TAI Class for 2008 BG Nationals

Another thing. Class racing forces me to build YOUR IDEA of a race car. I'm sorry, but ever since I was in elementary school, I knew I would build MY IDEA of a race car. Not someone elses!:mad:

Who the heck are you to tell me how to build my race car.:mad:

I'm sorry. This thread has got me all worked up.

Maybe you guys should have had someone that has no vested interest in this class do the rules. Everyone wants the rules around their own car.. thats how its always been.. just ask Red.

ummm Jay I just put out the question and what I would like to see :confused: Bracket racing to me is like watching paint dry :p OH it doesn't matter who's kit anyone runs or even if its a DIY one :) ... dammm... paints almost dry.. lemme do another coat :p did I say I hate bracket sandbagging :eek: at this point I don't know if anyone would want the class checking "job"

Another thing. Class racing forces me to build YOUR IDEA of a race car. I'm sorry, but ever since I was in elementary school, I knew I would build MY IDEA of a race car. Not someone elses!:mad:

I'm sorry. This thread has got me all worked up.

dammit Don stop answering yourself :biggrin:

Maybe you guys should have had someone that has no vested interest in this class do the rules. Everyone wants the rules around their own car.. thats how its always been.. just ask Red.
How about the damn organization make the rules? who puts this event on anyway? right, I know! But why is it left up to the racers? What do you think is going to happen? Why is it left untill the day of the event to post rules? Iv'e never in my life seen such a un-organized event!! All Iv'e read and heard from the racers the past 5yrs was how lousy the payouts were, also having T&T set times and cutting them short with people waiting in line, It goes on and on that is why the GS nats are getting less and less attendance every year. It's not the people it's the organization..

Scott this is why "we" have to have the rules before.. Club doesn't care what ya have for rules.... By the way Melissa got in a gazillion runs all week with NOOOO problems :cool:

ummm Jay I just put out the question and what I would like to see :confused: Bracket racing to me is like watching paint dry :p OH it doesn't matter who's kit anyone runs or even if its a DIY one :) ... dammm... paints almost dry.. lemme do another coat :p did I say I hate bracket sandbagging :eek: at this point I don't know if anyone would want the class checking "job"

I agree. There needs to be a heads up class so that people can be entertained by the big dogs. But to try and form a lower class that's touted as being budget based is a very bad idea. And in my opinion, highway robbery.

Let's look at NHRA again. Which form of racing is the most populated by contestants? Not the pro classes!!! All you see every event are the same popular stars. If I remember correctly, it's the Summit Series. Guess what. Bracket racing!

Maybe someone is trying to be a star?

Here's my opinion. I do plan on running this class by the way.

Same weight as TSM, 67mm turbo (BB or reg.) 93 octane witnessed by the field, drag radials, stock gas tank, stock ignition, 2004r or OD tranny, heads up. That's the way it should be. If you don't limit the turbo you're gonna take away the idea of running pump gas. They'll be TSM cars getting in line to hand the little guys their a$$.

Stock ignition? That is a joke. NOBODY has a stock ignition! How is it that your modded ECM and chip is stock? Your " stock ignition " is tuneable is it not? So is my FAST XFI. What is the difference? You chose to put your money into a modded ECM,Scan Tool, Chip, power logger or whatever. I chose to put my money into FAST XFI. My car is a full interior, full weight STREET car with AC, NO CAGE,NO FUEL CELL.
I just hope this gets figured out soon so everyone can start making plans and hotel reservations before people just say screw it.
Bryan

Bottom line is, the organizers should be doing all they can to INCREASE participation. I don't see class racing for the small guy doing that.

Now, if it's just a few elitist good ol' boys wanting to get together and stomp on the small guy and show off, then I think you guys are headed in the right direction. Keep it up. Buick participation in racing will surely fade away, more than it already has.

Still hot.:mad: I'm signing off to take a cold shower.

Think about what best for the cars that we love.

I agree. There needs to be a heads up class so that people can be entertained by the big dogs. But to try and form a lower class that's touted as being budget based is a very bad idea. And in my opinion, highway robbery.

Let's look at NHRA again. Which form of racing is the most populated by contestants? Not the pro classes!!! All you see every event are the same popular stars. If I remember correctly, it's the Summit Series. Guess what. Bracket racing!

