You can type here any text you want

The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
kirban 2 cents worth

The GSX-PKV entry above has gotten 1/2 the answer rite. Actually the clear over the dash applique is the number one thing I have personally seen still on the dash cluster. In some cases it was on each section and some cases it was removed from the main gauge cluster and left on the small sections.

That is 1/2 the answer....the code stickers on the wheels I have never seen..

Here is an additional clue:

It is found inside the car.....

So whoever posts in order to win has to list the clear dash overlay coating and whatever they think matches my answer...both in the same thread to win...no exceptions....you can try again GSX.....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Never out of ideas....is solutions that are hard to come by.....

the plastic covering on the black dash trim around the speedo and hvac controls. also i think the next thing is the sticker on the ash tray thats located on the driver's seat.

kirban 2 cents worth

you got it.....we actually have reproduced that sticker.....for those that have never seen the sticker here is what it reads " This seat was made by the north unit cushion room on day shift at BOC Flint assembly 4300 S Saginaw St, Flint, Michigan 48557" (I am sure that place is long gone by now).

It was stuck on the ash tray on the drivers back bucket seat. Not sure if it ever appeared on the pillow style Limited seats or not.

The most common screw up is of course the clear still on the dash applque again based on what I have seen personally.

Its good to se a new winner send me a pm with you full address to send your prize.....

Got a quick group here....curious how you hit on the label on the ash tray?

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

more info to follow

kirban 2 cents worth

Still no one has claimed 50 codes on the low end or 100 codes on the high end. Just to set the record straight first one to prove to me without doubt a 50 code car gets $50 in prizes...and 100 code car gets $100 worth.

For proof car has to have the label attached to the car and post photos of the actual car so I can see lack of options or multiple options at the 100 count....

You can still post your trunk ID label if you want some info on it as its interesting to share with readers what cars are out there.

Going back to the seat trivia question, you can see how GM really played a close game with the seat material. In many cases if you look at your rear seat where the upper base cushion meet the base cushion material in some cases barely coves the entire area and you see the backing material they used.

On leather seats, leather was only used on the face surfaces, vinyl was used on the side panels. The frame structure of the bucket seats can't take much abuse and can crack easily.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

more to follow....

kirban 2 cents worth

Ok group I leave you tonite with one last trivia question. Payoff is $50 value. Your answer has to match mine!

No Buick related employees etc permitted nor past winners in this thread.

Here goes:

Under the hood of every 1984-1987 Turbo Regal is a part not connected to the engine that is the same as the part found on a late 1970s thru 1996 Corvette. In other words something under the hood.

Give me the name of that part. Don't matter if their is more than one item I want the item I am thinking of.

Participate, you get 3 guesses only....again previous winners not eligible.

Good luck hope this contest lasts a few days....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I have owned a 1995 and a 1996 Corvette one reason I know the answer.

As they say the clock is ticking....

windshield wiper motor

Speedometer cable

rubber hood bumper thingy

Bob

(can I have 3 more guesses?)

I know I'm a little late to this thread...

I'm the proud owner of a 86 grand national with t tops purchased from orginal owner with 77000 orginal miles.. The only options this car doesn't have as I can tell are power att & no concert sound. I will be posting pictures of the code this weekend. No vanity mirror a

I was orginally going to use this as a doner car until I got it home and saw it only needed doors & some tlc. The motor in this car was suppose to go in my white 86 t type. I gald I didn't chop it up...

I'm hoping my 86 t type has low options due to the black out package and roll up windows, It has concert sound with no power att.. I will be able to find out this weekend when I go to my sister house... Picture coming soon....

Well, I took a picture of the grand national its not 96 code like I previously said.. Its only 86 a little disappointed..

My 86 t type is 70 codes. I will post pictures this weekend.. Can sombody tell me what is the code for the leather seats 45/45 in grey..

Got my prize already!!! :eek: :biggrin:

Thank You Dennis!!! :cool:

Can't wait to try that ZDDP in the WE4 with Mobil 1 synthetic. :smile:

kirban 2 cents worth

loooong day for me any rate slo GN takes the prize this time coolant cap is the answer I was seeking....send me pm with your full address....guys are on the ball
and its costing me.....but its a game to me....

Here is another side point....as many of you know we make a lot of Corvette and Mustang parts. Got to, member life is a game of numbers, Buicks are great but when you do what we do for a living with overhead etc and 25 years etc you have to be smart enough to cover other vehicles..

Anyrate the radiator cap on the C5 Corvettes is 100% the same as every 2003-2004 Mustang Cobra radiator cap....probably used the same supplier!

The cruise control on the C4 Corvette is the same as one of ours can't member if its the 84-85-86 style or the 87 which is different. One version is smaller diameter than the other and its too late to look at my car to member which is which.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Salvage V6 member don't drink the zddplus its for the engine.....you better read all those tech briefs I sent you.......

kirban 2 cents worth

Back on the body bushings (cushions). The GM parts listing on the computer today is not very clear on the G body placement of bushings. For example, when you pull up the illiustration, for Monte Carlo, or Olds Cutlass, and Buick Regal they actual show a cushion in each position 2-3-4-6-7. No 5 as that is the GNX one.

