Time to go Stage II!

updates please :) i havent drooled over awsome billet parts in to long :rolleyes: cool so see what its possible to do with ye oldie hand cranked machines

Here are the original flow numbers I received for my set of M&A heads.
Date flowed: 1/17/96

Intake @ 25"
Valve size: 1.835
Lift
.100 55.2
.200 113.4
.300 157.2
.400 187.4
.500 202.7
.600 209.5

Exhaust @ 25"
Valve size: 1.500
.100 47.2
.200 85
.300 124.8
.400 149.3
.500 162.2
.600 166.4

Ex/Int %: 79.4

Throw that in the sim, Norbs. You're going to find that it is impossible to get a peak of 1130 bhp with those flow numbers. Let me know what peak bhp you do end up with.

my lil reg gn1 heads flowed better than those u can get a lot better #'s out of the heads

Almost 3 months now Donnie, what's going on?:)

Just last week, I stopped by the CNC shop to see how the intake entries were doing. Mind you, the machine shop has had this project for quite some time now.
The CNC operator, Mike, who operates the CNC machine, and also does the programming, a one man operation, showed me how far he had gotten on putting together the file for my part on his copy of Solidworks. He had reached a stopping point and had not called to tell me. He was having difficulty with creating the proper radii in the corners of the opening. Sensing that he is planning on not charging me much to do this machining project for me, I gathered up my paperwork and told him I would do the program work on my own computer and convert the file to a format that he could use with his machine.
So, that is where I am. I have created the file up to the point of creating the radii through the corners of the opening. The same point Mike got stuck at. I still have some tricks up my sleeve with the program though. Not throwing in the towel yet.
The exhaust system is simply waiting for me to start cutting and welding the primaries together. All the material is here at the shop. I've got some engine builds in the works for the shop, so that has kept me from being able to concentrate on working on the car.

Anything to update since 5 weeks ago?

Not really. More engine builds are piling up. Can't really say when I might get back on the car. It's sort of been a nice vacation to get away from the car for a while. It's starting to peak my interest again, though.
It appears I may have to start staying around the shop after hours to get work done on it. Just like the ol' days.

Need an extra part time worker? I promise I am quicker at building engines than I am at building transmissions. ;)

Need an extra part time worker? I promise I am quicker at building engines than I am at building transmissions. ;)

Thanks for the offer, James. I'm not that backlogged. I'm working at my own comfortable speed. Having fun. The vast majority of the time is waiting on the machine shop to finish their part. I prefer not to have more than 2 engines apart at a time, just because I don't have the room to store all the loose parts, so it slows me down a bit. Trying to speed it up a little to get things caught up, though.
Finishing off a nice, girdled Stage I type Turbo Buick V6. Rebuilding a tired existing build. An engine out of a car from the east coast. A very nice build, btw. Nice combination of good parts. I believe the previous owner told this fella that it was a low 9 second combination.
Then on to a Ford 302 V8 going in a 1970 Mustang restoration project.

Nice! I would much rather work on those than your typical Hyundai or Honda! Let me know if you ever need anything.

Keep the progress coming... Stage 1 with a girdle, maybe I should have girdled mine?

Nice! I would much rather work on those than your typical Hyundai or Honda! Let me know if you ever need anything.

We've been getting a lot of old car stuff lately. We did a 500 Cadillac engine out of a 52 Olds, chopped and lowered. Cool car. I'll try to post some pics of it. Also a 52 Chevrolet with a late model SBC powertrain in it. Also redid the engine in that.
Just got another 87 WE4 T/type engine rebuild today to put in line. Mostly stock right now.
A couple other rebuilds that we're going to farm out to the machine shop because we don't have to time to do them ourselves.
Engines coming out of the woodwork lately.

Keep the progress coming... Stage 1 with a girdle, maybe I should have girdled mine?

Stage I type or configuration. Stock style heads. The block is stock, non-stage. The heads are GN1s. Sorry for the confusion.

Getting the bug to get back on it. I've been getting a lot of encouragement from people to get the car done, including from the wife. :)
I'll be finishing the exhaust system first.

Getting the bug to get back on it. I've been getting a lot of encouragement from people to get the car done, including from the wife. :)
I'll be finishing the exhaust system first.

But excuse me if I am wrong. But when I said that I was not able to do my project in one year! You said that you couldn't wait that long. What happened to you
this time??? Is this not taking longer than expected that your Wife has to KICK your BUTT??!!!?

Glad to see you getting back to it!
I know the "back burner" only to well!
I'm gonna go out and finish the tractor right now! LOL

Let's not crap in a man's thread with posts that are negative or add no value.

Left side primaries tacked in place.
IMAG0237.jpg