Maybe someone is trying to be a star?

hahahahaha.... welllll lemme give you a scenario of all the BIG NHRA, IHRA, ALL the heads up Mustang Pro cars...Hellll all the fast heads up racing... go to the event ... try and get a good seat to see the ACTION:eek: they are there to race heads up and win any and every way they can... ok then the "announcer" says ok folks next round will be back in 90 minutes ... the "bracket" guys come up and the stands EMPTY !!! GHOST TOWN ... You can lay down in the stands and get a sun tan :cool: unless your old like some people and they just stand on the top row of the stands "gawking" at people... NO NOT ME :p notice I didn't say they were watching "paint dry" :rolleyes: :cool:

I was planning on driving to BG next year 'cause TAI didn't seem too interesting to more than two people last year. I'll trailer the car (9hours) to race if there's somewhat of a field.
Here's the question:

Who is running TAI next may? I know the rules thing, but who is commiting to it? I'm in, who else?

hahahahaha.... welllll lemme give you a scenario of all the BIG NHRA, IHRA, ALL the heads up Mustang Pro cars...Hellll all the fast heads up racing... go to the event ... try and get a good seat to see the ACTION:eek: they are there to race heads up and win any and every way they can... ok then the "announcer" says ok folks next round will be back in 90 minutes ... the "bracket" guys come up and the stands EMPTY !!! GHOST TOWN ... You can lay down in the stands and get a sun tan :cool: unless your old like some people and they just stand on the top row of the stands "gawking" at people... NO NOT ME :p notice I didn't say they were watching "paint dry" :rolleyes: :cool:

That's a good point. How many racer's are participating? How deep do you think their pockets must be to do that form of racing?

Are you concerned about spectator ticket sales or getting people to race their Buick?

I'd trailer my car for an event too, if there was a venue for me. I can't imagine a big crowd interested in watching pump gas with alcohol injection cars. If you're trying to compare that to the current top Mustang runners, your going to be disappointed.

Just make it so more people can participate, promise a big purse, and you'll get your crowd.

Have you heard how big the purses are in the IHRA bracket classes? Some people make it their profession to race in that.

There's no way I would travel cross country to watch a few elitist pump gas cars. Are you kidding?

Make it so I would see an array of interesting cars and I'd travel cross country to check them out, but to make the trip to look at a pit full of pump gas cars with alky injection kits on them. Heck, I can just look at my son's car for that. Why would I want to see a whole pit full of them.

I don't see this helping the Turbo Buick cause as a whole. I do see it increasing alcohol injection kit and turbo sales though. Time to buy some stock.

Don I really don't think it's about sales of alky kits at this point with thousands of them out there already. It's about what the cars with them already installed can do! You don't see a vendor tent with kits right next to the track! My God man! Your car is running completely off methanol and no pump gas so why are you fighting for a rule change in a class that was set up years ago? I don't understand! Good luck! it's like me with my lousy 70mm turbo that everyone is so afraid of... :rolleyes:

I'm done with this Mickey Mouse BS. This stupid sh*t should be decided by whomever puts the event on. Not this baby bickering over rules between the racers.

UN-ORGANIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This my opinion, I have rey read all these posts.
the best ideas have been to run BOTH!! the quickest 8 after qualfying run heads up that leaves all other RACERS to run brackets!!!!!!!!!

the fastest race the the fastest and the street racers get to have a blast TOO!

let every one remeber, we are trying to BUILD something hear not tear it down

there are so many differnt ways to do something, WHY can't we keep it simple!!!

min. weigh 3400lbs w/driver,any buick powered 109 block,93pump gas ( from one place, minimum 10 gals. ),full interior, any alky system,

would it be nice to have 50 TAI cars in the staging lanes waiting to run not just 2!!!!!!!!!!!

and by the way I WILL BE RACING and have raced in the class for the past 2 years.

and please remember everyone is entitled to give there opinons, we need to have OPEN MINDS :D :D :D

This my opinion, I have rey read all these posts.
the best ideas have been to run BOTH!! the quickest 8 after qualfying run heads up that leaves all other RACERS to run brackets!!!!!!!!!

the fastest race the the fastest and the street racers get to have a blast TOO!

let every one remeber, we are trying to BUILD something hear not tear it down

there are so many differnt ways to do something, WHY can't we keep it simple!!!

min. weigh 3400lbs w/driver,any buick powered 109 block,93pump gas ( from one place, minimum 10 gals. ),full interior, any alky system,

would it be nice to have 50 TAI cars in the staging lanes waiting to run not just 2!!!!!!!!!!!

and by the way I WILL BE RACING and have raced in the class for the past 2 years.

and please remember everyone is entitled to give there opinons, we need to have OPEN MINDS :D :D :D

you alreay gave your opinion once !!! did someone ask for YOUR opinion AGAIN ??? :confused: :mad: :p hey I am heading to Florida now !!! Frezzing here and snow on the way !!!! Just put snow tires on Melissa's car so we can keep "testing":rolleyes: :biggrin:

This is probably what gets me the most. I've been working with alcohol since 2001. Been a pioneer as far as burning alcohol at the grass roots level. A lot of hard time has been put into getting this car squared away. I'll admit it. I'd like to be able to bring my art to a Buick meet to show it off. Now someone finally comes up with a class for alcohol, AND ITS FOR THE AUX CROWD?!! I give up on you guys. Your not going to keep me down. I'll just continue trying to help out the Buick cause at the bracket level. Sure would be nice to have a consolidated effort by all to find a way to make our turbo cars more consistent. That's OK. I'll go it alone. That's what I'm used to anyway. Good luck with the event.

I'm taking a page out of my wifes book I CAN ADD TO MY OPINON AND CHANGE MY MIND :p :p :p