However, Olds got a #5 a 2 piece one.

Pontiac Gran Prix in the books they don't show any positions and what they get.

Monte Carlo got the lower cushion in 2-3-4-6-7

Buick Regal (our cars) only got the lower in #2, and 6. #3,4,#7 only get a metal washer.

Cars above I am referring to 1984-1987 vintage only.

Now based on crawling under 300 plus of these cars and installing them, we found that many Turbo regals sspeciallyl 1987 models did have #7 lower cushion.
Even the 700 mile one we currently have has #7. Even though according to the Buick parts system it should not have #7 lower cushion.

Mostly 1986s did not get #7 lower cushion in our findings. It does seem strange and I am sure most would agree, the Turbo Buick developed the most torque/power etc....as such you would think the emphasis would be to reinforcement the suspension in every possible way like securng the body to the frame!

I was told years ago that every car line was designed to have a different ride from each other. That was the reason for this body bushing set up. Is it true? I don't know.

Look at the radiator overflow bottle the top appears to designed so a brace would be postioned across it similar to what was used in another G body application.

Certainily is true with the front connecting braces as the holes are there for them.

I am sure had production continued past 1987 changes to the suspension would have been addressed.

The longer you wait to install those "missing" cushions the bigger risk you take of not being able to back out those 15mm head bolts and having the trapped cage nut slip. Also, we have seen those bolts come lose and fall out. I remember GNX 001 at the GS Nats several years ago it was actually missing some of the body bolts.

If you really want to feel a difference, ride in a 700 mile original GN compared to your car....a world of difference.

Installing the lower body bushings (cushions) as long as the bolts come out easily can be done on a garage floor.

While many of you concentrate on making your car quicker, attention should also be spent making sure your frame & body are attached securely!

Although I never mention #1 bushing that is pretty standard and is up by the core suppport.

Comments/questions welcomed.....

Obviousily this thread is not ljust limited to the trunk ID label, but seems to have many readers so I will continue on this thread. If you have a related subject ask it here. Keep in mind my knowledge on mechanical engine related is very limited.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskriban@yahoo.com

still seeking 50 or less or 100.....

new contest coming have to think of ones not traceable over the internet.....

kirban 2 cents worth

new contest

past winners and any Buick related employees not eligible.

Cutting down the field slightly to give others a shot.

Internet won't be much help on this one.

Answer involves any 1984-1985-1986-1987 Turbo Regal.

You sitting in the drivers seat.....

Visible inside the car and referring to something inside the car.....if I say 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock what part am I referring to on the car?

A $25 prize awaits first correct posted answer in this thread.

clock is ticking......

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Must bug Salvage V6 can't participate....bummer.....

kirban 2 cents worth

loooong day for me any rate slo GN takes the prize this time coolant cap is the answer I was seeking....send me pm with your full address....guys are on the ball
and its costing me.....but its a game to me....

Here is another side point....as many of you know we make a lot of Corvette and Mustang parts. Got to, member life is a game of numbers, Buicks are great but when you do what we do for a living with overhead etc and 25 years etc you have to be smart enough to cover other vehicles..

Anyrate the radiator cap on the C5 Corvettes is 100% the same as every 2003-2004 Mustang Cobra radiator cap....probably used the same supplier!

The cruise control on the C4 Corvette is the same as one of ours can't member if its the 84-85-86 style or the 87 which is different. One version is smaller diameter than the other and its too late to look at my car to member which is which.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Salvage V6 member don't drink the zddplus its for the engine.....you better read all those tech briefs I sent you.......

SWEET

kirban 2 cents worth

new contest

past winners and any Buick related employees not eligible.

Cutting down the field slightly to give others a shot.

Internet won't be much help on this one.

Answer involves any 1984-1985-1986-1987 Turbo Regal.

Visible inside the car and referring to something inside the car.....if I say 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock what part am I referring to on the car?

A $25 prize awaits first correct posted answer in this thread.

clock is ticking......

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Must bug Salvage V6 can't participate....bummer.....

well...........How about the a pillar trim driver's side is 9 o clock and the pass side is at 3 o clock. and or the A/C vents located in that same area just a little lower.

kirban 2 cents worth

wrong answers good try though however you won before so you have to sit this round out....the answer I am seeking is kinda simple....

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

calling it a nite.....

kirban 2 cents worth

The only "real" hex bolts that fasten the horn cap. The others are merely ornamental.

The only "real" hex bolts that fasten the horn cap. The others are merely ornamental.

I think Chuck nailed the answer...those are the two places the horn caps crack. (Sometimes from over tightening) Plus you said it a few weekends ago while sitting in my car.

Door pull straps, geez that was easy. :p

Not sure about reading all those tech. articles, they looked like marketing propaganda. :eek: ;)

J/K will make some good winter reading. :biggrin:

Back