Times with 6262

I just got done putting on my 6265 and cant wait till the weather breaks and I can get this thing on the road and try it!! It built boost on the foot brake with ease but will not be able to drive on these roads till April :cry::cry::cry:.......

On a side note does anyone think it might be beneficial to put on RJC's bigger waste gate puck?? Just wondering if that might help a little with lag being that the puck will take a little more to push open???
The bigger puck will do nothing for spool up unless the wastegate hole was already larger than the old puck. The larger hole will bleed off boost faster, and give more surface area to push the puck open.

The bigger puck will do nothing for spool up unless the wastegate hole was already larger than the old puck. The larger hole will bleed off boost faster, and give more surface area to push the puck open.
Rob I'm good to go then...This turbo built boost on the brake easier than I expected.....It seemed quicker than the 6262 was but I haven't been in the car since last September...I guess the turbo could have been on it's way out for a little while as well..

I just got done putting on my 6265 and cant wait till the weather breaks and I can get this thing on the road and try it!! It built boost on the foot brake with ease but will not be able to drive on these roads till April :cry::cry::cry:.......

On a side note does anyone think it might be beneficial to put on RJC's bigger waste gate puck?? Just wondering if that might help a little with lag being that the puck will take a little more to push open???
If you are planning over 65lbs/min a 1.25" puck is more than enough. Larger bypass hole requires less exhaust pressure to open. The exact opposite of what you posted.

I recently made a trip to the track with my new pt6262cea jb. Alky and 93, bailey extender chip with no adjustments made. Stock longblock, 24psi boost with a 5psi foot brake launch.

I'm pretty sure my combo would really wake up with some ported irons but I'm afraid to mess with a good thing by breaking the seal.

Last edited:
Anyone else see the new 6266 cea aero turbocharger? Rated at 800 With quicker spool.

http://www.precisionturbo.net/news/...Turbocharger-with-GEN2-CEA®-Aero-Released/236

Precision turbo Gen 2 6266.jpg

I'm pretty sure my combo would really wake up with some ported irons but I'm afraid to mess with a good thing by breaking the seal.

Ported heads would definitely wake up your combo but I understand your comment about the original head gaskets.

Not in my opinion. It's a few things you can use that $700 on for the TR.
There are other benefits of the BB units if you call and speak to Precision Turbo reps.
"Purpose-built for improved strength, durability and longevity, all of the new PT6266 CEA® turbos are equipped with an air-cooled, dual ceramic ball bearing Center Housing Rotating Assembly (CHRA) for faster transient response and added thrust capacity. "

I have the larger puck with a ported wg hole to match, and I have to run a ton of spring pressure to get high boost. I have to have the rod from the actuator extremely tight.

Finally got to put up some numbers with the new build at Turbo Thunder XV:

11.61 @ 123.71 (20 psi). 1.87 60', ET Streets @ 24 psi. (1/8th: 7.56 @ 96.60). 0 psi (stall) launch.

I realize that isn't astounding for this turbo, but it was the car's (and my) first time down the strip. The tune is fat, and we pulled a little timing out from TurboTweak's initial burn (will have to double check the exact *). These were really just shake-down runs for me, seeing how the car behaved.

Track was greasy. No real prep, no VHT. 1.80 - 1.90 was the average short-time for all of us. Almost everyone was on 275/50/15 ET Streets. I pedaled on every run. I would have taken more air out of the tires, but I had to drive home on them. I also couldn't make any boost at the line without brake creep.

I thought the MPH was worth posting. The heads are aggresively machined stock irons, making 9:0 to 1 on JE forged pistons. Cam is a low-lift 212/212 roller. I ran head to head with another 6262 car (SINISTR). He was running 25# on a stock long block. We were pretty evenly matched, but the difference in heads was clear on the big end of the track.

The next steps are clear - 1) wide band and a data logger 2) rear sway bar, control arms. 3) Brake upgrade.

I ran 11.72 with the 6262 leaving at "0" boost. Only thing done to the engine is upgraded valve springs. I have the basic supporting bolt ons. The track was real busy, I didn't want to blow the tires off on one of the only runs I was going to get. So I left way too easy. It was at 24lbs of boost 18 degrees of timing and alky. I know it's not real impressive, but it's getting there.

I ran 11.72 with the 6262 leaving at "0" boost. Only thing done to the engine is upgraded valve springs. I have the basic supporting bolt ons. The track was real busy, I didn't want to blow the tires off on one of the only runs I was going to get. So I left way too easy. It was at 24lbs of boost 18 degrees of timing and alky. I know it's not real impressive, but it's getting there.

What did you trap in the 1/8th? 1/4?