brad,
You are a true friend!
Heck, someday we may even meet face to face! :cool:
I am buying the beers!

Hello guys just wanted to give my hope and prayers for a veteran board member here who may have been affected by the major storm hurricane Ike. I know Jerryl lives in the Houston area and if his power is up I just want him to know that he has my support and I wish the best for him and his family.

Boostmaster
Boostmaster,
How can this forum continue to succeed without guys who truly care like you?
We see a lot of people in this forum who hang around a short time, and switch over to the cold side, but your continual preaching and resilience speaks for itself.
You have always said that most do not have the knowledge and patience to get the HA job done and if anyone reads and heed enough of your advice, they will soon understand that you are correct.

Not only do you share your knowledge and experiences, but provide continued solid advice! You are truly one of the "HA forum Gems!".

You need to update your thread on the TT SD chip!
I get away from the internet for 4 days and no update?? ;) ;) (ROFL)

Glad to hear you’re doing well Jerryl, hopefully you'll see some kind of normalcy soon.

The SD Chip is doing great and I’m really enjoying it so far. I’ve been bothering Eric M. on his support board, but I’m starting to get the hang of it. Went to the track this past Sunday and it really didn’t go as good as I hoped, but I’m learning the chip and what the new heads are doing to the car. It was a hot and humid day and no ones car ran their best. Myself as well as the two IC guys that I was with saw .4 seconds slower what they normally see. My best ET was 8.4 which happened right before the track shutdown. I still have a lot of room for improvement as I’m learning more of what the car now likes and dislikes. Previously I could go to about 25 to 26 LBs before the turbo started cooking the air more than building boost, now I’m seeing 22 to 23 LBs, so I lost about 3 pounds of boost from the ported heads (which was expected). My 60’ was terrible in the 2.05 to 2.2 range, so I’ve promised myself my next purchase for this car is going to be some M/T’s.

Take Care Jerryl!!

Glad to see you weathered the storm..........tomorrow when I have to pay 4.15 a gal. for gas, I'll know who to blame :biggrin:

Glad to see you weathered the storm..........tomorrow when I have to pay 4.15 a gal. for gas, I'll know who to blame :biggrin:

Thanks Dwayne!
Yeah, I know exactly who to blaim for gas prices too; Wall street and oil companies!! :eek:
I heard on the news that there was an IKE related fatality in Indiana???

Oh yeah ......
Time Warner said estimated "90 Days" to get my internet back.
Wondering if they will send me a bill for the 3 months I will not get service .....

I'm in Stillwater, OK but I'm not afraid to travel if you need my help. I'm sure you're getting along fine, but I was a tin knocker and have been doing commercial glass work while here in OK. You're about 4 or 5 hours away from me and the offer is on the table if you need my help. I lived on Cape Cod, MA and have been through a category 2 hurricane before. I know what it's like. Just wanna help in any way I can.

I'm in Stillwater, OK but I'm not afraid to travel if you need my help. I'm sure you're getting along fine, but I was a tin knocker and have been doing commercial glass work while here in OK. You're about 4 or 5 hours away from me and the offer is on the table if you need my help. I lived on Cape Cod, MA and have been through a category 2 hurricane before. I know what it's like. Just wanna help in any way I can.

Thank you!
Luckily, I am not in need of "glass help". (Thank GOD!)
You are still welcome to come visit and have a few beers. :D
I really appreciate the offer. :cool:

Good to hear your doing well Jerryl!!
Yeah, just finishing cleaning up my yard and the rest of Houston!
I really need to get back to "car tuning and stuff" ;) , especially now that is it TURBO weather!

Glad you and your family are okay. You're a very important member of this forum.

Thanks Jamie / Karl.
Your thoughts are appreciated! :cool:

Still a few million without power :( ........ My internet connection has been re-established :cool: ......... YIPEEE!!!
And I was so close to completing my "7 step internet withdraw program"! :smile: